1/3 @ GT 9:00 (ESPN APP)

Blown away by the overreaction. This was a bad loss. A loss like this shows we probably aren't a top 3 seed in the tourney but that's about it. This team has been on the road for a month. They lacked energy which happens when you've been on the road so long. We could have still won without much energy but we weren't focused and that is more concerning. Newton went back to being the Newton of last year which is an issue. And we need to pass more in the zone and stop dribbling.

With all that being said, this team is ultra talented. It's obvious when you watch them. We're definitely a tourney team. This loss should wake them up and keep them focused from here on out. We need to learn to play more consistent and more passing and less dribbling will help that. The board will feel differently once we beat FSU on Sunday.
Have you seen FSU play this year? Do you think we can score a minimum of 80 points against them because FSU lights it up. I was very optimistic before the season. I looked for Brown to have a big year based on last years performance. It's apparent to me that Brown may not be the player we all thought he would be. Walker is a big disappointment. There was a lot of hype about him and I bought in. I expected a guy that could take over a game and excel in all areas. He looks like he has been unable to adjust to college ball. Unfortunately when we enter the meat of acc play it will be more difficult for him to become the player we expected. Forget about 1 and done with Walker, he is not nearly ready for the nba. We may as well play with only 1 big, Huell. Izundo is a non contributor. I would like to think that our bad losses to New Mexico State and ga tech are outliers. But I think this team could be mediocre. In the middle of the Acc standings and maybe a 7 seed in ncaa tourney.

Advertisement
Extremely poor performance last night, but I'm going to reserve long term judgement until after the FSU game. Going 5 weeks without a home game with a stretch that includes trips to/from Hawaii, Pittsburgh, and Atlanta in two weeks would be tough on any team.

For the future playing in the Diamond Head seems like a mistake unless you get an assurance you'll open conference play at home. Adding the GW trip for Lykes to the front end was just stupid.

The important thing now is to come back from Raleigh in a couple weeks with at least a 3-3 conference record.

Last edited:
Blown away by the overreaction. This was a bad loss. A loss like this shows we probably aren't a top 3 seed in the tourney but that's about it. This team has been on the road for a month. They lacked energy which happens when you've been on the road so long. We could have still won without much energy but we weren't focused and that is more concerning. Newton went back to being the Newton of last year which is an issue. And we need to pass more in the zone and stop dribbling.

With all that being said, this team is ultra talented. It's obvious when you watch them. We're definitely a tourney team. This loss should wake them up and keep them focused from here on out. We need to learn to play more consistent and more passing and less dribbling will help that. The board will feel differently once we beat FSU on Sunday.
Have you seen FSU play this year? Do you think we can score a minimum of 80 points against them because FSU lights it up. I was very optimistic before the season. I looked for Brown to have a big year based on last years performance. It's apparent to me that Brown may not be the player we all thought he would be. Walker is a big disappointment. There was a lot of hype about him and I bought in. I expected a guy that could take over a game and excel in all areas. He looks like he has been unable to adjust to college ball. Unfortunately when we enter the meat of acc play it will be more difficult for him to become the player we expected. Forget about 1 and done with Walker, he is not nearly ready for the nba. We may as well play with only 1 big, Huell. Izundo is a non contributor. I would like to think that our bad losses to New Mexico State and ga tech are outliers. But I think this team could be mediocre. In the middle of the Acc standings and maybe a 7 seed in ncaa tourney.

I've seen them play against UNC and Duke. If there is anything to know about a Leonard Hamilton team, they aren't consistent. Who knows what team will show up. Oklahoma State held them to 70 points on a neutral court so not sure why we just assume they'll put up 80 on us. Not to mention we did win a game in the 80's on the road against a good big ten team.

Brown will be fine. He'll have one of his signature games against FSU on Sunday. What we need from Brown is to be the leader and when times are tough for him to be more agggressive. If you don't see the talent in Lonnie Walker, than I don't know what you are watching. It takes time to adjust to the college game especially when he hurt his knee over the off season. He will continue to improve over the season. He's physically built to withstand the ACC and his main issue right now is understanding when to shoot and when to attack. He relies too much on his jumper but when he drives he consistently finishes on both sides of the rim. He'll learn as the season goes on. The biggest dissapointment is Izundu. He's regressed and is such a liability on the court. Being a 7 seed in the tourney isn't mediocre. I feel like we are any where from a 4-8 seed and need to start playing better to get that higher seed.

I've seen them play against UNC and Duke. If there is anything to know about a Leonard Hamilton team, they aren't consistent. Who knows what team will show up. Oklahoma State held them to 70 points on a neutral court so not sure why we just assume they'll put up 80 on us. Not to mention we did win a game in the 80's on the road against a good big ten team.

Brown will be fine. He'll have one of his signature games against FSU on Sunday. What we need from Brown is to be the leader and when times are tough for him to be more agggressive. If you don't see the talent in Lonnie Walker, than I don't know what you are watching. It takes time to adjust to the college game especially when he hurt his knee over the off season. He will continue to improve over the season. He's physically built to withstand the ACC and his main issue right now is understanding when to shoot and when to attack. He relies too much on his jumper but when he drives he consistently finishes on both sides of the rim. He'll learn as the season goes on. The biggest dissapointment is Izundu. He's regressed and is such a liability on the court. Being a 7 seed in the tourney isn't mediocre. I feel like we are any where from a 4-8 seed and need to start playing better to get that higher seed.
I'm may be
optimistic thinking they will be a 7 seed. This team looks fragile. We will learn about their future after FSU game. If we lose by 10 points or more, and our offense plays like it has the past month, we are in for a long season.

Extremely poor performance last night, but I'm going to reserve long term judgement until after the FSU game. Going 5 weeks without a home game with a stretch that includes trips to/from Hawaii, Pittsburgh, and Atlanta in two weeks would be tough on any team.

For the future playing in the Diamond Head seems like a mistake unless you get an assurance you'll open conference play at home. Adding the GW trip for Lykes to the front end was just stupid.

The important thing now is to come back from Raleigh in a couple weeks with at least a 3-3 conference record.

I think that you hit the nail on the head. It has been a huge mistake to start the season off with the schedule that they did. They gave some astonishing number of miles traveled over this stretch...something like 50K. As with the second game in Hawaii (2nd game in less than 24 hours) you could see the mental and physical fatigue against GT. How many air-balls were put up?...missing someone wide open with a pass...completely outrebounded...saving a ball under the opponent's basket...etc., etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back