Miami Junior Day list (Jan 13th)

Advertisement
De La Salle is a pretty exclusive all-boys private catholic school that costs $15,000 a year to attend. They are, in my opinion, the epitome of a high school program juggernaut. Not exactly a tough environment lol. I'm sure they have scholarships and stuff for their athletes, but not many kids that go there are from tough families.

“I talked to Coach Fisch a lot today,” Mahalak said. “They pulled me in their office twice—the first time I thought he was going to offer me. But, basically he wants to see a little more film and evaluate me more. He basically said I’m their guy and we’ll move forward soon. He told me that they offered Olsen, Gray Crow, Preston Dewey in the spring months, so that could be the time frame. He’s coming back out to see me on Wednesday, so we’ll see what happens.”

Advertisement
Homestead (Fla.) 2014 WR Ermon Lane is one of the most coveted prospects in his class.
The 6-foot-2, 190-pound prospect now has many of college football’s top programs after him. Just last month he picked up a big in-state offer when the Florida Gators extended a tender.“I’ve been waiting for that offer for a long time,” Lane said of the Gators. “I talked to their DB coach T-Rob. He just said they were really interested in me, that I could play and to just stay focused.”

While rank high(Miami) for Lane, it is an out-of-state school that he feels is recruiting him the hardest right now.
“Probably Alabama and Coach Jeff Stoutland,” Lane said of the school after him the hardest. “He’s just telling me basic things like he’s real interested in me and they want me.

Advertisement
Sony said that coaches are telling him he can team-up with Duke and that liked the Schwartz Center. He hasn't talked to the FSU since Gran left and that he is probably visiting the gators later this winter.

Homestead (Fla.) 2014 WR Ermon Lane is one of the most coveted prospects in his class.
The 6-foot-2, 190-pound prospect now has many of college football’s top programs after him. Just last month he picked up a big in-state offer when the Florida Gators extended a tender.“I’ve been waiting for that offer for a long time,” Lane said of the Gators. “I talked to their DB coach T-Rob. He just said they were really interested in me, that I could play and to just stay focused.”

While rank high(Miami) for Lane, it is an out-of-state school that he feels is recruiting him the hardest right now.
“Probably Alabama and Coach Jeff Stoutland,” Lane said of the school after him the hardest. “He’s just telling me basic things like he’s real interested in me and they want me.

http://www.alabamaintel.com/articles/2013-lb-matt-thomas-names-alabama-as-his-leader

2013 LB Matt Thomas names Alabama as his leader
William "Redfish" Barger
8 months ago

Sony said that coaches are telling him he can team-up with Duke and that liked the Schwartz Center. He hasn't talked to the FSU since Gran left and that he is probably visiting the gators later this winter.

Cane lock

Advertisement
“I talked to Coach Fisch a lot today,” Mahalak said. “They pulled me in their office twice—the first time I thought he was going to offer me. But, basically he wants to see a little more film and evaluate me more. He basically said I’m their guy and we’ll move forward soon. He told me that they offered Olsen, Gray Crow, Preston Dewey in the spring months, so that could be the time frame. He’s coming back out to see me on Wednesday, so we’ll see what happens.”

Why are people so excited about him? Isn't he the backup behind the Cal kid? I am not trying to knock him just don't get it.

Advertisement
McDermott almost committed eh

huh?

Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central OL K.C. McDermott, the brother of current Cane Shane McDermott, was in attendance at UM's Junior Day on Sunday afternoon.

And K.C., who lists double digit offers including Miami, was wowed while on campus.

To the point that the Canes are now his frontrunner.

And almost more.

McDermott said "There was a moment where it entered my mind" to commit to UM today.

"But I still have to research a few things, make sure it's right for me," he said.

McDermott adds that "Miami's No. 1 on my list; Notre Dame is No. 2.

"It was kind of a tough decision before today. I'm not committing yet, but this was a great day. We got a lot of info about the University, the philosophy, how they run things, how they're surrounding the whole University with a staff and everyone is just 100 percent committed to winning football games and making sure you go on to the next level of your life."

Advertisement
Back