Why Not The Kid From JMU -- McCloud?

I get he doesn't have prototypical size, put up stats against a weaker schedule and only had one truly excellent season. But he has experience, completed better than 68% of his passes this season and is mobile-ish.

Why not snag him and Nelson and create competition going into next season?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd give De Laura a call at this point…If you can't get Howard, which it sounds like that ship has sailed.

He's not great shakes but is a gamer. There was some off the field stuff if I remember correctly.

I'd give De Laura a call at this point…If you can't get Howard, which it sounds like that ship has sailed.

He's not great shakes but is a gamer. There was some off the field stuff if I remember correctly.
he pled guilty to sexual assault. Just found out about this ... I think we should pass.

Advertisement
dont care what they did if we win 10 games
1704168061049.gif

Advertisement
he pled guilty to sexual assault. Just found out about this ... I think we should pass.

He did not plead guilty. He settled out-of-court a civil lawsuit brought by a former HS classmate against him and a teammate that stemmed from an incident in 2018. He was neither criminally charged or faces any criminal charges. The reason it has resurfaced is the judge in the civil trial felt the original settlement amount did not accurately reflect his "earnings" under NIL and thus was too low.

Advertisement
Imo Mcloud is someone you bring in to compete nothing more or less.

I've never seen anything from mcloud to say he's someone you hand the starting job to? And he probably wants that in his last yr and you can't blame him

But if you bring him in he is someone that you make him and brown compete and then it's up to brown to decide if he wants to stay and do that. If you are asking me who i think will win the job i'd say slight advantage to mcloud…But he's definitely a step down from the top tier and as I've said many times there ain't no Penixes in that top group to begin with!

I read more about it…I guess they settled out of court? And I'm not gonna speculate any further and not defending this…But all 3 involved including the girl were underaged at the time…Again not defending or speculating any further, but sounds like some kids getting drunk and double teaming a girl?

I don't think UM will take him either.

Unless you get a Will Howard, Taulia or someone similar we will need to take 2 portal QBs. Pair a Jordan McCloud with a Malachi Nelson and let them compete with Jaccuri.

I get he doesn't have prototypical size, put up stats against a weaker schedule and only had one truly excellent season. But he has experience, completed better than 68% of his passes this season and is mobile-ish.

Why not snag him and Nelson and create competition going into next season?
Bro…people on this board would say they don’t want Josh Allen. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
Back