Coley on Miami

Remember it has been the dead period for a while. If he was leaning here before then once the dead period ends, I expect Golden will sit him down and show him his process for finding a new position coach. Talk about creating buy in. Give Colley the sense, whether illusory or not, that Colley has input into the hiring of the position coach. Golden is a master of psychology and doubt he was hesitate to share his thoughts to prove to Colley how important he thinks position coaches are.

Advertisement
Am I the only one who thought Coley sounded like he has no chance of passing 4 years in college let alone 1 semester?

Some kids are leaders and some are followers... Duke = leader, Coley =.......

this is ridiculously unfair criticism. it's completely reasonable for the kid to want to know who his position coach will be before making a decision. and given that he apparently had a great relationship w/ McDonald, it makes perfect sense that the coach's departure has impacted his decision making process.

Alshermond will hire a top notch WR corch, and all of this hand-wringing will suddenly disappear. How many corches has fsu lost? All of them? We're fine. We'll get a better WR corch than McTraitor, and Coley will be happy.

What if Golden Al sits Coley down with a list of potential WR coaches, a dossier on each one and simply says... "You choose"

:cigar:

Advertisement
In combat, I didn't care nearly so much who the Unit Commander was, as I was concerned mostly with my team leader.

After all, he was the one I would be spending most of my time with.

And if you have a new team leader coming - but you don't even know who the **** he is, YES, it's disconcerting.

What if Golden Al sits Coley down with a list of potential WR coaches, a dossier on each one and simply says... "You choose"

:cigar:

haha that would be something else! but lets keep the sense of entitlement outta these kids minds! didnt work for randy at least...

I don't get how Mario can even be remotely considered as a WR coach...enlighten me please.

Advertisement
In combat, I didn't care nearly so much who the Unit Commander was, as I was concerned mostly with my team leader.

After all, he was the one I would be spending most of my time with.

And if you have a new team leader coming - but you don't even know who the **** he is, YES, it's disconcerting.

Completely different scenarios, man. Players are often as exposed to their O-Coordinator as they are to their position coach. ****, the head coach is often right in the mix. It's not like the "unit" (WRs, for example) is sent off to homestead for a "mission" (learn to catch fade routes).

Advertisement
Beau Sandland's #1 recruiting factor was his position coach. Just saying.

Good because it worked, but pretty weird decision considering Carroll isn't known as a great teacher. In other words, a lot of this is bull**** (based on friendliness and how they can relate rather than substance). I think some on the board may be able to teach better technique than some of our [recruiting-focused] coaches.

Players definitely care about who there position coach is, the head coach is also a major factor but position coach is the guy they really lean on. Lets see how this plays out

Beau Sandland's #1 recruiting factor was his position coach. Just saying.

Good because it worked, but pretty weird decision considering Carroll isn't known as a great teacher. In other words, a lot of this is bull****.

I don't think the teacher part was really it. More like is my TE coach a good guy and someone I could stand being around kind of thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back