Official 2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

Day off tomorrow though so would imagine Pence can come back Sunday. Poston is max effort on every pitch so not sure on him.
They’ll be fine with Sprague Matthijs, Piston and Pence Sunday. But they have to be 2-0 to have a shot. There is a massive drop off after those 5 guys. Their #3 is average and the rest of the pen is below average. They’ll be all in Sunday. If they burn those guys like today and lose, it’s a massive ask for everybody else to pick them up.

But my main point was it’s always beneficial to the other 2 teams when the best pitching staff from the other game, starts in the losers bracket. If Carolina lost today they’d be done. Same way that if they lose Sunday they’re basically done barring Sprague throwing and having a big deficit and a nobody pitches when he’s done.

UVA has a better chance bc they have a much better staff from top to bottom, but they’ll now have to burn through guys.

This isn’t a weekend series. Nobody in todays age is getting through 8 games in 11ish days with 2 reliable starters and 3 bullpen guys, 2 who have already gone multiple high leverage innings on day 1.

Massive advantage to FSU & Tennessee.

Advertisement
Why is Vitello taking the kid out after 8 pitches. Over coaching to the max Now his bullpen being taxed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
FSU baseball is very similar to football in the sense that one year they were horrible but had a few pieces, went out and added some things and the key pieces got even better. But I believe much like the football team they lose a ton. So if they don’t win this year I’d expect them to come back to the pack next year. But Link is good so they will should be a threat yearly.

They put the ball in play, which is more than our lineup typically does.

Considering how much UNC/UVA struggled with runners on today as well.
I mean these two are really good and much better than UVA/UNC. So I’m not saying they aren’t good teams. But to say they look good tonight, isn’t true.

Advertisement
Advertisement
FSU baseball is very similar to football in the sense that one year they were horrible but had a few pieces, went out and added some things and the key pieces got even better. But I believe much like the football team they lose a ton. So if they don’t win this year I’d expect them to come back to the pack next year. But Link is good so they will should be a threat yearly.
Their fans feel they will be even better next year with Link.

Advertisement
Back