2020-21 season has begun

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wong was at his best when Lykes and McGusty were either hurt or both were not on the court.
There are more shots for Wong if he comes off the bench and replaces Lykes in the lineup.
Wong struggled in the ACC tournament game playing with Lykes and McGusty.
The way you frame your comments sound solid, except for one thing. Wong is one of the two or three best players on the team. You don't sit this type player to come in off the bench.

Advertisement
The way you frame your comments sound solid, except for one thing. Wong is one of the two or three best players on the team. You don't sit this type player to come in off the bench.
I believe if larranaga goes with his usual seniority starting 5, our second unit would beat our first in a live game with acc officiating.

He is only effective with the ball in his hands. With Lykes and McGusty on the court with him, he does not get a chance to be effective.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Let’s start in the ACC. The Atlantic Coast Conference, better known as the ACC, is one of the toughest and most talented division one conferences ever. This year they will have an abundance of new players entering their freshman seasons. Jim Larranaga has familiarity with guards from the DMV as he’s been coaching the always entertaining Chris Lykes.

Next up for the Canes? Earl Timberlake. Let me start off by saying that he could be one of the most under-appreciated guards I covered in high school. I was very surprised to see him left off some of the major events last year up until he received a well-deserved invite to the Iverson Classic. Entering his freshman year, the former DeMatha Catholic guard is standing at 6-foot-6 and weighs in at over 210-pounds.

Already has excellent size to compete at the college level, Timberlake is one of the more college-ready prospects to come out of the 2020 class. In an era where the game is focused on scoring and flashy offensive play, Timberlake enjoys dominating the game on the defensive end and I believe that Miami is lucky in the sense that they will have one of the nation’s top-defenders before he even played in a game yet.

Timberlake is not only a 16 point per game scorer, he’s also a guy who’s hard-nosed and will give a tireless effort on the defensive end. He also grabs 10 rebounds per game and doesn’t shy away from involving teammates as he dishes out a handful of assists per game. Timberlake enters college with a chip on his shoulder as a fringe five-star prospect and I believe he won’t be in Coral Gables long.

Advertisement
Back