247 mock class

Advertisement
The class will be even better than that, that's for sure.

That's a really good class actually. Wouldn't be a fan of the bethel take or an unpopular opinion the Thornton take either. Rather close up shop with db recruiting with cambell and then add Austin or Williams for the last receiver spot

So I never travel over to 247, but they send emails. The latest email had " Mock class" as the title. I couldn't help but click just for ****s and giggles.

The remaining additions were Joyner (lb), Bethel (CB),Thorton (wr), Friday (DT), Ruth (ot), Briggs (dt), Campbell (og) and Oladelle ( de).

The Friday kid seems like a reach, I've heard him mentioned but nothing serious. I also seriously doubt we take one lb and the Ruth kid caught me off guard. But we need another tackle, I guess that could be a possibility.

Other than lb, Friday and no JC DT that seems like a decent effort.

A class of 26 is about what we expect , maybe as many as 28. But I'd be thrilled with that class.

Who the **** is Ruth?

He's been mentioned here a couple times, big ole b astard.

View attachment 46378

Not trying to be a star *****, but I thought we were done with these types when Golden left. Dude rated in the 1000s?

OL is the hardest position group out of HS to rank. Therefore it's more common to see top programs going after lower ranked guys here than say at RB. Plus, if you are gonna take a flyer on a guy, it's probably not a bad choice to pick the kid that is 6'7.

The class will be even better than that, that's for sure.

That's a really good class actually. Wouldn't be a fan of the bethel take or an unpopular opinion the Thornton take either. Rather close up shop with db recruiting with cambell and then add Austin or Williams for the last receiver spot

Im not saying that class isn't good, I'm just saying I believe it will be even better than the one they had.

If we are filling 7-8 more slots IMO we should pursue the following breakdown by position (and then player):

OL = 2: Campbell and one additional OT prospect
LB = 2: OLB (Joyner or Reese) and MLB (Louis or another prospect)
DE = 1: Oladele
DT = 2: Briggs and a JUCO

Then the final spot goes to either T. Campbell or another five-star wild card (I am not in favor of taking another WR if not SPECIAL talent, nor another DB).

Advertisement
So I never travel over to 247, but they send emails. The latest email had " Mock class" as the title. I couldn't help but click just for ****s and giggles.

The remaining additions were Joyner (lb), Bethel (CB),Thorton (wr), Friday (DT), Ruth (ot), Briggs (dt), Campbell (og) and Oladelle ( de).

The Friday kid seems like a reach, I've heard him mentioned but nothing serious. I also seriously doubt we take one lb and the Ruth kid caught me off guard. But we need another tackle, I guess that could be a possibility.

Other than lb, Friday and no JC DT that seems like a decent effort.

A class of 26 is about what we expect , maybe as many as 28. But I'd be thrilled with that class.

Who the **** is Ruth?

He's been mentioned here a couple times, big ole b astard.

View attachment 46378

Not trying to be a star *****, but I thought we were done with these types when Golden left. Dude rated in the 1000s?

OL is the hardest position group out of HS to rank. Therefore it's more common to see top programs going after lower ranked guys here than say at RB. Plus, if you are gonna take a flyer on a guy, it's probably not a bad choice to pick the kid that is 6'7.

Yep. Ol is the hardest position to evaluate and project to the next level.

If we don't get Campbell are you guys going to say this was a **** class. I love the class round it off with a few more and I'll be even happier. One monkey will not stop this show. I can promise you that.

If we don't get Campbell are you guys going to say this was a **** class. I love the class round it off with a few more and I'll be even happier. One monkey will not stop this show. I can promise you that.

Exactly that was an egregious comment to make. This class will be elite with or without Campbell. He's the staff top target so I'm sure he will be in the class

Exactly that was an egregious comment to make. This class will be elite with or without Campbell. He's the staff top target so I'm sure he will be in the class

I won't say it was a **** class. But I won't be fully satisfied. I don't think it's egregious to not be happy if your top target, who has personally said that your DB coach is like his father, was formally coached by him, and who might be the best DB prospect in the country turns you down for a team that's been recruiting him for 6 months. That's a losers mentality. Only losers and ***** white knights like Broke think being angry for not landing a lay up like Campbell is egregious. FOH bruh, smh

Advertisement

I won't say it was a **** class. But I won't be fully satisfied. I don't think it's egregious to not be happy if your top target, who has personally said that your DB coach is like his father, was formally coached by him, and who might be the best DB prospect in the country turns you down for a team that's been recruiting him for 6 months. That's a losers mentality. Only losers and ***** white knights like Broke think being angry for not landing a lay up like Campbell is egregious. FOH bruh, smh

Perfect.

