1/7 vs FSU

Advertisement
Maybe the refs won't help them out so much next time.

- FSU had 22 offensive rebounds
- We had 15 TOs

---------------

Lykes was terrific, Brown went 12-14 and Huell had a great stat line. Glad to be home again. Next up on the road against Clemson.

Advertisement
[TWEET]950174374157537280[/TWEET]
Always great to beat FSU... Also our 2nd win vs a top 25 team which should count come tourney time with seeding.

Game was great.
cd521e3b2564f1e276064e82a0650f36.jpg
95d5b9a629fd2bc2ca154e647268adbb.jpg
9ca3342132ab907abf812fe11d5368fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The crow I'm now eating does not taste too good. I posted that I felt we would lose game. I did not think we had enough offense to match FSU. I was wrong. This win is important. Among many positives it demonstrated that Lykes can be an integral part of our teams success. We now have 3 solid players on offense that can lead us the rest of this season. Lykes, Brown and Huell are capable of giving us a total of 50-55 points a game.

Advertisement
Holy ****... Another missed free throw and then two more offensive rebounds conceded... Thankfully FSU missed their putbacks and we finally got a board. But this is not a recipe that is going to work out very many times.

Ha. And then another offensive rebound for some second chance points on the possession following Brown's free throws. FSU has nearly as many offensive rebounds as we have defensive rebounds. It is unbelievable.

Considering that FSU is freakishly long, with MULTIPLE seven footers on their roster, I'm not shocked they would rebound well. In fact, that's the way they stay in games, because they aren't the best shooting team out there(Ham's teams tend not to be great shooting teams, but they wear you down by getting additional possessions). There are few teams in the ACC that have the sheer size and bulk FSU has, and that's been true for the better part of a decade.

Advertisement
I missed the first 12 mins of the second half, but why wasn't Lonnie playing much towards the end? Don't remember seeing him at all in the last 8 minutes.

I might have missed it, but why wasn't Lonnie playing much towards the end of the second half? Don't remember seeing him at all in the last 8 minutes.

Because the combo of Lykes/Brown/DJ/Amp was working and Coach didn't want to mess with that rotation. Also, when Lonnie was in, he was getting torched on the defensive end.

Advertisement
I might have missed it, but why wasn't Lonnie playing much towards the end of the second half? Don't remember seeing him at all in the last 8 minutes.

Because the combo of Lykes/Brown/DJ/Amp was working and Coach didn't want to mess with that rotation. Also, when Lonnie was in, he was getting torched on the defensive end.

Yes...and if you were watching the game on TV, Corey Alexander mentioned how the next practice could be interesting with Walker and New-tun sitting on the bench so much. New-tun should (should) be able to handle it being a senior and having been in that spot before. I'm a little anxious, however, to find out how Walker comes out of this.

Yes...and if you were watching the game on TV, Corey Alexander mentioned how the next practice could be interesting with Walker and New-tun sitting on the bench so much. New-tun should (should) be able to handle it being a senior and having been in that spot before. I'm a little anxious, however, to find out how Walker comes out of this.

Walker been sitting on the bench at the end of games all year.

Not true.

Not true.

Games that are close, yes it is.

Advertisement
Back