1/24 UL @ 8:00 PM (ESPN2)

Advertisement
That was really crazy but fun. We could learn a lot about movement from UL and some of coaches lineups were ????????? WTF coach but this was too much fun and on national TV so lets just enjoy the win and the positive press. LW is THE MAN

Advertisement
Newton is a ****ing AWFUL player.

He's not the only one...wow was that sad. Thank God for Walker tonight.

Would love to know the true reason why you keep Lykes on the bench. Unreal.

Happy for the W, but man did we beg them over and over to take that game. I think Jim needs to look into hypnotism for this group at the FT line...this is getting absurd.

UM
Actually we hit above average on free throws.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Happy for the W, but man did we beg them over and over to take that game. I think Jim needs to look into hypnotism for this group at the FT line...this is getting absurd.

UM

I would love to see some spit because I guarantee you we are awful in the last two minutes....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UM

And that was after the chit at the end.

Advertisement
Walker has arrived. Good minutes from Sam, too.

What’s your take on Newton D?

I’m optimistic. He’s better than he’s played. Same with Brown. It takes time with so many ball-dominant guards.

I just cringe when I see him in the game. IMO he’s selfish on offense and lazy on defense (not the only one). I actually feel like he has regressed into his senior year because of the comp around him. After his sophomore season I thought he should have been a starter. But man when he’s in it feels like he just throwing the game.

This team needs another Big don’t know why we keep recruiting so many guards.

He runs a guard heavy offense with ball screens. We’ve had our best success with good guards and he needs the right guards to run his offense.

But we need another big.

Advertisement
Where was Lykes towards the end of regulation? My son and I were screaming every time Newton touched the ball. I'm finally ready to admit that Newton is awful. Yes, he's a marginally solid defender, but his offense is awful. He missed 3-4 straight contested lay-ups tonight and still Coach L rode with him. Did I miss an injury to CL or did he foul out? At the very least go offense/defense with Lykes and Newton. Frankly, even though his confidence is shot, I'd rather have seen DJ in there than Newton.

It was tough tonight to watch: (1) the terrible FT shooting; (2) the awful fundamentals on rebounds when they were using one hand or trying to dribble the ball rather than possessing it with 2 hands; (3) the horrible fouls by 2 veterans, first Amp's needless foul when he dove after a rebound that was never going to be his and then Newton's karate chop on the Louisville shooter right in front of the 'Ville bench.

Imma have a coronary watching a few more of these games. You have to wonder what's happened to UM's fundamentals, something you'd expect from a Coach L team. Their FT shooting, fouling discipline, constant reaching on defense, poor rebounding and inconsistent ball movement are not concepts you'd expect to see on a Coach L team. It's clear he needs to ride with his freshmen, Walker and Lykes, and live with the consequences of their youth.

So did anyone else see walker winning the game while the other two older guards were shaving points all game

Love that brown and newton want the ball so they can brick fts at the end.

Coach L tried to lose that as well. No lykes and no DJ to shoot fts at the end is Horrible

Luckily Lonnie had other ideas

Advertisement
Back