🚨🚨Poll: Predict Miami’s Record - 2023 Season 🚨🚨

What will be the Canes’ record for the 2023 Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted 8-4, if we beat aTm 6-0 isn’t out of the question and at that point you can make a real case for 9 or more. I feel cautiously optimistic.

Advertisement
1000014667.jpg

Advertisement
It comes down to the offense. If the line is as improved as they should be, the added speed at RB and WR should result in many chunk (and outright scoring) plays.

If that's working, and we put up a lot of points, we will have a good season. You'll see 42-30 type scores.

If the offense isn't doing the above, we will lose.

Floor: 5-7
Ceiling: 8-4

Most Likely: 7-5

Personal opinion, but in my opinion there’s only two true toss-up games- FSU and UNC. Miami is clear cut underdogs against aTm and Clemson, and should be favored in all other games.

However, Miami has a habit of not only dropping games they shouldn’t, but routinely failing to show up against teams at a similar talent level. When it comes to teams with superior talent, we get blown out the water. So the 7.5 line for the season makes sense.

Considering the fact we’re breaking in two new coordinators/schemes and still lack depth at numerous positions (particularly S and DT; CB isn’t so great either), we’re still at least one year away from being able to definitively say we’re going win “X” game because of the talent level on the roster. That coupled with the team’s trends over the last 15+ years leads to less optimism for this season.

I’d love to be wrong, but at most I don’t see the team winning more than 8.

Advertisement
I was at 7-5, since i got optimistic, i moved up to 8-4. Could be better but until they do it, thats as far as i can go with the kool aid.

Right there with you. I'm at 8-4 with a range of 7-5 to 10-2. So there's upside there, depending on TVD, WR play, run defense and safety depth issues. And we REALLY need Arroyo back, with Skinner having drop issues.

Anything less than 8-4 is pull the plug disastrous. There are 5 games with close to equal or better talent on the schedule. You can’t lose all of them or it’s a failure.

-A&M at home and unless Petrino is calling plays, they won’t be any better.
-UNC with Lindsay calling plays is a giant step back. Tempo isn’t in the same stratosphere as Longo. Defense won’t be any better.
-NC State will be tricky. Armstrong/Anae combo is no joke. Pretty experienced team. But for whatever reason Miami has their number.
-FSU & Clemson are losses until further notice

Miami Ohio: W
Texas A&M: W
Bethune: W
Temple: W
GT: W
UNC: W
Clemson: L
UVA: W
NC State: W
FSU: L
Louisville: L
BC: W

You can flip Louisville and NC State and UNC, I just think Louisville is a prime and emotional let-down spot…especially if it’s a day game.

8-4 seems more realistic and probable, but 9-3 should be the expectation.

I’m not buying UNC stock losing their WRs and Longo. I think Jimbo can’t help but meddle and we win Week 2.

7-5 and we have to seriously start questioning what’s going on here.

6-6 or worse and Mario ain’t that dude, but we’re stuck with him.
I’ll take 8-1 going into FSU week. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Advertisement
You mean a guy who was 9-4. 12-2. 4-3 and 10-3 at Oregon? "Derp" fits you.
Blind Homer would better fit you.

Continue to buy the Mario C Kool-ade and believing he's going to actually get it right this time.
I'll be here to help you when we get blown out and can't score against TAMU.

Advertisement
Anything less than 8-4 is pull the plug disastrous. There are 5 games with close to equal or better talent on the schedule. You can’t lose all of them or it’s a failure.

-A&M at home and unless Petrino is calling plays, they won’t be any better.
-UNC with Lindsay calling plays is a giant step back. Tempo isn’t in the same stratosphere as Longo. Defense won’t be any better.
-NC State will be tricky. Armstrong/Anae combo is no joke. Pretty experienced team. But for whatever reason Miami has their number.
-FSU & Clemson are losses until further notice
FSU is a rivalry. That's a toss up everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Last year was an aberration same way us blowing out FSU 52-7 at the rock was a aberration. We were down bad last year and they caught us on a down year and did what they were supposed to do.

8-5…7 win regular season and finally win a bowel game against a mid tier SEC or Big10 team..think we hang tough in a majority of our losses
That's a reasonable take as 8-5 would be a 2½ game improvement and would include a bowl win. Still I think we can do better and a 9-3 season with a bowl win to get us to 10-3 would do wonders for recruiting if we can pull it off. The key to this season will be winning the games that we are supposed to win then split the 4 toughest games(TAMU, UNC, FSU and Clemson) that most here think we will lose. We will most likely lose a game that we shouldn't. That being said I picked 8-4 for the poll. Win a bowl game to get to 9-4 and I would be over the moon.

PS. "Finally win a bowel game"

Freudian slip???

This season has the potential to be a 98’/99’ type season. Continue developing kids and win the games you’re supposed to. Be competitive with the ones you’re not supposed to win. Maybe even pull an upset or two. I can totally see us beating FSU but losing to UNC/ NC State.

The A&M game has serious potential to impact the season. A victory can establish serious confidence that would carry over to the rest of the season. I just don’t think we are there yet. A&M has good talent.

9-4 with a bowl win to carry momentum into 24’.

Advertisement
Back