2024 MLB Draft

Got to be tough for these recruits to turn down MLB opportunity when knowing they won’t get better coming to campus, sad but true
Despite our frustration w JD and last season, the Round 4 results this year, Gage's comments weeks ago, Walter's draft round last year, Palm's transition from reliever to starter, etc. are the glass half full argument (at least with respect to pitchers).

I'm pulling for the staff to get a few of these late round picks to campus, and start the turnaround.

Advertisement
Despite our frustration w JD and last season, the Round 4 results this year, Gage's comments weeks ago, Walter's draft round last year, Palm's transition from reliever to starter, etc. are the glass half full argument (at least with respect to pitchers).

I'm pulling for the staff to get a few of these late round picks to campus, and start the turnaround.
What were Gage's comments a few weeks ago? I missed it

What were Gage's comments a few weeks ago? I missed it
“You take a chance and bet on yourself to go to college and develop,” Ziehl said. “I think I’ve done that. I can’t thank the coaches and the resources I’ve had here at Miami. I’ve had an unbelievable experience at Miami, and I wouldn’t change it for anything.”

Some guys are just destined to be big leaguers regardless where they go to school, Yohandy being a good example. Developing guys with little to no draft stock into elite caliber players is what separates the top tier schools

We don’t really have another choice. Root for the team and sit back and realize we’re a little league baseball program where you hope to win but just enjoy the sport and the milkshake…

Until proven otherwise by the administration.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Only fear with Walters is the TJ history.

But def could come back and move way up because he has legit stuff. But another one…if he doesn’t come back it’s not a ringing endorsement. So fingers crossed
There was the rumor regarding feelings on this staff as well, true or not I do not know…

Advertisement
If you aren't happy move on, don't ***** and moan about it. You could have jumped in the portal, or now you can sign.
Yup, not arguing that, just agree with Philly’s assessment that there’s meat left on the bone to parlay into more draft dollars but if he did feel that way it’s tough to believe he wouldn’t sign.

Could have all been overblown too, I only ever heard about it here.

Myles caba

Attachments

• IMG_0235.webp
    IMG_0235.webp
    235.5 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Myles caba
I was speaking about this earlier. You aren't safe just because your guys get through the draft. You can still sign players for the same $150K or even more if you have the overage left to take from your pool + 5%.

Same thing happened to us last year when our reliever we expected back signed UDFA.

Advertisement
Back