#10DaysOfMadness (or is it ~10 Days Of Whale Hunting? July 10-21)

From Gaby regarding these tweets:

My understanding is that this is a sort of call to rally the troops internally. Miami knows these next ten days or so that some big names will come off the board. There is still a lot of work to do with Jarquez Carter, DJ Pickett, Jaboree Antoine, and Vernell Brown, but Miami is rallying and know that they have to close in the fourth quarter to get these done. I wouldn't take it as gospel that Miami will land each of these kids, but moreso that they know there's a lot on the line.

This summer is also internally viewed as the "pre-season" so they know that one way or another their story on the recruiting trail this cycle will be based on what they do on Saturdays this fall.

A lot to be excited about but still a lot of work to do with said prospects.
half baked boo GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t know. Sorry for being a mope but the only commitment I see in the next 10 days is Antoine. Hope I’m wrong
This is exactly why he gave the next 10 days tweet. Everyone is doubting us and doesn’t expect us to land some of these top guys. The staff is going to be working extremely hard the next week to close some of these guys. He meant that we’re in a 10 day battle for these targets

Last edited:
Not sure why yall here talking like its calculus what Smith said. He specifically mentioned those CB to other schools, and every player we after that has that either has a date or hasnt set one yet. So why yall here worrying about when 10 days start? 👋🏽🤞🏽

Advertisement
Not sure why yall here talking like its calculus what Smith said. He specifically mentioned those CB to other schools, and every player we after that has that either has a date or hasnt set one yet. So why yall here worrying about when 10 days start? 👋🏽🤞🏽
apparently not grammar either.

Holy **** if this is the case then this was very very very stupid execution of a campaign that had tons of potential.

10 days of madness should've been a commit every **** day for 10 days straight.

An "Internal rally call" should've been an email, not tweets that you know the fanbase is going to interpret as "EVERYONE IS COMING"
IMG_2355.webp

Advertisement
I don’t know. Sorry for being a mope but the only commitment I see in the next 10 days is Antoine. Hope I’m wrong
I agree, unfortunately. The last 20 years have me pessimistic. I know Mario and staff can recruit, but I don't think we get all these guys in the next 10 days. If we have a great season, maybe. Hopefully I'm wrong

Advertisement
Back