Barry Jackson Behind the Scenes of NCAA Interview

So the NCAA is wasting all of these resources over a convicted felon who is serving a 20 year prison sentence. Who the fack cares whether or not some football player was on a **** boat 10 years ago????????? Really?????

I can't believe they want to hammer us over a boat ride, and some ******* mixed drinks. **** is so **** minor it's crazy.

They want to hammer us because they want to believe everything Shapiro said was gospel truth. Unfortunately they can't prove **** and the players that were involved in accepting around
3K in benefits have already been punished. These ******* are still looking for the smoking gun so they can make an example of us. It would be nice is due process and right to a speedy trial were things the NCAA were forced to abide buy. They have essentially had us on 2 years probation and we have already took 2 bowl bans for 3K of benefits to players that have already been suspended.

Advertisement
So did we make this situation worse by self-imposing? I mean, who turns themselves into the cops if they're innocent?

2 years later and they are fishing with that stupid nonsense? Shalala needs to stop bending over and taking it in the **** shoot from the NCAA

2 years later and they are fishing with that stupid nonsense? Shalala needs to stop bending over and taking it in the **** shoot from the NCAA

That's it right there---Shalala is the one driving this train. Wouldn't be surprised to know she has her stubby little booger pickers all in this mess.

That's it right there---Shalala is the one driving this train. Wouldn't be surprised to know she has her stubby little booger pickers all in this mess.

Just sit back and watch. I have the utmost confidence that President Shalala will come out swinging if this goes really bad for Miami. It's being played perfectly by the university IMO.

"Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer"

Advertisement
This. So then Canes how does UM and the rest of the thinking world respond when it is discovered that UM has in fact "over-punished" itself because the NCAA case turns out to be very weak? Does UM seek an indemnity from the NCAA or just let it go? Of course, no matter what the NCAA finds they will say that our punishment was just, but the more this goes on the less certain I am. Maybe I'm just out there, anyone have a better interpretation of the end game for this witch hunt fiasco?

I'm buying more and more into the fact that these guys really have squat on us and are trying to find someway to justify a two year bowl ban.

This. So then Canes how does UM and the rest of the thinking world respond when it is discovered that UM has in fact "over-punished" itself because the NCAA case turns out to be very weak? Does UM seek an indemnity from the NCAA or just let it go? Of course, no matter what the NCAA finds they will say that our punishment was just, but the more this goes on the less certain I am. Maybe I'm just out there, anyone have a better interpretation of the end game for this witch hunt fiasco?

I'm buying more and more into the fact that these guys really have squat on us and are trying to find someway to justify a two year bowl ban.

My hope is it buy's Miami a proverbial get out of jail free card AKA drop the years old witch hunt of Miami.
Miami kicked a ton of A$$ in the day, get over it, move on!

Advertisement
It is senseless to me that NCAA relies on Nevin Sharipo who is labeled as a compulsive liar by FBI for his evidence. IIRC he cooked up evidence to make himself less implicated in his fraud case. If it is the case, NCAA should drop their investigation at once.

If they were disassociated with the university would that mean the consecutive touchdown record by canes player be taken away away to? I sure hope not or maybe i missunderstand the rule

What color is the sky in your world?

I really don't think UM would disassociate with the former players. Sounds more like an appeasement towards the NCAA. Also, anyone else find it encouraging and or strange that the UM lawyer was allowed to listen in on the interview; is this common practice? If this is the case, you would assume that he has been in on all the interviews and know exactly what the NCAA has and doesn't have. I think that bodes well for us, moving forward.

Advertisement
You guys need to read between the lines more and take a deeper dive. OF COURSE were going to "tell" the guys they need to cooperate. You realize it's not us AGAINST the NCAA, right? It's a joint investigation.

Now what happens through back channels, those are things that aren't appropriate to contemplate on a public message board.

barry jackson is still a tool - reporting old news that appears to make the NCAA look desperate as he is covering his *** after he -- and the other SFL leaches that call themselves journalists -- have been trying to show UM in a negative light since this story broke many moons ago --

barry jackson lives with his mom and eats cheerios for dinner..

Advertisement
barry jackson is still a tool - reporting old news that appears to make the NCAA look desperate as he is covering his *** after he -- and the other SFL leaches that call themselves journalists -- have been trying to show UM in a negative light since this story broke many moons ago --

barry jackson lives with his mom and eats cheerios for dinner..

I know it isn't popular to say, but Barry Jackson has been the only dude in the nation who has made an effort, any effort, to defend us. No doubt the **** he wrote when the article came out seemed to lean towards believing Yahoo, but that may simply be a product of his job. The fact of the matter is, he gets to choose which sources he decides to print info from, and he goes out of his way to find info on how much of a bull**** witch hunt this NCAA investigation is.

Not saying I like the guy, just saying we should take all the allies we can get. If Urban Meyer, Bobby Bowden, Steve Spurrier and the guy who wrote the SI "Miami should drop football" article decide to jump on our side, we better welcome they *** with open arms. IMO, the NCAA alienating themselves from former allies due to going on an obvious witch hunt in order to vindicate themselves is what is going to save us in the end. When all this **** gets out to the mainstream public, people are going to understand what we have been dealing with since we cleaned up in the early 2000's.

Even our own beat writer turned on us.

So the NCAA is wasting all of these resources over a convicted felon who is serving a 20 year prison sentence. Who the fack cares whether or not some football player was on a **** boat 10 years ago????????? Really?????

I can't believe they want to hammer us over a boat ride, and some ******* mixed drinks. **** is so **** minor it's crazy.

You forgot the wonton soup that all of the OL split

NCAA football coaches know,former ,current,and recruits know,boosters like Shapiro know and claims that the lump sum monies are paid by some SEC schools and Ohio State as Pryor and Clarett have claimed.UM offers tradition,weather,and a fabulous city to recruit players.We do not have the need or money to pay players who are in our backyard.Why does the NCAA have their head in the sand where we all know where the illegal recruiting and pay offs are at.Ask former players of the SEC and they will tell you who offered them $$$$

Witch hunt. All started by a sniveling weasel CONVICTED LIAR who bamboozled dozens of people out of millions of dollars and had EVERYONE fooled including cops and high-level businessmen.

He took advantage of some kids by hanging around sniffing their jocks and attempting to graze their weeners, and now he offers up some stupid receipts as "proof" that he bought things for players. The only thing those dopey receipts prove is that he paid for things; they don't prove who was a recipient of anything. Scumbag ****zero has stated publicly that he has a vendetta against UM, yet the NCAA is using this CONVICTED LIAR with a STATED VENDETTA as its star witness. Fugging absurdity of it drives me nuts.

UM has been on probation now for 2 years because, make no mistake, the cloud and stench of this bogus witch hunt has done irreparable harm to UM's reputation and to King Alshermond's recruiting. Time to wrap this witch hunt up and apologize to UM.

Advertisement
Back