Keeping what you have

Advertisement
Perfect summary for my feelings on this. NCAA knew **** like this was coming and sat on their hands and did nothing. We don't have to know the answers as its not our job but we as fans should be able to see this isn't it. Whatever happens, it does seem likely that CFB as we know it might become something very different from what it was
What’s it’s going to be is very stratified. When the dust settles there will be 1-2 mega national conferences of the “haves” that governs itself and has its own huge media rights deal. Then there will be “have not” minor conferences that operate under different rules and have crap media rights deals and basically serve as a minor league.

Doing the right things to get the program on the right side of the line is far more important right now than whether we went 8-4 or 7-5 this season. Mario is frustrating at times, but the dude is working harder than anyone else would and marshaling more resources than anyone else could to get UM in the best possible position.

Another huge factor is Miami getting into AAU. That’s basically a prerequisite to get into the B1G, which is one of the two safe plays for Miami.

True, but the problem is its not college football anymore. Its NFL youth league. As much as I loved college ball over the decades, it is now well along the way towards having nothing to do with college or amateurism beyond the name affiliation and the scholarship being a tiny part of the overall compensation package.
I understand this side of it too but imo this is what u get when u don’t adjust your format for centuries **** near lol. Ncaa basically said we not paying yall so go ahead and open the flood gates

I just feel bad for the smaller football programs.

Look at Tulane for example...
You make a good initial evaluation on a QB...
You develop him for 2+ years...
And then the big programs come through and drop a bag on him...now you lose your program Quarterback.

Look at it from Tulane's perspective...or any other school like Tulane who's losing kids to big-time P5 schools.
You have to imagine how this would hurt those programs. Kinda sucks for them and there's absolutely nothing they can do. Money talks. (and they don't have it)

SIDENOTE: He goes to the NFL and the P5 school he transferred to gets the credit when realistically Tulane should be hanging his picture on THEIR wall.

Kinda reminds me of all the times I developed kids at a public school for 2 years only to have Heritage or STA come and snatch them away after the kid makes All County.
Tulane at least got Pratt for four years and very well may get two NY6 births out of it. I will also say Tulane has some VERY deep pockets in boosters and alums. Maybe these last two years will push them to spend more. Obviously they will not compete with the big players, but there is money to be contributed.

I just feel bad for the smaller football programs.

Look at Tulane for example...
You make a good initial evaluation on a QB...
You develop him for 2+ years...
And then the big programs come through and drop a bag on him...now you lose your program Quarterback.

Look at it from Tulane's perspective...or any other school like Tulane who's losing kids to big-time P5 schools.
You have to imagine how this would hurt those programs. Kinda sucks for them and there's absolutely nothing they can do. Money talks. (and they don't have it)

SIDENOTE: He goes to the NFL and the P5 school he transferred to gets the credit when realistically Tulane should be hanging his picture on THEIR wall.

Kinda reminds me of all the times I developed kids at a public school for 2 years only to have Heritage or STA come and snatch them away after the kid makes All County.
we've been saying this for years.

there is going to be a super conference and everyone else.

I suspect by mid 2030-ish, CFB will have a 20-ish team super league.

buh bye SEC, ACC, and Big10 as we know them, the Vandys, Rutgers, and Cuses of the world get dropped like dead weight and those serious about competing pony up the big dough.

Does a Miami and USC join that club? SMU? TCU? I think some names to join will surprise yes and I think some names who say "nope" will also shock.

Advertisement
Tulane at least got Pratt for four years and very well may get two NY6 births out of it. I will also say Tulane has some VERY deep pockets in boosters and alums. Maybe these last two years will push them to spend more. Obviously they will not compete with the big players, but there is money to be contributed.

Yep, plus, that’s their recruiting pitch.

Yep, plus, that’s their recruiting pitch.
I just saw they offered Fritz 4.5 a year, which would put them in the middle of the big 12 for salary.

I’ll give one easy example. The Glazers of Tampa Bay and Man U fame have a ton of family members that went there. Same with the Yorks from the 49ers. There’s a LOT of very wealthy alums that they can draw from.

Advertisement
Back