2/17 VT @ 9pm

It's really funny that some of y'all haven't realized that basketball is a 40 minute game

It is amazing how all of a sudden this season I tend to agree with all of NS1985's posts. Some of the posters like JZCane and Nikster are a joke. You read them you would think Miami was 8-17 not the 21-4. Jekiri sucks, Newton Sucks, Murphy is trash, Reed Sucks. Yada Yada.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's really funny that some of y'all haven't realized that basketball is a 40 minute game

It is amazing how all of a sudden this season I tend to agree with all of NS1985's posts. Some of the posters like JZCane and Nikster are a joke. You read them you would think Miami was 8-17 not the 21-4. Jekiri sucks, Newton Sucks, Murphy is trash, Reed Sucks. Yada Yada.

Same **** in the WEZ bball thread.

It's what happens when clowns who only follow the football team start paying attention to the hoops team because they're winning, and they treat a loss or not playing well with the same level of gravity that losing one football game has, where it can ruin your whole season because there's only 12-14 of them.

There's 30-40 games in a basketball season and you don't play perfect every night- you will always go through rough spots and losses. But dumb porsters stay dumb and here we are complaining about 'em.

Half time adjustments are the clearest indicator (not that we need it) of how amazing a coach L is. We were flummoxed by VTs defense all through the first half. In the second half it was Swiss cheese. Not a coincidence.

BTW, Sheldon's ankle isn't right. He's never in foul trouble. The fouls were the result of him not being able to position himself properly because of the ankle. Glad he was able to sit.

Advertisement
Half time adjustments are the clearest indicator (not that we need it) of how amazing a coach L is. We were flummoxed by VTs defense all through the first half. In the second half it was Swiss cheese. Not a coincidence.

I don't know if we were flummoxed or the combination of Sheldon missing most of the first half, no Newton and some "other stuff". By other stuff, I mean 4+ missed layups, James Palmer (no idea what he did that half) and 7 turnovers. That was by far the worst half of basketball this season.

VT is pretty bad; one of the worst in conference and I have trouble giving them a bunch of credit. They were pretty rested too, last played in February 9th.

I don't know if we were flummoxed or the combination of Sheldon missing most of the first half, no Newton and some "other stuff". By other stuff, I mean 4+ missed layups, James Palmer (no idea what he did that half) and 7 turnovers. That was by far the worst half of basketball this season.

VT is pretty bad; one of the worst in conference and I have trouble giving them a bunch of credit. They were pretty rested too, last played in February 9th.

We were not getting open looks in the first half. We only made it into the 20s because Arod hit that ridiculous fade away 3 with a hand in his face. I give VT credit for coming out with a crazy changing defense that we hadn't seen before. They wanted to slop up the game and it worked for a half. I'm not saying they are good, but considering no Newton and hobbled Sheldon, it was a great second half.

We were not getting open looks in the first half. We only made it into the 20s because Arod hit that ridiculous fade away 3 with a hand in his face. I give VT credit for coming out with a crazy changing defense that we hadn't seen before. They wanted to slop up the game and it worked for a half. I'm not saying they are good, but considering no Newton and hobbled Sheldon, it was a great second half.

Do open layups count?

Do open layups count?

There were a couple of those, but this is CBB, not NBA. Happens to most teams in most games. We were generally not getting good looks in the first half.

Advertisement
What's up with all these comments? This team usually comes out slow at home anytime there isn't a great home crowd. Not making an excuse, but this team deserves for every seat to be filled and they are affected when there isn't much of an atmosphere. These are college basketball players and if you watch any team most players are not very consistent. Davon Reed always comes through when needed so quick attacking him when he's not playing that well in the first half. Palmer played well last year and hasn't played nearly as much. Still has a great attitude and he was the only one attacking the rim and getting good shots in the first half. Yeah, he missed a few easy lay ups but we all know he is capable of making a lay up or he wouldn't be playing Div 1 ball. We all want Jekiri to be even better but the guy has worked his *** of developing his game and plays so hard each game. Without Jekiri, we can't rebound. This team is on top of the ACC right now. Parity is at a high in college bball so it's not just this team. Enjoy this team cause it's a very talented team. And don't complain if we lose to UNC, real tough game.

Do open layups count?

There were a couple of those, but this is CBB, not NBA. Happens to most teams in most games. We were generally not getting good looks in the first half.

Wow

Man when this team decides to start playing

I think it is a result of VT, or any of the other teams we have beat in the 2nd half for that matter, running out of gas after a max effort of defending the 1st half. We start to rebound and fast break and that is where this team shines.
At this time, I feel if we are close at the 1/2 it's a W. That's our MO.

GO UM!!!! BEAT UNC

I think it is a result of VT, or any of the other teams we have beat in the 2nd half for that matter, running out of gas after a max effort of defending the 1st half. We start to rebound and fast break and that is where this team shines.

GO UM!!!! BEAT UNC

I'm more inclined to think we are a second half team because of great coaching. Regardless, it's going to take a solid first and second half to win on Saturday.

Advertisement

GO UM!!!! BEAT UNC

I'm more inclined to think we are a second half team because of great coaching. Regardless, it's going to take a solid first and second half to win on Saturday.
I look for coaches adjustments with great interest but I am not knowledgeable enough to recognize them. I try to identify possible matchup adjustments but again I'm not good enough.
What I do notice is that we eventually break the defense and start to run at will. We also seem to increase our ability to get turnovers on defense when the other team physically slows down because of what appears to be exhaustion.

Advertisement
Back