Barry Jackson Behind the Scenes of NCAA Interview

Advertisement
The 'unprecedented cooperation' strategy hasn't seemed to shorten the investigation nor lessen the distrust of the investigators.

Great article in the New York Times comparing the NCAA to big tobacco.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/04/opinion/nocera-the-next-tobacco.html?ref=joenocera&_r=0

It's a faulty comparison that highlights the hypocrisy of the Times. The NCAA gets away with collusive misconduct because the courts do not enforce antitrust laws against it, for faulty reasons.

The entire purpose of the tobacco 'settlement' was to permit tobacco companies to engage in collusion with each other (as the courts wouldn't have allowed it otherwise), with states and trial lawyers benefitting from the collusion agreement.

The 'unprecedented cooperation' strategy hasn't seemed to shorten the investigation nor lessen the distrust of the investigators.

Good point, and the the NCAA seems to be digging for more dirt. Seems like we ay be the first and last school to take this strategy as it hasn't really played out well for us to this point.

2 years later and they are fishing with that stupid nonsense? Shalala needs to stop bending over and taking it in the **** shoot from the NCAA

That's it right there---Shalala is the one driving this train. Wouldn't be surprised to know she has her stubby little booger pickers all in this mess.

The same troll with stubby little booger pickers who hired Golden and got the new Schwarts center built for the future of the program? If only she could be as successful as you...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some people here are dim witted. The University and it's attorney's are stockpiling ammunition, and keeping their powder dry. They are bending over backward to give the NCAA everything it asks. If the NCAA hammers us, that is when the gloves come off and the attorneys get to work going after the NCAA. The NCAA surely knows this, although some on the investigative team seam clueless. If they are going to hammer us, they need to be ready for the fight of their lives. It seems like the U is bending over, but they are just playing the game.

NCAA is scurred...when this all started they thought they were staring at their masterpiece. Could come down hard on a major program that has been a lighting rod for criticism over the years. Problem is this entire "case" is based almost ENTIRELY on circumstantial evidence. The fact Miami took a proactive approach to self impose TWO bans is unprecendented.

Now the NCAA is left to try and throw a hail mary (making potentially incriminating threats to former players) as a way to coerce them into talking. The longer this has gone on the greater the speculation has become that we are going to get the death penalty. But anyone following the situation throughout (like us) probably feels pretty comfortable that the worst really is behind us.

The NCAA botched this entire investigation and now is thinking about lining up for a 65 yard field goal...but the only choice left might be to punt.

chappelle.jpg

Advertisement
Some people here are dim witted. The University and it's attorney's are stockpiling ammunition, and keeping their powder dry. They are bending over backward to give the NCAA everything it asks. If the NCAA hammers us, that is when the gloves come off and the attorneys get to work going after the NCAA. The NCAA surely knows this, although some on the investigative team seam clueless. If they are going to hammer us, they need to be ready for the fight of their lives. It seems like the U is bending over, but they are just playing the game.

Do we have any grounds to sue the NCAA for the length of the investigation and the harassment of former players?

Witch hunt. All started by a sniveling weasel CONVICTED LIAR who bamboozled dozens of people out of millions of dollars and had EVERYONE fooled including cops and high-level businessmen.

He took advantage of some kids by hanging around sniffing their jocks and attempting to graze their weeners, and now he offers up some stupid receipts as "proof" that he bought things for players. The only thing those dopey receipts prove is that he paid for things; they don't prove who was a recipient of anything. Scumbag ****zero has stated publicly that he has a vendetta against UM, yet the NCAA is using this CONVICTED LIAR with a STATED VENDETTA as its star witness. Fugging absurdity of it drives me nuts.

UM has been on probation now for 2 years because, make no mistake, the cloud and stench of this bogus witch hunt has done irreparable harm to UM's reputation and to King Alshermond's recruiting. Time to wrap this witch hunt up and apologize to UM.

As I've said all along, if a list of receipts with no names is enough to bring down a program, I can produce receipts for cars, tvs etc. that I bought for members of Florida State, Notre Dame and Florida. Plus, I'm not a convicted felon. Who's with me?

Witch hunt. All started by a sniveling weasel CONVICTED LIAR who bamboozled dozens of people out of millions of dollars and had EVERYONE fooled including cops and high-level businessmen.

