Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree, not every post needs a Fox News "fair and balanced" swipe at Mario.

View attachment 280811

There sure is a great deal of soft shouldered intolerant pussies on this board. Everything doesn't have to be (black/mope) and (white/slurp.) There's a grey area where someone can look at things logically and be realistic about the situation. Mario leaves a lot to be desired on gameday and also needs to up his portal game. It's okay to state facts. Very dumb comparison also using a known misrepresented statement by the media. Fox News sucks *** also by the way and is propaganda like the rest. Your subtle ****** jokes stereotyping all the South as racist is getting old to. Get some new material.

Advertisement
You are probably the one that told on me.

He was not. And actually, it is very rare that @TheOriginalCane reports anyone. In fact, those rare reports are almost always for blatantly political porsts that have no place on the main boards (and where I consider reports a public service to the board).

There sure is a great deal of soft shouldered intolerant pussies on this board. Everything doesn't have to be (black/mope) and (white/slurp.) There's a grey area where someone can look at things logically and be realistic about the situation. Mario leaves a lot to be desired on gameday and also needs to up his portal game. It's okay to state facts. Very dumb comparison also using a known misrepresented statement by the media. Fox News sucks *** also by the way and is propaganda like the rest. Your subtle ****** jokes stereotyping all the South as racist is getting old to. Get some new material.

Cry some more.

I label mopes as mopes. I don't have an issue with any valid criticism of anyone, I call out the repetitive one-note "but can he play defensive tackle" bull****.

As for "the south", you can get the **** out with that nonsense. I've lived in "the south" for over 50 years, I am well within my rights to observe it and joke about it. I politely decline your request for new material.

He was not. And actually, it is very rare that @TheOriginalCane reports anyone. In fact, those rare reports are almost always for blatantly political porsts that have no place on the main boards (and where I consider reports a public service to the board).

I really only report two things:

1. Politics (because if I, as a Politics major, can't talk about it, then the amateurs shouldn't do it either)
2. Things that Maudes ask for me to document in a report

I'd prefer to handle things in a civil manner, via DMs. No need clog up the board with "oh, I've got so many stalkers" or "oh, stop @'ing me".

Advertisement
You know how those annual Best Restaurants polls usually have a popular vote AND a "staff choice", because Olive Garden always wins Best Italian? We need that for some of these awards...
1706283483354.png

Cry some more.

I label mopes as mopes. I don't have an issue with any valid criticism of anyone, I call out the repetitive one-note "but can he play defensive tackle" bull****.

As for "the south", you can get the **** out with that nonsense. I've lived in "the south" for over 50 years, I am well within my rights to observe it and joke about it. I politely decline your request for new material.

Not crying at all. The majority of criticism of Mario has been valid and deserved. However, you still come running to defend his honor like a band groupie.

When are we joining the B1G again?

Possibly a Cb, lb, iOL, etc etc … well that’s not a reality right now, so can’t count what ifs.

Cloyd isn’t returning. Mauigoa is returning, but again he was brought in last year.

So Like I said 2 offensive guys, and 3-5 Defensive guys.

Again this was a conversation about recruiting. Ole Miss isn’t recruiting HS well and is having to be reliant on portal because of it. Yeah we have had to rely on portal a bit, but it’s less and less over time as our HS guys step up - and we u like Ole Miss have top hs recruiting classes to rely on. Yeah sure we will always have to take a handful in the portal. But the plan at ole Miss appears to be just go for a dozen starters yearly… or at least that is the path their recruiting is leading them down if they want to maintain their success…

wrong-trump.gif

3 cycles back Kiffin stated he will play the portal this way and save spots specifically for portal additions at a benefit. This was when Manny was playing it hard.

Advertisement
Not crying at all. The majority of criticism of Mario has been valid and deserved. However, you still come running to defend his honor like a band groupie.

When are we joining the B1G again?

What a sad and pathetic post from you.

I realize that this doesn't work in your binary world, but I have both praised and criticized Mario for things that are accurate. I've never jumped on the all-good OR all-bad bandwagons.

Do you believe that Miami is NOT going to join the Big 10? I just want to hear all of YOUR insights on the matter, because I'm sure you've got plenty. I'm sure you've got connections and sources that provide you with so much information to share, right?

I’m really not upset about this. We’ve been recruiting high level OL. Let’s see how our unit performs with Kinsler, the MISS JUCO transfer and Pancake in the rotation. Would’ve been good for depth no doubt, but I like what we’ve got in the room already.

3 cycles back Kiffin stated he will play the portal this way and save spots specifically for portal additions at a benefit. This was when Manny was playing it hard.

I realize Kiffin said it, but it reminds me of Pee Wee Herman wrecking his bike, then standing up and saying "I meant to do that!".

And I got a huge laugh out of that poster who said that Kiffin wasn't a lazy recruiter, he just chose to focus on fewer recruits. I wonder if I can tell my boss that I only want to file HALF of my income tax returns, in exchange for making those income tax returns PERFECT.

Again, it's not to belabor, but you understand the math better than most of these posters. If your intake numbers are 50-50 for high school vs. Portal recruits, it has a particular impact. If people want to say "the only thing I care about is wins", I can respect that, but then don't tell me "he's building a program". Or if people want to say "this is a short-term thing, he had to address prior issues at Ole Miss", I can respect that, but then don't tell me "it's his long-term strategy".

Whichever pathway Lane Train chooses, I can respect his choices, but there will be pros and cons to what he does. With me having loved and lived Miami football since the 1980s, I can easily admit to my preference for recruiting Florida high school kids who grow each year and become draft choices. I realize that the Portal has changed things up, and I'm fine with embracing it as a solution to unexpected flops and injuries and transfers-out. I just believe that there is so much great, young talent in Florida that there is not as much need to use the 50-50 (or greater) strategy for "building" from the Portal.

