2025 Roster Discussion

Advertisement
Can we get this guy as our HC for 2026 (JD gets 2025)?? Miami native....I would assume he will have multiple offers soon but maybe he wants to come home:

Can we get this guy as our HC for 2026 (JD gets 2025)?? Miami native....I would assume he will have multiple offers soon but maybe he wants to come home:

I have my short list and yes he is on it.
Oregon State HC as well...

Jeff Weiner’s son. Longtime Miami criminal defense attorney.

Advertisement

I was going to make a Max Weiner joke, but then decided against it...

Advertisement
I like Mitch Canham but I don’t know if he’s the best option. I mean he’s about 832.6 times better than JD but I’d like to see us make another run at Pollard (maybe his interview skills are better now). I still think Deggs’ style of play would be a match made in heaven at Miami (maybe weird culture shock though).

And their baseball and travel budget just got slashed. Competition in the MWC is nothing like the Pac-12. At least inquire to see his interest.
Wasn’t their football coach also an alum who led them to a rose bowl?? He left to Michigan state too because of the conference realignment

Wasn’t their football coach also an alum who led them to a rose bowl?? He left to Michigan state too because of the conference realignment
Yes, he was. Sad state of affairs for both Washington State and Oregon State.
My brother lives in Oregon and is friendly with some Beaver alum. They are still in shock at their football schedule this fall and state of the athletic program.

Advertisement
Yes, he was. Sad state of affairs for both Washington State and Oregon State.
My brother lives in Oregon and is friendly with some Beaver alum. They are still in shock at their football schedule this fall and state of the athletic program.
That really has to suck. Probably why many are a little distrusting of our position in the realignment musical chairs...

Not gonna deny that I got a little frustrated tonight watching Florida go add a conference Pitcher of Year in the portal and we are adding reliever projections.

If Miami wants to be serious, they need to roll out some cash and go sign a couple of freaking proven stud starters who were Pitchers of Year in lower conferences.

It’s time to show me this work in the portal is fruitful with some proven guys to compete for Friday/Saturday. Hope is no longer an acceptable strategy.

You “hope” Hugus can be good. You “hope” Nick Robert can be a starter. You “hope” Brian Walter can transition to starter.

That’s not good enough. Wake Forest, Florida, LSU, Tennessee etc. are out there getting legit dudes. It’s time Miami does as well.

Advertisement
Not gonna deny that I got a little frustrated tonight watching Florida go add a conference Pitcher of Year in the portal and we are adding reliever projections.

If Miami wants to be serious, they need to roll out some cash and go sign a couple of freaking proven stud starters who were Pitchers of Year in lower conferences.

It’s time to show me this work in the portal is fruitful with some proven guys to compete for Friday/Saturday. Hope is no longer an acceptable strategy.

You “hope” Hugus can be good. You “hope” Nick Robert can be a starter. You “hope” Brian Walter can transition to starter.

That’s not good enough. Wake Forest, Florida, LSU, Tennessee etc. are out there getting legit dudes. It’s time Miami does as well.
It turns out legit starting pitchers don’t want to come play for a bad pitching coach turned manager. They want to pitch at elite pitching schools in Wake and LSU.

At this point we are no better. Even if Rafe and Herick were to come back like Lance is saying it’s all Hope and what ifs.

There is still a lot of work to be done. Esp now all the Tobacco Road schools are all in on baseball and even BC is quietly putting some pieces in place. Pitt ans ND are the only two schools that haven’t really made any splashes.

Nothing about this transfer season shows we’re going to be good next year. We aren’t serious about baseball. We will be looking for a new coach in 11 months. If not the program is dead.

At this point we are no better. Even if Rafe and Herick were to come back like Lance is saying it’s all Hope and what ifs.

There is still a lot of work to be done. Esp now all the Tobacco Road schools are all in on baseball and even BC is quietly putting some pieces in place. Pitt ans ND are the only two schools that haven’t really made any splashes.
I haven't been following for a week or do. Is there a legit shot rafe and herick return?

Advertisement
Back