2025 Roster Discussion

Whats the projected lineup and rotation realistically looking at for next season at this point? Cuvet and 8 transfers?

Advertisement
Not gonna deny that I got a little frustrated tonight watching Florida go add a conference Pitcher of Year in the portal and we are adding reliever projections.

If Miami wants to be serious, they need to roll out some cash and go sign a couple of freaking proven stud starters who were Pitchers of Year in lower conferences.

It’s time to show me this work in the portal is fruitful with some proven guys to compete for Friday/Saturday. Hope is no longer an acceptable strategy.

You “hope” Hugus can be good. You “hope” Nick Robert can be a starter. You “hope” Brian Walter can transition to starter.

That’s not good enough. Wake Forest, Florida, LSU, Tennessee etc. are out there getting legit dudes. It’s time Miami does as well.
You hit the nail on the head, I'm sick of Florida getting stud after stud and miami being satisfied with so much less. My family is all Arkansas fans, so I always have to hear about how many studs they have too, its extremely frustrating. Miami should be getting and developing pitching at the same level as both of those schools and there's no excuse.

Can't be surprised by this. If you look at JD in the dugout, the guy has ZERO emotion. I remember seeing him last year in Durham, NC against NC State. He was interacting with one or two of the nut huggers that travel with the team. He talked like he had half his mouth closed. This guy has zero emotion. To be honest, I don't think he wanted the job to begin with. He is still upset he got passed over by the tomato sauce heir. JD isn't going to go out and recruit hard. He was pushed into the spot by certain alumni and a guy who wears mascara on and off TV.

I needed to edit and add to this. The problem with UM Athletics is that they will take money from anyone. Hemorrhoideguez cheated. He used Steroids. You can't give me one teammate that said anything good about him. Universally disliked. Yet, UM takes money from him and puts his name on the stadium. Just like Nevin Shapiro. The troll taking money from him at the bowling alley. You couldn't look at that guy and know he was off?

I am hoping that Cristobal changes the trajectory of the football team. I really am. But to many people just want to say they have "Influence" and not have the best interest of the athletic department in hand.

Last edited:
I haven't been following for a week or do. Is there a legit shot rafe and herick return?
Honestly I think they fall into a category where it could be an option….but are they part of the purge? Or on the flip side if they go high enough do they risk any regression. Rafe prob falls here. I think Herick has the best stuff on the team so if he went high it wouldn’t shock me.

I think being LHP and the fact that Rafe has some funk and Herick has legit stuff and is just a few tweaks from potentially being big time my guess is both are gone. We could really use one unless we have 3 big time portal arms still in the mix.

But to many people just want to say they have "Influence" and not have the best interest of the athletic department in hand.
The athletic program is and has been a disaster for decades now because of your point above. Mom and pop shop run by incompetent individuals. It’s needed a cleansing top to bottom for a long time. Unfortunately that likely will never happen

Advertisement
Honestly I think they fall into a category where it could be an option….but are they part of the purge? Or on the flip side if they go high enough do they risk any regression. Rafe prob falls here. I think Herick has the best stuff on the team so if he went high it wouldn’t shock me.

I think being LHP and the fact that Rafe has some funk and Herick has legit stuff and is just a few tweaks from potentially being big time my guess is both are gone. We could really use one unless we have 3 big time portal arms still in the mix.
We need one of these guys to stay for another year. Just not sure they will get the coaching here to improve from last years performance?
Right now it's very scary to name our potential four starters going into the fall.

We need one of these guys to stay for another year. Just not sure they will get the coaching here to improve from last years performance?
Right now it's very scary to name our potential four starters going into the fall.
Unfortunately, I don't see pitchers in the portal who want to be developed coming here. Go get coached by Weiner (Texas), Brown (Vandy), Anderson (TN) and the like. And if you are an established arm you want a shot at Omaha which we don't offer either under the current staff.

Teams will see what happened with Alejandro Rosario and take the same approach when observing Rafe and Herick and they'll both go in the 5-7th round and pitch better than they ever did here.

Not a single reason in the world those 2 guys shouldn't have been sub 4.00 ERA guys here with any semblance of development. Both guys have better stuff than the game 1 and game 3 starter for Tennessee in the CWS (Stamos and Sechrist). Stamos wasn't even worth a **** at Cal but learned how to pitch at Tennessee and was an effective starter in the SEC with very mediocre stuff.

JD knows it too. Commented on Herick saying his stuff plays up and expects him drafted high-ish. Mega mystery how they botched that one.. a guy with a 12.2 K/9 and .263 BAA having a 6+ ERA is insane.

Advertisement
you don’t often win playing to many freshman…and even the majority of top freshman struggle. Even Cuvet had a rough patch. Catching is typically a coach on the field so you like may maturity. But unless we have something in the portal cooking I’d jump in here quick. Big kid, very good athlete for his size and you can move him around a bit.

you don’t often win playing to many freshman…and even the majority of top freshman struggle. Even Cuvet had a rough patch. Catching is typically a coach on the field so you like may maturity. But unless we have something in the portal cooking I’d jump in here quick. Big kid, very good athlete for his size and you can move him around a bit.

Jump on multiple catchers at this point.
Over pay, do whatever it takes.

And I thought this year's pitching was bad...JD could potentially have a very short HC tenure here if he doesn't figure things out next season

Teams will see what happened with Alejandro Rosario and take the same approach when observing Rafe and Herick and they'll both go in the 5-7th round and pitch better than they ever did here.

Not a single reason in the world those 2 guys shouldn't have been sub 4.00 ERA guys here with any semblance of development. Both guys have better stuff than the game 1 and game 3 starter for Tennessee in the CWS (Stamos and Sechrist). Stamos wasn't even worth a **** at Cal but learned how to pitch at Tennessee and was an effective starter in the SEC with very mediocre stuff.

JD knows it too. Commented on Herick saying his stuff plays up and expects him drafted high-ish. Mega mystery how they botched that one.. a guy with a 12.2 K/9 and .263 BAA having a 6+ ERA is insane.
I keep telling people to come to the Ron F board when Rafe gets nabbed a lot earlier than a lot of you all think. To many of you have way to much to learn about projection and ceilings. That’s the last thing I’ll say till draft day. I actually won’t even say anything draft day. I’ll just come here and laugh! Everyone entitled to opinions. Enjoy the draft y’all!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back