It's not that complicated.

But some guys act like you're some kind of dinosaur just because you don't advocate for 50% or more of your classes being Portal guys. Because Lane Train. Because Prison Mike. Because Neon Deion.

I love the Portal. I just don't think we need 50% Portal every year.

Advertisement
I’m really not upset about this. We’ve been recruiting high level OL. Let’s see how our unit performs with Kinsler, the MISS JUCO transfer and Pancake in the rotation. Would’ve been good for depth no doubt, but I like what we’ve got in the room already.
Don't think anyone is upset. It's a LG.

What a sad and pathetic post from you.

I realize that this doesn't work in your binary world, but I have both praised and criticized Mario for things that are accurate. I've never jumped on the all-good OR all-bad bandwagons.

Do you believe that Miami is NOT going to join the Big 10? I just want to hear all of YOUR insights on the matter, because I'm sure you've got plenty. I'm sure you've got connections and sources that provide you with so much information to share, right?

Always the self proclaimed smartest guy in the room. LOL! Do I think that Miami could join the B1G eventually? Sure, anything is possible. However, I'm not the one making bold *** predictions that don't come true. How about you be ******* humble for a change and say "Hey guys, I was wrong, my bad" At least Cribby does that and is well respected for it.

Always the self proclaimed smartest guy in the room. LOL! Do I think that Miami could join the B1G eventually? Sure, anything is possible. However, I'm not the one making bold *** predictions that don't come true. How about you be ******* humble for a change and say "Hey guys, I was wrong, my bad" At least Cribby does that and is well respected for it.

This is your inferiority and insecurity coming out.

I never said I was the smartest guy in the room. That's just you projecting.

As for Miami working to join the Big 10, it's happening. Sorry that I can't be as Gaby-esque as you and say "sure, anything is possible". It's more than just "possible", but there have been some ups and downs along the way. There are more schools involved than Miami, which complicates matters. Sorry that people can't deliver perfect day-and-date predictions on recruit commitments and conference realignment to all of the people who have no inside information or sources. Sorry.

As for you being the "humility police", you can **** straight off with that. I have always acknowledged when something I said did not come to pass. For you to gin up some false comparison between me and Cribby is a joke. And you can SAY "at least Cribby does that and is well respected for that", but I've watched numerous posters continue to stalk guys like Cribby and Ghandi even after they acknowledge they got stuff wrong, and the "my bad" approach doesn't change the ****** pile-ons that people give to Cribby or Ghandi.

I just spoke to someone yesterday who posts on this board frequently, and who made a prediction that did not come to pass. It happens to all of us. I realize you don't know me off the boards and you think you know what I'm all about from reading my posts, but you truly have no idea.

You want to give me **** about Big 10 realignment? Try reading my group text thread on my phone, where I am CONSTANTLY discussing the ups and downs with a group of well-informed fellow alums. It's not so binary, genius. Sorry that the exit date moves around, this is what happens when Miami does NOT sue the ACC and tries to "rely on F$U to do all the heavy lifting".

Sorry for missing the "date" of Miami joining the Big 10.

"Hey guys, I was wrong, my bad."

Happy?

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is your inferiority and insecurity coming out.

I never said I was the smartest guy in the room. That's just you projecting.

As for Miami working to join the Big 10, it's happening. Sorry that I can't be as Gaby-esque as you and say "sure, anything is possible". It's more than just "possible", but there have been some ups and downs along the way. There are more schools involved than Miami, which complicates matters. Sorry that people can't deliver perfect day-and-date predictions on recruit commitments and conference realignment to all of the people who have no inside information or sources. Sorry.

As for you being the "humility police", you can **** straight off with that. I have always acknowledged when something I said did not come to pass. For you to gin up some false comparison between me and Cribby is a joke. And you can SAY "at least Cribby does that and is well respected for that", but I've watched numerous posters continue to stalk guys like Cribby and Ghandi even after they acknowledge they got stuff wrong, and the "my bad" approach doesn't change the ****** pile-ons that people give to Cribby or Ghandi.

I just spoke to a co-worker yesterday who posts on this board frequently, and who made a prediction that did not come to pass. It happens to all of us. I realize you don't know me off the boards and you think you know what I'm all about from reading my posts, but you truly have no idea.

You want to give me **** about Big 10 realignment? Try reading my group text thread on my phone, where I am CONSTANTLY discussing the ups and downs with a group of well-informed fellow alums. It's not so binary, genius. Sorry that the exit date moves around, this is what happens when Miami does NOT sue the ACC and tries to "rely on F$U to do all the heavy lifting".

Sorry for missing the "date" of Miami joining the Big 10.

"Hey guys, I was wrong, my bad."

Happy?

Your lack of humility on full display. You don't have to say certain things. It's how you conduct yourself and deliver the information. I like both Cribby and Ghandi, appreciate their insight, and respect how it's delivered. You not so much.

Your lack of humility on full display. You don't have to say certain things. It's how you conduct yourself and deliver the information. I like both Cribby and Ghandi, appreciate their insight, and respect how it's delivered. You not so much.
The OriginalCane thinks he is a genius. His voluminous posts rarely convey anything useful.

if you block him you will have a much better experience on this site.

Oh, so now it 's not about me being "humble" and saying "my bad", now it's about "how I conduct myself" and "deliver the information". Moving the goalposts yet again, hilarious.

And you don't like that I make southern jokes, though I've lived here since I was 4. I'm curious to see the next reason you invent for "not liking me".

Whatever. Keep complaining, I don't care. You can't please everyone all the time, particularly not southern snowflakes who work for the Humility Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back