CANES snag a preferred walk on from Asheville via Fork Union

Advertisement
Good get. Preferred walk on this year, scholarship next year once he moves up the depth chart. This is the size we need at DE.

Advertisement
What were his measurables, can;t watch streaming video on my work computer.

I am updating the top as I find info. Would love to find out how we stumbled upon this guy. We have almost zero presence in WNC so I am guessing we had someone @ Fork Union to watch and this kid raised some eyebrows.

Good get?
Next jj watt?
If he was the next jj watt, he'd have a ship.
How do u know he will be awarded one next year?
I don't have a problem w a preferred walk on. Doesnt cost us a ship, we can evaluate him for a year or 2. But, the odds are he's more likely not to earn a ship. How many do? Very few.
Hope it's a great find by Al.

Good get?
Next jj watt?
If he was the next jj watt, he'd have a ship.
How do u know he will be awarded one next year?
I don't have a problem w a preferred walk on. Doesnt cost us a ship, we can evaluate him for a year or 2. But, the odds are he's more likely not to earn a ship. How many do? Very few.
Hope it's a great find by Al.

Was about to neg you...but then again, this is what I expect from you

Advertisement
I'm happy that this kid is able to be involved with UM football, that is an honor.

But you will never hear from him again.

Lol, ok. Neg me. How many walk on, preferred or not, get awarded a ship?
Cmon, the next jj watt? Let's wait it out 1st? No?
Great get? Again, can we wait a season or 2?
No knocking Al, we lose nothing by bringing him in. Maybe it works, maybe not. Let's hold off on the superlatives for a little.
Hope he turns out to be a starter.

Advertisement
JJ Watt didn't know he was going to be JJ WATT. He was a pass catching TE at Central Michigan before he became the pass rushing demon he was / is at Wiscky and for the Texans.

Let's not fit the kid for a crown yet, before he sets foot on campus.

I like the wrestling background as well. Doesn't hurt anything to bring a kid like this in as a walk-on and see if he pans out in a couple years.

The U needs more white defenders to balance out our majority thuggery....we had a ton of em in our glory days. I approve of this preferred walk on.

Advertisement
Doesn't hurt at all. More likely he will transfer after a year or 2. Again, just playing the odds of past walk ons earning a ship. Especially if we are hit w any type of ship reduction, it will be that much harder.

Good get. Preferred walk on this year, scholarship next year once he moves up the depth chart. This is the size we need at DE.

probably shouldn't be at or even close to 300 lbs as a de until you are 6'6" and several years into a pro strength system a la mario williams.

however i am happy to get some general size as a walk on, and hope he turns into something.

Advertisement
Back