Official 2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

Kentucky wins on a walk-off solo HR. Wow.

3/4 of the ACC in the losers bracket. (1 was obviously guaranteed)

Advertisement
Florida lost 3-2.
I tried to stay up. Couldn’t do it.

Thought TAM had interesting strategy of pulling starter early to use him later in week. With as important as game one is, you rarely see that strategy.

I think TAM has one of the best coaches in college baseball the way he uses data and understands what wins. He wanted Cortes in those middle innings.

Florida shows how important those bridge relievers are. You simply don’t score on their bullpen arms and that’s backwards of what most college teams are. It seems to me Miami is trying to emulate that style this offseason and let freshmen find their role as the season goes along.

Advertisement
Good observations.
He is a fantastic coach, especially with what he does with the pitchers.
Sully also does a good job of establishing long relief roles.
I see a role like that for Herick next season. On Friday night, bring him in the 6th and have him finish the game.

I tried to stay up. Couldn’t do it.

Thought TAM had interesting strategy of pulling starter early to use him later in week. With as important as game one is, you rarely see that strategy.

I think TAM has one of the best coaches in college baseball the way he uses data and understands what wins. He wanted Cortes in those middle innings.

Florida shows how important those bridge relievers are. You simply don’t score on their bullpen arms and that’s backwards of what most college teams are. It seems to me Miami is trying to emulate that style this offseason and let freshmen find their role as the season goes along.
Well it's about time we start emulating Florida, they've had our number for 15 years.

Advertisement
I soooooo want to use this today...

1718554504914.png

Hate to say it, but feels like FSU is only team on that side of the bracket that has an offense to keep up with Tennessee.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hate to say it, but feels like FSU is only team on that side of the bracket that has an offense to keep up with Tennessee.
Not sure about their pitching after their two starters.
North Carolina is a solid squad. UNC and FSU never faced each other during the regular season.

Ya, they're a bad checked swing call away from being 2 - 0.
The check was a 50/50 call in college. If you watch enough college you know they rarely call the check a swing, much less so than pro.

But after that, Florida State gave up four consecutive hits (including to the guy who checked).

It’s typical FSU whining, when the problem was self-induced. Just stop them from scoring four runs to beat you. That’s why they lost.

I’m willing to put up a lot of money that both fsu and Uf win a title before miami makes it Omaha again. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

We’re over here trying to pump up a Wichita state player with a massive K rate while fsu is winning games in Omaha after flipping an entire roster…. Uf had a horrible year for their standards and are still playing at Charles Schwab field this weekend.

When you take a step back and look at it all it’s hard to comprehend where we are as a program right now.

Can’t wait for the next Georgia state midweek dude to commit!

The check was a 50/50 call in college. If you watch enough college you know they rarely call the check a swing, much less so than pro.

But after that, Florida State gave up four consecutive hits (including to the guy who checked).

It’s typical FSU whining, when the problem was self-induced. Just stop them from scoring four runs to beat you. That’s why they lost.
Oh, I know. Sort of like Cubs fans blaming Steve Bartman in their '03 WS loss to the Marlins. And I was elated.

That said, it was clearly a swing. Watch it in slow motion to see how far the bat went thru the zone.

Advertisement
Back