2024 OL Isendre “Papa” Ahfua

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m also not even going to blame Mario since this is pretty much out of his control. Did he f^ck up last year? Yeah, yeah he did.

But he got f^cked worse being promised financial commitment for his tenure here and these cheap twats backed off after a year.

This relationship won’t work if he doesn’t get proper financial backing to play the game with everyone else. And that’s a scary, scary thought.

Advertisement
If you aren’t willing to over pay for top guys you‘ll be sitting at number 18 in August with your board thinning like Lebrons hairline.
IMG_7270.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m also not even going to blame Mario since this is pretty much out of his control. Did he f^ck up last year? Yeah, yeah he did.

But he got f^cked worse being promised financial commitment for his tenure here and these cheap twats backed off after a year.

This relationship won’t work if he doesn’t get proper financial backing to play the game with everyone else. And that’s a scary, scary thought.
They can choose to overpay now or significantly overpay in a few years if this spirals out of control

Agreed. Mario is strangely a victim in this circumstance. A victim with an $80M contract, but still... lied to like the rest of us.

Advertisement
I said it before, and Cribby just insinuated it. If we're recruiting the top of the top-level players and paying what UGA or Ohio State are paying, then we are ****ed. We can't sell what they are selling because we need the hardware and/or the NFL Draft results like those schools do.

If you're choosing between two jobs and the salary is the same, the vast majority will go for the more prominent name, which usually comes with better benefits. As a startup, you need a higher base salary than the big-name brands to attract top talent...

Agreed. Mario is strangely a victim in this circumstance. A victim with an $80M contract, but still... lied to like the rest of us.
It’s just dysfunctional.

Let’s call Miami’s willingness to not overpay the “suck tax” for the sake of this equation.

Miami boosters didn’t have to pay the suck tax last year. Because of our performance on the field, now we have to pay it like UF, Auburn, A&M, OU, etc.

Technically it’s Mario’s fault we have this tax. BUT, it was also understood when he took this job that there was going to be some major overhauls and the potential for a tear-down and build from the ground up situation.

This program is too busy battling itself instead of focusing on the task at hand, which is to bring this program back to relevance as quickly as possible.

That involves spending a little bit of extra money.

We didn’t over pay last year. I posted that with Rashada , CM and others.
I just think “overpaying” is a relative term. The rashada thing with the 13M number is ridiculous. But some of these other scenarios when we are coming up short to other big NIL schools, overpaying for us is not overpaying in general. A number that is overpaying for us due to our budget might not be overpaying to a TAMU or Auburn if they’re have a larger budget.

Advertisement

This might be an unpopular take, but I disagree slightly. The University stepped up big time. There are many examples…his salary…the coaching staff budget….additional staff members (Highsmith, analysts, quality control, recruiting department, etc.)…increased University budgets….private jets transporting coaches instead of flying commercial…etc. There are many examples of the University’s renewed commitment.

Mario then delivered probably the worst season I have ever seen and that includes Lou Saban and Coker teams. The reason we are being forced to overpay is to compensate for last season. That’s on Mario, not the administration. Yet, some of us want the money brokers to fix things by throwing more cash at the problem. That is the fiscally irresponsible thing to do. Throw good money after a bad product?

Mario needs to fix the product before being rewarded with more money. I can understand why some boosters will say…”nah…I’m going to pay market rate, not overpay.” That’s better than not contributing any money at all. Fixing the product means winning 8 games and not having a losing record. Last year’s performance would give an investor pause before investing again, let alone increasing their contribution.

I like Mario. I want him to succeed. In a world with no limitations and no consequences, we would throw obscene amounts of money at players. But that isn’t reality and Mario made this bed. The onus is on him to dig us out of this mess. He needs to show the fans, boosters, administration and the college football world that his program is on the rise and not fledgling. You do that by winning football games. You win football games and the money will start flowing, again.

U have to be willing to over pay acouple guys each cycle. With all the positive news about the oline lately, I'd prob use that money on DT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back