Scrimmage tonight

Well, it's hard to judge what the problem was based off of play by play.

Not worried about Howard though, just a bad day. It happens.

Morris has an elite ARM, if he focuses in getting a pass or two in against a particular CB without going through his progressions naturally...he'll probably win 7 out of 10 times... On the CB side of things, its hard to bat 1.000

Also have to consider if the coverage was man, or if the receiver was released due to zone coverage , etc...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Panic!! Panic!! Panic!! Panic!! Panic!!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!

Getting burnt in the spring of a kids sophmore year...

In all seriousness Morris doesn't have to worry about getting hit and he absolutely shredded mediocre defenses last year. He should be ripping us out there. If he wasn't I would be worried.

You're 100% on the spot sir.

Guys....You cant touch the Qb so not kind of fair...The Defense played solid, they are bigger and faster. All the Qbs played including walk on Lassiter...yes lassiter....

Crow will beat out williams...at times I thought it was morris throwing the ball he threw so sharp and with great velocity....RaShawn Scott and Dallas Crawford were MVPS...and herb Walters is the next star....I watched Malcom Lewis run non stop tonight in pads..he looks a little thicker..just a great kid..

Great scrimmage for the fans...Bishop Verot was a better setting in my opinion...weather was good but a little windy and chilly..I guess around 3000 people there??

Saw one insight guy from Clearwater named hurricanedave????? Dmoney I missed you but if your wearing a jeesie A jersey with a mobile cotton bowl patch i saw you...you sound black on here...I was not expecting a white guy...LOL..

Advertisement
Guys....You cant touch the Qb so not kind of fair...The Defense played solid, they are bigger and faster. All the Qbs played including walk on Lassiter...yes lassiter....

Crow will beat out williams...at times I thought it was morris throwing the ball he threw so sharp and with great velocity....RaShawn Scott and Dallas Crawford were MVPS...and herb Walters is the next star....I watched Malcom Lewis run non stop tonight in pads..he looks a little thicker..just a great kid..

Great scrimmage for the fans...Bishop Verot was a better setting in my opinion...weather was good but a little windy and chilly..I guess around 3000 people there??

Saw one insight guy from Clearwater named hurricanedave????? Dmoney I missed you but if your wearing a jeesie A jersey with a mobile cotton bowl patch i saw you...you sound black on here...I was not expecting a white guy...LOL..

lol at you sound black on here.. sorry had to burst your bubble.

Advertisement

He's the guy that looks like a younger, skinnier Alfred Molina. Shouldn't be hard to pick out.

It's funny how many people think dmoney is black

Anyone who frequented the Lounge and read D$'s Lady Gaga comments knew he wasn't black

Anyone who frequented the Lounge and read D$'s Lady Gaga comments knew he wasn't black

Don't sleep on that Fame Monster album.

Advertisement

It's Hurcaneman. Nice to meet you Neal
Definitely a smaller crowd than Bishop but the players walked the fence shaking hands and thanking the fans for coming out which I thought was very cool and very classy

Some quick thoughts on the scrimmage:

First team defense came out and got two stops right away.

Crow looked decent as the #2. Had a nice drive where he capped it off with a throw to Dallas Crawford. I think Crawford will play a role in this offense.

Rashawn Scott was a Beast today, making catches all over the field. Went over the top of Howard at least once.

Dillard looked okay and then got banged up.

Seemed like McCord was getting pressure here and there.

The run defense was good as Duke never really broke for any substantial yards.

#38 walk on had some HUGE hits.

Kirby destroyed Dobard on one play. The play before Dobard had a nice 15-20 yard catch and run, looked faster than I thought. I think he'll be good.

Where the **** is Beau Sandland? He didn't have a single catch and is physically smaller than I thought he was.

Allen hurns caught a couple of TD's from Morris. Those two seem to be on the same page.

Perryman had a huge hit on someone, I think Duke.

That's all I have for now, Im sure D$ and Courcy75 can fill in a lot more.

Advertisement
Some random thoughts from me:

* Standish Dobard; He got lit up bigtime on a play and no one seemed to notice. My son and I both made note of it. He stayed in the game the next play looking **** near unconscious and actually made a key block on a nice run by a walk on running back. A couple series later Dobard took the big hit that others mentioned here where he was down for a couple minutes. It would not surprise me if we found that he was concussed before taking that big hit over the middle. I'll say this, Standish Dobard looked fearless. The kid went head on with anyone near him, blocking or otherwise. Kid is tough!!

* We are in a world of hurt in the running game if Duke Johnson goes down. I guess its worth noting that Edwardo Clements was not there, but of the guys who did get carries, I thought the best running back aside from Duke was a walk on named Brandon Yosha.

* Jake O'Donnell sure looks the part. Kid is long and athletic looking. That said, he quit on a route in the endzone and missed an easy TD (from Ryan Williams?)

* Beau Sandland got some burn but I didnt notice much of him. Was looking.

* Sonny Odogwu; When you see a guy standing amongst a bunch of bigass dudes and he still looks like a bigass dude, you know he's a bigass dude.

* Gray Crow really is challenging Ryan Williams for the #2 spot. Up til today I thought that was coaching staff hype to push Williams a little. Its not. Gray Crow looked light years better than he did in the spring game a year ago.

* Stephen Morris; This was my first time seeing him live... WOW @ his arm strength. He overthrew a seem route to Herb Waters that was maybe 45 yards in the air with an arm motion that looked like he was checking it down to a RB. Just wow. That ball really jumps out of his hand.

* Ryan Williams, on a designed rollout missed a WIDE OPEN Dallas Crawford at the 5 yard line and threw to a double covered Alan Hurns underneath. After the play, Crawford threw his arms in the air and screamed a big laugh. He was ****ed and smiling. lol

* Larry Hope got beat badly on a couple plays. On one he tried to jump the slant route on a slant and go. Doh!! Ryan Williams flipped the ball out to the receiver (forgot who??) and he ran it down to the like the 2 yard line.

* There was a walk-on wide receiver named Irastorza who got a rep at safety and got a tipped ball interception in the back of the endzone. He ran it out, got to the 35 yard line. If he were a scholarship player, he would have dipped out of bounds but being a walk-on he foolishly tried to truck Maurice Hagens and got DRILLED. Loudest hit of the day.

* I made note of everytime I saw Rayshawn Jenkins on the field. He's been getting a lot of hype here and I wanted to see it for myself. Suffice it to say I did not come away as impressed as some here have suggested. Jenkins looked solid but far from spectacular. He also looked smallish for his listed size. I will say that he was on the field at the same time as Deon Bush on a handful of plays.

* We have depth at Wide receiver. There was enough talent at WR for every QB to get good reps. Hurns looked top notch. Waters looked like a rising star. Rashaun Scott looked deserving of all the big things Ive said about him here. Even Jontavius Carter got some burn. Kid is tall and skinny. lol

* What a fun event. The crowd was really talkative and having fun. Well worth the drive (from Pembroke Pines, not California :) )

Raphael's hit on Standish was downright nasty

Duke shook Denzel and made him look real silly. Denzel popped him on the very next play.

Lassiter looked better than I thought he would.

Team looked real physical overall.

Duke accidentally trucked a school media guy. Dude went down, camera went flying. Not really relevant, but it was a highlight of the night nonetheless.

Beau Sandland is 100% MONSTER. Hadn't seen him close up until today. Guy is massive.

I didn't get to watch every single play of the scrimmage but overall things looked great from what I saw.

Like hearing Crawford being involved. We're gonna need him to give us quality snaps when he's spelling Duke.

Advertisement
Back