#10DaysOfMadness (or is it ~10 Days Of Whale Hunting? July 10-21)

Who are the 6?

Epenesa
Pickett
Carter
Antoine
Brown
Boucard
?
Six I'm talking about:

Pickett
Carter
Boucard
Smith (IOL)
Antoine
Brown

I think we get Espensa but don't expect him to commit in August just before the season starts. Strictly my opinion and I'm not an insider, I don't have any info...just based on everything I've read and how recruiting is going so far

Advertisement
Anyone who wants him fired is a goofy and doesn’t understand how you bring a program back from the dead. I just don’t even listen to them. Saying any HC can do this with the money we have is mega cap. Few coaches can do this very few. And if we brought someone else every player would be slow and have trex arms.
Not a fan of Mario's gameday coaching at all, but anyone who questions his recruiting prowess or commitment to this university and his desire to restore UM football to greatness is just a troll or a ******* idiot, period!

Dreads over the eyes is a bigger death blow for us than 2.0 threads

Devils in the details….the stupid **** we notice…

I wonder how accurate it would be if we created a checklist of exclusionary criteria whether they commit or not.

Name is Tyler Williams? Not happening
Dream school? No chance

From Gaby regarding these tweets:

My understanding is that this is a sort of call to rally the troops internally. Miami knows these next ten days or so that some big names will come off the board. There is still a lot of work to do with Jarquez Carter, DJ Pickett, Jaboree Antoine, and Vernell Brown, but Miami is rallying and know that they have to close in the fourth quarter to get these done. I wouldn't take it as gospel that Miami will land each of these kids, but moreso that they know there's a lot on the line.

This summer is also internally viewed as the "pre-season" so they know that one way or another their story on the recruiting trail this cycle will be based on what they do on Saturdays this fall.

A lot to be excited about but still a lot of work to do with said prospects.
Gabby is such a wet blanket. He must be a load of fun at parties

Advertisement
Gaby wrote a summary on our top targets sort of like his "bank"

Ill try to summarize, just of note the greatest update

Meh/Negative:
Boucard- Does not expect him to pick Miami
Jarquez Carter- OSU rn, Miami battling but in 2nd
Walter Mathis- SEC (LSU)
Vernell Brown- Expect UF to be the pick
Jaime Ffrench- Miami Battling, his recruiting has had twists and turns. For now still Texas but Miami is chipping away
Dallas Wilson- Miami chipping away, not phased by reaffirming his commitment. Nothing imminent
Byron Louis or SMK- nothing imminent, miami would like 1 power back but dont lead here with either
Bryce Fitzgeral and Aidan Anding- Miami keeping tabs. still working

Positives/new recruit

Jaboree- Miami feels good here
Epenesa- Miami and Utah Battling. Miami feeling good
Daylyn Upshaw- Miami feels good here
Jerome Myles- Miami likes its current communication- Would like him for a visit. He is a name to monitor in the future
Ben Hanks- May push recruitment til the Fall, even if a commitment comes he doesn't expect it to be over.

Dj Pickett: He is the prize, Miami and Cristobal fighting til the end.

step brothers dale GIF

Meh/Negative:
Walter Mathis- SEC (LSU)
Jaime Ffrench- Miami Battling, his recruiting has had twists and turns. For now still Texas but Miami is chipping away
Dallas Wilson- Miami chipping away, not phased by reaffirming his commitment. Nothing imminent
Byron Louis or SMK- nothing imminent, miami would like 1 power back but dont lead here with either

Positives/new recruit

Jerome Myles- Miami likes its current communication- Would like him for a visit. He is a name to monitor in the future
Ben Hanks- May push recruitment til the Fall, even if a commitment comes he doesn't expect it to be over.

Would really like one of Boucard and Carter bare minimum, but the rest of it is positive/completely fair.

I don’t expect Ffrench or Brown, I’m also not really high on Upshaw…he’s just not that explosive for a guy that size and we have Carr and Ray-Ray that are all his mold and much better imo (+Robby, same size too)…but it’s not like he’s a scrub, so it’s whatever. Placeholder WR recruit imo in case bigger guys want in later, and not a bad one per se.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Meh/Negative:
Walter Mathis- SEC (LSU)

Positives/new recruit

1720748524974.gif

1720748553159.gif

I agree, unfortunately. The last 20 years have me pessimistic. I know Mario and staff can recruit, but I don't think we get all these guys in the next 10 days. If we have a great season, maybe. Hopefully I'm wrong
Of course we're not getting all of them. If we get a few, which I think we will, we're doing great.

Advertisement

Meh/Negative:
Walter Mathis- SEC (LSU)

Positives/new recruit

Speaking of the Bank, @DMoney when are you going to grace us with the OG bank

Advertisement
Back