1/3 @ GT 9:00 (ESPN APP)

Consigliere

All-American
So we're still on the road and we're playing another crap opponent. This is good because we're still in a funk and we have the opportunity to play some inferior competition to get out of it. GT is 6-7 (0-1). GT should finish in the bottom 4 of the conference but maybe Pastner can get "lucky" again. I know winning on the road in the ACC is "hard" but this game is not (Pitt too). We should be able to figure out what Grambling and Wright State did when playing at GT.

GT has a bunch of bad losses:

Grambling 4-9
@ Wofford 8-5 (yes they beat UNC)
Wright State 10-5

RPI: 232nd
BPI: 138th
SOS: 144th

GT has a really bad offense that scores 66.5 PPG (320th overall), a much better defense that allows 65.1 PPG (36th) and they shoot the 3 rather poorly .318 (205th).

Players to Watch:

Josh Okogie: 18.0 PPG, 5.4 RPG and 1.8 SPG
Tadric Jackson: 15.8 PPG, 4.4 RPG and 1.9 APG
Jose Alvarado: 13.0 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 3.2 APG and 1.9 SPG
Ben Lammers: 12.8 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 1.2 APG, 1.3 SPG and 3.1 BPG

Random Tidbits:

- Their leading scorer (Josh Okogie) has only played in 5 games this season. GT is 2-3 in those games.
- GT is 5-4 at home (so far) this year. They score 68.1 PPG at home and allow 63.6 PPG at home.

Spread: Miami -5.5

Last edited:
Advertisement
Still debating whether to go to this game or not. I've gone to the last 3-4 games @GT, but it's a 9pm start on a Wednesday. It is on TV here, so I might skip it, especially since I just drove Chattanooga-Miami-Chattanooga for the OB and I never want to see a car again. Their new arena is nice though.

Still debating whether to go to this game or not. I've gone to the last 3-4 games @GT, but it's a 9pm start on a Wednesday. It is on TV here, so I might skip it, especially since I just drove Chattanooga-Miami-Chattanooga for the OB and I never want to see a car again. Their new arena is nice though.

I am probably headed to the game. The 9 PM tip is a killer and I am coming off a cold. Happy to meet another Canes fan/poster if you do make it.

Advertisement
I'm in section 113. If you go thru GT website it is Family/Kids night. Tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for kids in the certain lower and upper sections. They are also not charging for processing so I bought 3 tickets for $15 total was $45 straight up.

I wish Coach L would insert Lonnie Walker in the starting lineup for good...I really don't know why he just won't start the kid. This kid will not be back at Miami next year! Let The Freshman Go! It will help recruiting other one and done players...Besides that let's get the W. #Go Canes

I wish Coach L would insert Lonnie Walker in the starting lineup for good...I really don't know why he just won't start the kid. This kid will not be back at Miami next year! Let The Freshman Go! It will help recruiting other one and done players...Besides that let's get the W. #Go Canes

He'll start if and when he earns it. He definitely hasn't earned it yet.

Before the season I thought LW was definitely one and done. Now I'm not that sure. 50-50 at this point. Everything I read about him, he is a real student too, like BB.

Advertisement
I mean, there's a limit to the NBA drafting solely on potential. Right now, that's all they are looking at. One productive game, against BU. He'll need a better resume of production than that. Usually, true frosh production takes a hit once ACC competition starts, not the other way around. We'll see.

Last edited:
Memphis basically paid George Tech to take Josh Pastner off their hands.

Lammers vs Dewan. Control Lammers and this one should be easy.

Memphis basically paid George Tech to take Josh Pastner off their hands.

Lammers vs Dewan. Control Lammers and this one should be easy.
Paid him $1.25M to leave. Now Memphis is stuck with Tubby Smith & his 3.5M contract lol.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
92191eae9a6f1071d0ccd3afa1942afa.jpg

Half canes fans for the few here so far...

Advertisement

I am probably headed to the game. The 9 PM tip is a killer and I am coming off a cold. Happy to meet another Canes fan/poster if you do make it.

I ended up staying home

Really look bad on offense, need to pick up the energy/effort. GT already has 4 offensive rebounds.

Advertisement
Back