2024 MLB Draft

Report out of Puerto Rico that Areizaga won't sign

SS is one of those positions that not matter how good a kid is coming out of HS he is likely going to struggle. Usually its with the glove. Although with turf fields now that has made life a bit easier.

I hope this is the reverse. If he can just hit mid 200's and at least have a team aware of what he is capable of but play a high level SS and use his athleticism when he does get on base it would be huge.

Advertisement
SS is one of those positions that not matter how good a kid is coming out of HS he is likely going to struggle. Usually its with the glove. Although with turf fields now that has made life a bit easier.

I hope this is the reverse. If he can just hit mid 200's and at least have a team aware of what he is capable of but play a high level SS and use his athleticism when he does get on base it would be huge.
Do we see any enrollment issues coming from PR?

Miami and Florida State are the two biggest losers from the draft. Wake Forest up there as well.

SEC on another planet at the moment.
Wake maybe not as bad - 2nd rounder, Levonas, P from NJ headed there vs signing w Brewers per MLB.com.

Also listed Areizaga as one of several Top 250 prospects who have not signed as of this morning.

Wake maybe not as bad - 2nd rounder, Levonas, P from NJ headed there vs signing w Brewers per MLB.com.

Also listed Areizaga as one of several Top 250 prospects who have not signed as of this morning.
Levonas is a big time land...has touched 100. Curveball has elite spin. I know he gets compared to Petty from a few years ago....He will push for the Friday roll even at Wake.

Advertisement
Whats the pitching looking like for this year compared to last?
Ask that question after fall ball. Some good young talent coming in, lots of mature arms from the portal.
Walters coming back...it should be an interesting Fall season.
I think that we should play two exhibition games this fall to see some of our pitchers in a real game action.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back