DT Simeon Barrow, Jr. commits to Miami

Sagapolu was 6' and had limited athleticism.

Jones is a legit 6'3" (claims to be 6'4" and 305 on his IG per the Athletic), played both DT and primarily blocking TE (8 for 142 and 1TD) + OL. He is a leading scorer for his HS Basketball team while playing Center at 10.6 points per game and 8.6 rebounds per game. He throws discuss (156 6"'), shot (45' 9") and javelin (meh). AND he is the state champion at weightlifting.

You're tripping.
Not even close to similar. Jones is like the fridge in HS he’s a freak

Advertisement
1715248356219.png

Im good if he’s half of jalen carter lol, that kid was the best player on uga defense filled with elites as a sophomore. We should probably find a more realistic comp because those don’t come around often
Half a Jalen Carter is better than any DT we’ve had since Wilfork not named Gerald Willis in his age 29 senior season 🤣

Jones has top 5 pick traits that’s for sure. Didn’t know he runs a ~4.8 with his size and strength. God **** and he’ll get stronger/faster.

Advertisement
of the guys we hope can contribute I got

Joshua Horton
McConathy
Artavius Jones
Lightfoot

as most likely to make an impact.

I think Blount and Scott need timento develop. Blount especially needs a year to 1.5 years of growth ( he reclassified) and Scott needs an adjustment period to P5 level ball as his competition was not nearly as good as FL competition imo.
I really think Artavius is going to be special. I think we will see a nice steady improvement from beginning of season to end of it. I think he’s been what we’ve been missing.

Advertisement
Jalen Carter is a top 5 DT in the league already and I wouldn't be surprised if he's thought of as #1 after 2024.

We should temper our expectations a bit.
Only comparing Jones to the high school Carter not Jalen Carter the 1st rd draft pick.

I’m
Jalen Carter is a top 5 DT in the league already and I wouldn't be surprised if he's thought of as #1 after 2024.

We should temper our expectations a bit.
what he did for that UGA defense was beyond tremendous. He literally split the OL in two parts each snap lol went from a reverse V shape to just I I

I'd take those bench calculators w/a grain of salt. I had hit 225 19 times a couple years back and couldn't do 315 once, yet the calculator says 357 max. Either way kid is strong af and has immense potential.
I think you can most definitely lift 315 if you can rep 225 19 times. i can only get 225 for 8 reps on a good day and I've done 275 x2. You must have tried on a day when you were exhausted or sore

Advertisement
You guys are putting way too much pressure on Jones. Lets just let it play out. We all agree he has every tool in the toolbox to be a great DT here. Lets hope the staff and Jones can put it all together.
Exactly Marcus fortson was going to be the next big thing and he flopped
Then Taylor
Those are just the 5 stars
Our record of Dt busting is startling
Hope this class turns it around

Advertisement
You guys are putting way too much pressure on Jones. Lets just let it play out. We all agree he has every tool in the toolbox to be a great DT here. Lets hope the staff and Jones can put it all together.

Jones has the tools to be a good one and also to contribute early. That said, coaches shouldn't build their DT rotation on true freshmen.

I think you can most definitely lift 315 if you can rep 225 19 times. i can only get 225 for 8 reps on a good day and I've done 275 x2. You must have tried on a day when you were exhausted or sore
Honestly I think it was more mental than anything. I usually lift solo so I hardly max out.

Speaking of heavy lifting it appears Marley Cook has been breaking some records in the weight room. I think the daily practice reps against a better O-Line and the competition w/the other DT's will really bring the most out of him. I feel he could be a surprise player this fall.

I think it was you who got me to look at him closer as a prospect and I started agreeing with you cause you brought up a lot of good points bruh
Bro when I saw that high school highlight tape you could see what a tremendous athlete he was. We're not talking about some fat high school kid who got away with bullying inferior comp because of his size and weight, no this kid is a deluxe athlete in a DTs body. Dude was running the ball, playing fullback and TE catching passes even catching bubble screens lol.

Honestly I think it was more mental than anything. I usually lift solo so I hardly max out.

Speaking of heavy lifting it appears Marley Cook has been breaking some records in the weight room. I think the daily practice reps against a better O-Line and the competition w/the other DT's will really bring the most out of him. I feel he could be a surprise player this fall.
With as much abuse as that dude has been taking on the board I would love it if the guy balled out.

Advertisement
Back