Keivie Rose DT from LA Tech Hits the Portal and becomes a Hog

Advertisement
I don’t think we land either Mauigoa without Salave’a.

I don’t know if we are in it for Isendre Ahfua without him right now or any other Polynesian kids considering us.

I really don’t know what the issue is as Joe seems likable. You can’t whack him and sacrifice the guys he makes possible unless you replace him with some Charlie Partridge level guy and I don’t know that’s possible. We have JT there now especially and that adds another aspect to it.

I still find this all to be perplexing.
Mauigoa comes here because of Mirabal and Mario’s rap sheet as OL coaches. Let’s be honest here. Joe saliva hasent recruited anybody with a pulse at his assigned position

Advertisement
I don’t think Alex alone gets Mauigoa. I think he goes with Niko to Tennessee.
Alex alone maybe not but Mario’s rep as OL can hold its own. In any case, I don’t think Joe Saliva is here just to recruit Polynesian players regardless of position. He is mainly responsible for DL and he whiffs every fokyn time when it matters.

Alex alone maybe not but Mario’s rep as OL can hold its own. In any case, I don’t think Joe Saliva is here just to recruit Polynesian players regardless of position. He is mainly responsible for DL and he whiffs every fokyn time when it matters.
You’re fooling yourself if you think Alex and/or Mario’s rep is landing big time Samoan players without a Samoan coach on staff and I mean ON STAFF. Their socialization is different.

So again, if Joe lands 2 or 3 Polynesian studs a year and assists with others, he’s doing well. Don’t believe it? How would we look right now without those 2 Mauigoa brothers right now???

And therein lies the problem. You can’t get rid of him unless you’re sacrificing the Poly pipeline and replacing it with someone like Charlie Partridge who can at least bring in DT’s. And we have to be able to hire someone like that, with JT as the DL coach.

It’s not a simple fix without costs like some think it is.

Advertisement
Atrocious decision by Rose. He will have to live with the consequences.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t think we land either Mauigoa without Salave’a.

I don’t know if we are in it for Isendre Ahfua without him right now or any other Polynesian kids considering us.

I really don’t know what the issue is as Joe seems likable. You can’t whack him and sacrifice the guys he makes possible unless you replace him with some Charlie Partridge level guy and I don’t know that’s possible. We have JT there now especially and that adds another aspect to it.

I still find this all to be perplexing.

One could also hypothetically move him to an analyst position and not make a sacrifice on the Polynesian recruiting, while at the same time getting someone better for DT recruiting.

One could also hypothetically move him to an analyst position and not make a sacrifice on the Polynesian recruiting, while at the same time getting someone better for DT recruiting.
Won’t work. They’ll see through that and I doubt he stays but in fantasyland, sure, that would be great.

Won’t work. They’ll see through that and I doubt he stays but in fantasyland, sure, that would be great.

Hat tip to Cristobal. Credit where it's due. I said that if Salave’a was going to continue to be bad at DT recruiting, then Cristobal was going to need to focus on offense because teams are going to be able run on us at control clock. It looks like Cristobal has recognized that and made the moves he can. At least he's giving TVD some weapons. Can't fix DT problems now, so it is what it is.

Rose is a bigger miss to me than Malone. I was skeptical we'd get much out of Malone but his potential is high enough that he was worth the risk. I think Rose would have been a more productive player, even if not with same upside.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back