2024 MLB Draft

Advertisement
Well…let’s hope the football season plays out the way we all hope and Coach L gets us back to the sweet 16 or better.

Because unless we pull off 2-3 miracles arm wise we are likely going to be worse next year. Collera has a chance to be very good. I expect him to really struggle next year based on what he can/can’t do and based off how we develop arms. But I’d just get him and Robert in there to take their lumps and hope they figure some things out on their own.

As I said before I’m just going to hope we have a bunch of scrappy hard nosed kids who come from well coached programs that play d, run the bases like animals, timely hitting. Then just piece games together with the staff. Like JayCane said similar to UT. Problem is we don’t have arms remotely close to theirs.

Advertisement
Well…let’s hope the football season plays out the way we all hope and Coach L gets us back to the sweet 16 or better.

Because unless we pull off 2-3 miracles arm wise we are likely going to be worse next year. Collera has a chance to be very good. I expect him to really struggle next year based on what he can/can’t do and based off how we develop arms. But I’d just get him and Robert in there to take their lumps and hope they figure some things out on their own.

As I said before I’m just going to hope we have a bunch of scrappy hard nosed kids who come from well coached programs that play d, run the bases like animals, timely hitting. Then just piece games together with the staff. Like JayCane said similar to UT. Problem is we don’t have arms remotely close to theirs.
I think the hitting will be okay, especially if they can get some protection around Cuvet.
Is there a SS out there we had stashed as a Plan in case Diaz didn't come?
Starting pitching is another story. Yes, they need Collera on campus. Robert has potential to be a starter.
We need to be aggressive the next week in finding two starters. A lot of these good teams have over signed and guys will be looking for opportunities to pitch and we have starter spots available.
I have to believe that of the four guys drafted today, we had big NIL $$ allocated for them. Especially the two high school players.

How’s it going?
Today happened as we all thought. Shields and King were never coming here. Cruz was a surprise but most reports have him moving off short and playing third. We still have Adrian Areizaga and he profiles more of a shortstop than Cruz but will move to third eventually as he fills out but he will mostly likely play short while in college.

Advertisement
Jimenez pulling the portal transfer trigger early may end up being a lose-lose for both parties.
Jimenez seems to have done fairly well for himself landing at a P3 school. Hopefully, we had some other shortstop irons in the fire beyond Diaz.

You think Torres will be a 2 way player if pitching transfer prospects don't improve?
I'd be surprised. If you take JD at his word that he may be our starting CF, that's a position that's important enough not to mess around with.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Another surprise. Edgar Colon - Cincinnati - Round 11 - Pick 329

This point in the draft doesn't mean gone, but certainly a situation to watch.

Advertisement
Back