2/27 @ UNC (ESPN)

Reading this thread today is hilarious. Good to see many eating crow. I guess Austin666 is gone until we lose again, I hate coach L got in on skull ******* his lady.

My question is, UNC was unconscious from three, why did we not foul and send them to the line before Berry hit that shot?

Advertisement
Newton was ice on those last 4 FTs. Thought that Berry shot was a killer -- touched nothing but net.

Gotta think this big win (and the manner we got it) can't help but raise our profile in recruiting -- whether that's grad xsfers, JuCos, or whomever! Getting huge play on SportsCenter.

We're playing for seeding now gents. **** Roy Williams' punchable face. Hopefully that's the Newton, 4-4 from the FT line at the end, the shot to beat the shot clock, that we get the rest of the way. Don't even get me started on the game winner. No lie, I had a feeling it was going in when it left his hands. Also, I hopefully Izundu and Huell gave us a glimpse of next year. Huell had 14 and 8. Buka had 12 and 5.

ps

Newton has 5 TOs in the last 5 games, and none in the last 3.

Advertisement
Izundu was money in the first half. So why did he barely play in the 2nd half? I know Huell was playing well. But izundu was single handedly keeping us in the lead in the first half...

Now that my high is gone, I do have a minor gripe that I feel almost cost us. When unc rolled the ball in on their last shot, Newton let the ball go a quarter of the court before he forced Berry to pick it up, then didn’t pressure him until he came past the half court line. Me and my cousin already knew what time it was with Berry as soon as we saw that.

My question is why not pressure the ball full court in that situation? I know that sneaky pick while the ball hander is coming down court is a threat but I would rather see that then to let them roll the ball up court....

Don't care, we won.

Advertisement
Re-watching the game. Whatever Izundu was on for that first half, we need to find that **** again. What a difference it makes to have a legit inside scoring threat in these games. Hopefully he can keep that up vs VT and into the tournament

Bro I've never heard so many whistles blow on such a clear cut buzzer beater
I'm just surprised they didn't review it and try to call an illegal block in the back on the return. **** ACC officials.

But seriously, it wasn't even close. Time expired as it went in, not as it left his hands.

It has been obvious to many here that 15 should be getting the bulk of the minutes. He has improved steadily this season to the point where IMO he deserves those minutes. Coach had some very strange lineups in there last night if it was me there would have always been 2 of 15,20 and 21 on the floor against the small NC

It has been obvious to many here that 15 should be getting the bulk of the minutes. He has improved steadily this season to the point where IMO he deserves those minutes. Coach had some very strange lineups in there last night if it was me there would have always been 2 of 15,20 and 21 on the floor against the small NC
Izundu had a great 1st half, didnt do much in the 2nd half. Huell played well in the 2nd half. Coach L knows what he is doing.

Advertisement
Now that my high is gone, I do have a minor gripe that I feel almost cost us. When unc rolled the ball in on their last shot, Newton let the ball go a quarter of the court before he forced Berry to pick it up, then didn’t pressure him until he came past the half court line. Me and my cousin already knew what time it was with Berry as soon as we saw that.

My question is why not pressure the ball full court in that situation? I know that sneaky pick while the ball hander is coming down court is a threat but I would rather see that then to let them roll the ball up court....
I have always been of the belief that a team ahead by 3 in the last stages of the game, like UM was last night, needs to put on full court pressure and then FOUL before the other team gets a chance to take a 3 and possibly tie the game. They cannot let the other team take a 3 that would tie the game. They were in the same situation against UVA a few years back, didn't foul, the game went to OT, and they lost. Is there anyone on here that doubts what the final outcome would've been if if the game went to OT last night?

I know...I know... Just pointing that out. That was one of the greatest wins in 30 plus years of watching this program.

Advertisement
I have always been of the belief that a team ahead by 3 in the last stages of the game, like UM was last night, needs to put on full court pressure and then FOUL before the other team gets a chance to take a 3 and possibly tie the game. They cannot let the other team take a 3 that would tie the game. They were in the same situation against UVA a few years back, didn't foul, the game went to OT, and they lost. Is there anyone on here that doubts what the final outcome would've been if if the game went to OT last night?

I know...I know... Just pointing that out. That was one of the greatest wins in 30 plus years of watching this program.
I feel you. I’m not dwelling on it at all because it was an awesome win but I was definitely cursing out the tv after that sequence. Although my anger didn’t last long lol...

I feel you. I’m not dwelling on it at all because it was an awesome win but I was definitely cursing out the tv after that sequence. Although my anger didn’t last long lol...
Same thing for me... About five different shifts of emotions in 3 seconds. All I kept thinking was the UVa game from 3 years ago, I believe. Parentes had the ball down by 3 points with 10 seconds left...and they let him take the shot. I think that was the team that was snubbed from the Tourney that year too.

On the other side of that, Coach L has fouled in that situation a few times since then.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back