2/27 @ UNC (ESPN)

Advertisement
Yea everyone on Twitter and Instagram saying Newton traveled. He took 3 or 4 steps before he shot. I didn't even pay attention.. I just saw him shoot the ball and was like here comes OT and then boom. It goes in! But even if he traveled... Who cares? The way the refs were calling everything in favor of UNC down the stretch... ***K them.

Advertisement
We have some pretty **** good wins this year, beating #12 Minnesota earlier in the year, plus beating FSU, ND, LVille, NC St, Va Tech & getting UNC on the road is very solid resume for a good seeding in the tourney.

Yep, that Minnesota team we played was **** good. Right after that game they lost their two best players (injury and kicked off the team) and have had a few other guys get hurt.

Sucks for us, because that was a quality win that doesn't look like much now

Advertisement
Jim Larrañaga career options:

a) cynical detective 1 week from retirement suddenly paired with young go-getter on the case of his life

b) inner-city math teacher who gave up on his students years ago and who tells new, moderately attractive English teacher she’ll “never get these kids to read poetry”

c) P5 basketball coach

Advertisement
Question to ponder: Who really thinks we win against UNC if we had lost to BC three days ago? Two big heroes in my mind, Lonnie and Ja'Quan!!

Question to ponder: Who really thinks we win against UNC if we had lost to BC three days ago? Two big heroes in my mind, Lonnie and Ja'Quan!!

Confidence and winning are contagious. I'd love to see a strong performance against VPI on Saturday and roll into post-season sky high.

Advertisement
Now that my high is gone, I do have a minor gripe that I feel almost cost us. When unc rolled the ball in on their last shot, Newton let the ball go a quarter of the court before he forced Berry to pick it up, then didn’t pressure him until he came past the half court line. Me and my cousin already knew what time it was with Berry as soon as we saw that.

My question is why not pressure the ball full court in that situation? I know that sneaky pick while the ball hander is coming down court is a threat but I would rather see that then to let them roll the ball up court....

Advertisement
Back