I won't say it was a **** class. But I won't be fully satisfied. I don't think it's egregious to not be happy if your top target, who has personally said that your DB coach is like his father, was formally coached by him, and who might be the best DB prospect in the country turns you down for a team that's been recruiting him for 6 months. That's a losers mentality. Only losers and **** white knights like Broke think being angry for not landing a lay up like Campbell is egregious. FOH bruh, smh
You acting like one of them worrying b*tches in the al blades thread the other day. We are in a great position to land Campbell so stop acting and posting like we won't.... quit hoping for the situation if we don't land Campbell.... Have some faith in the staff they should be given the benefit of the doubt considering how well they have recruited this 2018 class

Last edited:
I think we will sign another full class of 25-26 kids in 2018.

Richt mentioned that we should have 41 on offense, 41 on defense and 2-3 for specials.

We currently have 78 players on Scholarship for 2017.
-36 on Offense and 39 on Defense and 3 Special teams.

So we start with 7 scholarships.

Seniors (9):
O: 5 (Berios, Herndon, McDermott, Darling, Linder)
D: 3 (Moten, Thomas, Harris)
S: 1 (Badgley)

This will give us 9 more scholarships for 2018.
9+7=16

Redshirt Seniors (11): (Asked to move on if they can't contribute or may transfer to start somewhere else)
O: 5 (Rosier, Gray, Harris, Langham, Jones)
D: 6 (Willis, Jackson, Owens, Smith, McCray, Mayes)

My guess is we will lose at least 6 of these guys.
16+6=22

Early NFL Entry: (guys who may be good enough to declare if they have a good season)
O: 1 (Walton, Cager)
D: 2 (McIntosh, Norton, Willis, Dean)

With our luck we will lose 3 guys...
22+3=25

Attrition: (Guys who get passed up or get messed up)
Jeff James 4/23/17
Jack Allison 4/25/17
Jovani Haskins 6/13/17

Some of the guys mentioned above will be a part of the attrition for sure as they may not see a future at the U or get in trouble before they graduate. But we will most likely have another 2-3 underclassmen in addition to the players above who get kicked off the team or leave for various reason.

25+2=27 Total spots available for STORM18:

We need:
1 QB: Sitkowski (Should pick up at least one solid QB every class) - DONE
2 RB: Lingard, Davis (Will need 2-3 RBs in the class) - DONE
4 WR: Wiggins, Hightower, Pope (should pick up 3-4) - 1 More
2 TE: Jordan, Mallory (will need 2 in this class) - DONE
4 OL: Scaife, Reed (Will need 4-5 to replace the graduating seniors)

3 DT: Silvera (Will need at least 3 depending on who leaves)
2 DE: Rousseau (Stacked but should pick up 2 more to replace Thomas & Trent)
2 LB: None (Should pick up at least 2 in every class, can replace based on attrition)
4 CB: Frierson, Ivey, Blades (Stack up with such a strong class)
2 S: Hall, Jobe (2 Elite Safties) - DONE

1 K: Baxa (Need to replace Badgley) - DONE

Total: 27 (13 Off, 13 Def, 1 ST)

Who I'd like to see us close with:
QB: Done
RB: Done
TE: Done
WR: 1 of (Terrace Marshall, Xavier Williams or Kevin Austin) or just stick with 3
OL: John Campbell + 1 more

DT: Dennis Briggs + 1 of (Rick Sandidge, Jordan Davis, Trevor Trout)
DE: 1 of (Kayode Oladele or Micah Parsons (reach))
LB: 2 of (David Reese, Rosendo Louis, Jamien Sherwood, Patrick Joyner)
CB: Tyson Campbell or save spot for 2019
S: Done

ST: Done

There is still a lot of time left so I'm sure other targets will emerge, but based on what has happened so far these are the guys I would like to see us close with.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just want 3 DTs in this class, preferably 2 + a JUCO to cover our asses should all 3 go pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be great overall given who we have committed. Hopefully Tyson Campbell comes our way. I am disappointed in no Rosendo or Sherwood. This finish from here on out i s hurt with none of the 3 guys I named IMO.

There may be other surprises, you just never know

Yes I want Campbell, we should get him based on his history, but DT is a greater area of need if we're prioritizing by position.

Advertisement
I still haven't given up on getting the Marshall kid from around here.He is souring on LSU and they are throwing the house at him.

He's getting ready to cut his list to 2 and I think it's us and the Tigers...hoping.

They keep saying Tyson Campbell is leaning to OSU but we heard straight from the horses mouth from his cousin that we lead. Bunch of s over there

That last sentence is KEY, this staff hasn't missed on many off their TOP targets

[MENTION=2343]Cribby[/MENTION] Bro, you just looking to figure out how many more times the pants come down? :KYPOwCc:

Advertisement
Back