Will Rogers in the Portal

Advertisement
if Rogers is the 1 yr rental it's imperative that we also get a high upside guy with multiple years of eligibility left who can play next year if rogers ***** the bed
I think if JB show promise during the bowl game, it’ll be him in that role next year. I believe we’ll hold off on pursuing a second arm until the next portal window pending what happens with him

[BGCOLOR=initial]Why is Will Rogers such an upgrade over TVD? His huge years were under Mike Leach, the offense and QB guru. I doubt he ever replicates that kind of success under Mario. And TVD still had a better QBR at his peak (2021).[/BGCOLOR]

At their peak, I'd rather have TVD.

TVD ain't climbing back to that peak, brother...

Advertisement
I think if JB show promise during the bowl game, it’ll be him in that role next year. I believe we’ll hold off on pursuing a second arm until the next portal window pending what happens with him
Unless Jacurri turns into superman passing the ball in the bowl game I find this unlikely. Had the coaches had confidence in him as a passer I think they would have played him after Emory went down. Rogers is fine I guess but you gotta pair him with another guy who can run, has upside, and multiple years of eligibility left - Murphy from Texas would be ideal with Rogers

Unless Jacurri turns into superman passing the ball in the bowl game I find this unlikely. Had the coaches had confidence in him as a passer I think they would have played him after Emory went down. Rogers is fine I guess but you gotta pair him with another guy who can run, has upside, and multiple years of eligibility left - Murphy from Texas would be ideal with Rogers
I think he’s going to be looking for a starting job

TVD ain't climbing back to that peak, brother...
We'll see.

He played 6 or 7 games this year at that or close to that peak.

Last thing any of us want is for him to go somewhere else and play like he did in '21. The "Mario the QB killer" narrative may become unrecoverable if he does that while at the same time we bring in a portal QB and he plays terrible all year.

if Rogers is the 1 yr rental it's imperative that we also get a high upside guy with multiple years of eligibility left who can play next year if rogers ***** the bed
The QB from Indiana QB Brendan Sorsby

Advertisement
I think of Rogers as a doubling down on Emory. It's like saying yeah I know he has his limitations.. But what if.. he were 4 years older and a little slower? That's our guy.

IF they choose to go with the high IQ noodle armed game manager as the one year rental, why wouldn't the high IQ noodle armed guy backing him up be the next guy up?

Last edited:
I think of Rogers as a doubling down on Emory. It's like saying yeah I know he has his limitations.. But what if.. he were 4 years older and a little slower? That's our guy.

IF they choose to go with the high IQ noodle armed game manager as the one year rental, why wouldn't the high IQ noodle armed guy backing him up not be the next guy up?
How'd having a low IQ big armed QB fare for us?

We'll see.

He played 6 or 7 games this year at that or close to that peak.

Last thing any of us want is for him to go somewhere else and play like he did in '21. The "Mario the QB killer" narrative may become unrecoverable if he does that while at the same time we bring in a portal QB and he plays terrible all year.

Really?

That's bull****.

He had 3 games that were close to that peak.

The four games where he threw 10 picks are automatically disqualified.

Remember, his 2021 peak was against ACC teams. So I'll give you aTm, Louisville, and Boston College.

If you are desperate to include the three revenue games, you are just nuts. He averaged 220 yards and 2 TDs a game against the murderer's row of Miami of Ohio, Bethune-Cookman, and Temple. If you think that's "peak TVD", you're smoking something.

Peak TVD is 350 yards and 3-4 TDs. Not that **** he put up against Miami/B-C/Temple.

1701550416898.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Really?

That's bull****.

He had 3 games that were close to that peak.

The four games where he threw 10 picks are automatically disqualified.

Remember, his 2021 peak was against ACC teams. So I'll give you aTm, Louisville, and Boston College.

If you are desperate to include the three revenue games, you are just nuts. He averaged 220 yards and 2 TDs a game against the murderer's row of Miami of Ohio, Bethune-Cookman, and Temple. If you think that's "peak TVD", you're smoking something.

Peak TVD is 350 yards and 3-4 TDs. Not that **** he put up against Miami/B-C/Temple.

View attachment 268953
I counted the 3 "revenue" games because of how bad he looked against MTSU last year and how sharp he looked this year, and because he didn't need to do much. Also counted UNC despite the 2 INTs because he threw for nearly 400 yards and 4 TDs and we didn't lose because of him.

Still looking at his stats for this year, the only game we lost MOSTLY because of TVD is NCST. He obviously put us in a terrible position against GT but we still should have won that game if not for Mario running the ball and then giving up a ridiculous TD afterwards. So plenty of stupidity to go around there.

Yep if TVD doesn’t turn into a pumpkin and Mario takes a knee
If my grandma had balls she'd be my grandpa. Mahomes would have lost 3 this year. I see a lot of one read throws, but he also goes through progressions on some plays. I like the touch I saw in the highlights. I'm not sure how that translates at Miami.

If my grandma had balls she'd be my grandpa. Mahomes would have lost 3 this year. I see a lot of one read throws, but he also goes through progressions on some plays. I like the touch I saw in the highlights. I'm not sure how that translates at Miami.
lol perfectly he’s going to be protected and have easy windows to throw in he will be a great for us 3k yards 25 tds and 8 picks

Advertisement
Back