2024 MLB Draft

Advertisement
If somehow shields and collera are convinced not to take top 3 round money then our pitching situation is a complete 180.
Promise Shields he can be a 2 way player, convince him to come here and get NIL in the meantime, and then he may well get 1st round money in 3 years.

Promise Shields he can be a 2 way player, convince him to come here and get NIL in the meantime, and then he may well get 1st round money in 3 years.
What other high school players do we have that might get drafted in Rounds 1-10? Anything after that we should be able to match in NIL $.
Does anyone have a list of JC players coming in the fall? The athletic two-way player from north Florida signed in May.

Advertisement
Yearly reminder that if a player goes top-10 rounds, they are signing. To draft a guy top-10 rounds and put bonus pool money at stake, they’ve agreed to a number, or ant least have the framework of cost, almost every time.

Yearly reminder that if a player goes top-10 rounds, they are signing. To draft a guy top-10 rounds and put bonus pool money at stake, they’ve agreed to a number, or ant least have the framework of cost, almost every time.
So, what we look for is a player's projection dropping significantly, right, i.e. implying he wants more than teams will be willing to offer?

What other high school players do we have that might get drafted in Rounds 1-10? Anything after that we should be able to match in NIL $.
Does anyone have a list of JC players coming in the fall? The athletic two-way player from north Florida signed in May.

Say this a bit louder for the folks in the back. Yes, you do remind them every year.

Advertisement
Here are this year's slot values and bonus pools. If JD is right, Rafe and Gage are looking at between 400K and 1 million while Herick is looking at between 200K and 500K.

Here are this year's slot values and bonus pools. If JD is right, Rafe and Gage are looking at between 400K and 1 million while Herick is looking at between 200K and 500K.

Nothing inside here but I think I think all three are drafted and gone. I think we could keep Collera.

Someone will convince King to go, **** I’d convince him to go.

Shields is already making the pre-draft course attendance work for him; I think they (MLB) reworked pre-draft/post-draft signing benefits in the last CBA but I don’t know that tuition was changed under that.

Final MLB Pipeline Rankings
41. David Shields
89. Gage Ziehl
123. Lazaro Collera
124. Johnny King
147. Rafe Schlesinger
162. Michael Torres
215. Adrian Areizaga

Final MLB Pipeline Rankings
41. David Shields
89. Gage Ziehl
123. Lazaro Collera
124. Johnny King
147. Rafe Schlesinger
162. Michael Torres
215. Adrian Areizaga
With the first two guys expected to be gone...how do the freshmen help us next season?
King would be a gift if he came to school. Starting opportunity?
Is Torres a legit CF?
Collera a Sunday, mid-week starter?
Where does Areizaga fit in?

Advertisement
BA Updated their rankings today
60. David Shields
109. Gage Ziehl
119. Johnny King
147. Rafe Schlesinger
164. Lazaro Collera
191. Michael Torres
223. Ethan Puig
271. Fabio Peralta
320. James Kleiven
386. Ronny Cruz

BA Updated their rankings today
60. David Shields
109. Gage Ziehl
119. Johnny King
147. Rafe Schlesinger
164. Lazaro Collera
191. Michael Torres
223. Ethan Puig
271. Fabio Peralta
320. James Kleiven
386. Ronny Cruz
C Evan Tavares is also on there at 317. Talented class.

Herick is 419 and Walters is 480.

Keith Law Top 100 (The Athletic)
43 David Shields

ESPN Top 250
55 Johnny King
70 Gage Ziehl
75 David Shields
185 Rafe Schlesinger
239 Michael Torres

Advertisement
MLB.com has Shields going 39th to the Royals in their mock draft.

Shields is also their 6th best high school pitcher in the draft.

I’m hearing more and more the is going to be a college heavy draft early on. Might play in our favor.

I’m hearing more and more the is going to be a college heavy draft early on. Might play in our favor.
It'll be big-time college until the 20's, then you'll see high school pitchers go like crazy through the top-100 picks.

Teams will go safer early, then spend on the risky high school pitching demographic, which is extremely deep this year. That's the strength of the draft and teams will lean into it.

HS pitching in the last 5-10 years has always been light in the first round usually 1-3 taken but the supplemental rounds and 2nd round are when they go.

As much as their has been hope that Shields stays, I'd be shocked if he doesn't get drafted there and get 2-3 million. I also think King is gone too. I'm holding out hope for Collera, Kleiven, etc to enroll.

Advertisement
Back