2024 MLB Draft

So its looking like only shields and collero wont make it to campus?? Does anyone know if we have a healthy nil for baseball to attract the other kids that get drafted late??
Shields is on campus already taking classes. I say it's 70/30 he leaves

Advertisement
Most recent BA rankings as-of May 31st
59. David Shields
138. Lazaro Collera
139. Johnny King
187. Michael Torres
223. Ethan Puig
270. Fabio Peralta
316. James Kleiven
378. Ronny Cruz
497. Adrian Areizaga

I’m assuming there will be an updated ranking after this mlb draft combine right?

Advertisement
I would be shocked if Shields is here in the fall. Pleasantly shocked, but shocked. Hoping King, who I heard is 50/50
I’m saw an interview with him 2-3 weeks ago and short of saying he’s def signing it was very “im excited to Play pro ball but it good to know Miami is still an option.”

I’m saw an interview with him 2-3 weeks ago and short of saying he’s def signing it was very “im excited to Play pro ball but it good to know Miami is still an option.”
It might have been the same interview I watched, and he also said he wanted to play every day (implying, to me, he'd go to college if MLB wasn't interested in a 2 way player). I thought MLB had given up on that unless you're an Ohtani freak athlete.

I guess we'll find out in 3 weeks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
What's the greater chance to go pro list at?
1.King
2.Shields
3.Gage
Other than Gage, we should be able to match any player on the rosters MLB offer with NIL $.
Highest picks or higher chance of them signing?

I'd put Gage 1. Nothing left to prove and nothing left to gain. He could slip to the 5th and he'd still sign. Anything can happen with HS kids in the new shortened draft.

Highest picks or higher chance of them signing?

I'd put Gage 1. Nothing left to prove and nothing left to gain. He could slip to the 5th and he'd still sign. Anything can happen with HS kids in the new shortened draft.
Highest chance of signing...

Advertisement
Back