He took advantage of some kids by hanging around sniffing their jocks and attempting to graze their weeners, and now he offers up some stupid receipts as "proof" that he bought things for players. The only thing those dopey receipts prove is that he paid for things; they don't prove who was a recipient of anything. Scumbag ****zero has stated publicly that he has a vendetta against UM, yet the NCAA is using this CONVICTED LIAR with a STATED VENDETTA as its star witness. Fugging absurdity of it drives me nuts.

UM has been on probation now for 2 years because, make no mistake, the cloud and stench of this bogus witch hunt has done irreparable harm to UM's reputation and to King Alshermond's recruiting. Time to wrap this witch hunt up and apologize to UM.

As I've said all along, if a list of receipts with no names is enough to bring down a program, I can produce receipts for cars, tvs etc. that I bought for members of Florida State, Notre Dame and Florida. Plus, I'm not a convicted felon. Who's with me?

Send these reciepts to Charles Robisnon and wait to see what happens.

Advertisement
I think the NCAA is enamored by the fact that a lot of Shapiro's statements came under a Federal investigation where he admitted guilt to save his *** or reduce his sentence. So there has to be legitimicacy to what was happening at UM. This is the only reason I think they are trying to fine tooth comb everything that Shapiro swore as truth under oath. Federal govt has sentenced Shapiro, he cut his deal. Case Closed. Attorneys representing the victims of the Ponzi scheme have recouped as much money as possible from UM, current players and former players. Case Closed. By just looking at these other two aspects you would think that they would have enough info to render a decision, but they probably don't have much besides handing down minimal sanctions.

During the whole Sandusky trial, the NCAA did not chime in. During the Freeh investigation, they didn't chime in until after the the final report was released. Since PSU accepted the facts of the investigation to be true, only then did the NCAA render their decision and hand down sanctions. NCAA knows they don't have the subpeona of the Federal government or the courts, but a lot of times they let these investigations do the work for them. Same thing happenend at Ohio State. A lot of the violations were disclosed under federal subpeonas. Not the case here. With UM though, the federal and court investigations didn't really directly elaborate on how small or rampant the Shapiro/UM problem was. This is why they are taking their sweet time. Yes there was smoke, yes there was a fire, but the scene of the crimes has been contaminated or has washed away. They can try to strong arm UM to try and get people to come forward, but I agree, UM is playing this right, they know that the only thing the NCAA may have is what they were able to get under their NCAA authority and the only thing they have left is time.

They are waiting for a big sports news cycle day so when they release the "we found nothing" report the media will be pre=occupied and uninterested.

2 years later and they are fishing with that stupid nonsense? Shalala needs to stop bending over and taking it in the **** shoot from the NCAA

That's it right there---Shalala is the one driving this train. Wouldn't be surprised to know she has her stubby little booger pickers all in this mess.

The same troll with stubby little booger pickers who hired Golden and got the new Schwarts center built for the future of the program? If only she could be as successful as you...

She has been terrible for Miami football during her tenure there. Wanna take a shot at guessing where this program was when she came in and where it currently sits?

This isn't about what she has done for the university as a whole, it's about the damage done to football during her tenure.

Advertisement
They are waiting for a big sports news cycle day so when they release the "we found nothing" report the media will be pre=occupied and uninterested.

Man I hope that's the reason.

The butthurt from opposing fans would be priceless, but I'm not holding my breath.

Man I hope that's the reason.

The butthurt from opposing fans would be priceless, but I'm not holding my breath.

Haha my god i know. Id be throwing it in the face of everyone here in Columbus thats been harassing me about how we're screwed and they cant wait for the NCAA to bring the hammer down on us. Thats all everyone ever says to me when they realize they cant win a football argument with me about UM vs. insert team (mostly Ohio State).

Its getting obnoxious because i dont really think most of the CFB world knows whats really going on with this investigation unless youre a UM fan and youre following it closely. To the average CFB fan, they still think that somehow all 72 players are guilty and everyone is just waiting for the NCAA to come out with our penalty. They dont read all these ridiculous updates about how former players arent allowed on campus, the interview with the same questioning cycle etc..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back