As close to a “must get” as there ever will be

Not directed at me…but this years UGA team is not ground and pound. Kirby trusts Bennett a lot more this year.

UGA are 3rd in passing offence. Bennett has attempts of 30, 31 and 23 all in blowouts and is around 300 yards passing per game.

While I understand the sentiment, and the run game is important to UGA, this isn’t Iowa.
Well yea he actually does look impressive as a passer this year after most of last year I was calling for them to bench him. I think that's what Mario is trying to get here a team that can pass 30 to 35 times while still dominate the line of scrimmage fit run game

Advertisement
Having their current rosters which would you choose to make a playoff push. This is the air raid vs pro style ground and pound debate
Then it's not a legit debate if one team is better stocked than the other.
All things being equal with talent, I'd take USC's offense and it's not even close.

Advertisement
Not directed at me…but this years UGA team is not ground and pound. Kirby trusts Bennett a lot more this year.

UGA are 3rd in passing offence. Bennett has attempts of 30, 31 and 23 all in blowouts and is around 300 yards passing per game.

While I understand the sentiment, and the run game is important to UGA, this isn’t Iowa.
Yes but have you watched their passing game?

Screens, drags, bootlegs, lots of underneath passes that people on here would b and moan about, BUT Georgia produces tons of YAC because their perimeter blocking is unbelievable, and Bowers and RBs can move when they get the ball.

Their RB and TE lead the team in receptions.

Do we get Lincoln as the play caller? Why get USC's playbook if we can't get the play caller.
Yes coaching staffs and players, which style of play you think gets you further in the playoffs, and I'm not talking about defenses either just offenses

Yes but have you watched their passing game?

Screens, drags, bootlegs, lots of underneath passes that people on here would b and moan about, BUT Georgia produces tons of YAC because their perimeter blocking is unbelievable, and Bowers and RBs can move when they get the ball.

Their RB and TE lead the team in receptions.
But here's the thing that offense is super efficient this year even tho it might not be a ton of deep threats down field like USCs offense

Well yea he actually does look impressive as a passer this year after most of last year I was calling for them to bench him. I think that's what Mario is trying to get here a team that can pass 30 to 35 times while still dominate the line of scrimmage fit run game
it took what? 5 or 6 elite recruiting classes to get there? we aren't ever recruiting like UGA is and does. we dont have the resources for that. Mario is elite but he can't make up the diff for what they have. were gonna have to prove it on the field (offensively) to hope that one of local studs stay home or convince an OOS to come here.

Advertisement
it took what? 5 or 6 elite recruiting classes to get there? we aren't ever recruiting like UGA is and does. we dont have the resources for that. Mario is elite but he can't make up the diff for what they have. were gonna have to prove it on the field (offensively) to hope that one of local studs stay home or convince an OOS to come here.
Well you have a point their resources are insane, but thing is we're in South florida land of the bandwagon and this team just have to show a little signs of life combined with NIL, we'll be able to load this roster

1663710431443.gif

Advertisement
Well you have a point their resources are insane, but thing is we're in South florida land of the bandwagon and this team just have to show a little signs of life combined with NIL, we'll be able to load this roster
the issue is we have been recruited against since day 1. its not a shock as to see why were crushing it elsewhere in recruiting but can't land one of the top uncommitted WRs and they dont even give us the time of day. the rep is there w Mario. its the other reason im big on gattis Mario just running what the roster is most comfortable with and that will produce immediate results. you dont get 4-5 years to finally run your offense efficiently. you get 1. good OCs can produce results anywhere.

Then it's not a legit debate if one team is better stocked than the other.
All things being equal with talent, I'd take USC's offense and it's not even close.
USC is clearly benefiting by Riley bringing his star QB and WR from OU, plus poaching Addison. This and Riley being one of the best offensive minds in CFB, if not the best. Plus a high-end RB from Oregon.

We are saddled with a complete rebuild.

I think Mario and staff have done wonders with the OL. There just aren’t consistent playmakers at WR.

Advertisement
USC is clearly benefiting by Riley bringing his star QB and WR from OU, plus poaching Addison. This and Riley being one of the best offensive minds in CFB, if not the best. Plus a high-end RB from Oregon.

We are saddled with a complete rebuild.

I think Mario and staff have done wonders with the OL. There just aren’t consistent playmakers at WR.
Riley is a far superior offensive coach to gattis/Mario. we all know that. its not a shot at our coaches either. its just facts. USC was always gonna have a better offense than us and may even be the better program (yes Riley is ahead of Mario as an HC). luckily, we dont play USC or have to worry about them in recruiting (in terms of our base).

Riley is a far superior offensive coach to gattis/Mario. we all know that. its not a shot at our coaches either. its just facts. USC was always gonna have a better offense than us and may even be the better program (yes Riley is ahead of Mario as an HC). luckily, we dont play USC or have to worry about them in recruiting (in terms of our base).
It will interesting to see if Riley at USC mirrors what he did at OU.

Win the conference but tank in the playoffs because of poor defense and lack of physicality.

Advertisement
Back