Derrick Harmon - DT MSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that I'm higher on it. I've said my concerns. But I'm also a realist. In order to get those pieces in that we want for this season it in all likelihood means giving up on certain kids we recently brought in to be parts of our future. What pieces that are still on the roster are you willing to write off so we can find a one year possibly two year mercenary who may or may not fit in? What kids do we have on the roster now that we're all comfortable in saying(after sitting in their living rooms and promising to help develop them as not just football players but young men ready for the world)you aren't a part of our future so time for you to go? We don't really have any of that left. There's also a reason we have said over and over these teams will be built through high school recruiting and supplemented by transfers. Pretty tight line were on right now if you ask me. Just look at poo. They went 13-0 last year (even though they weren't amazing)they were built by transfers. Now look at them this year... Do they pump fear in yalls heart? No. **** no. In all honesty I think they take a huge step back & it's because they sacrificed on highschool recruiting and went heavy on transfers. That's a short term fix. Once those pieces are gone and you sacrificed kids who would've been pieces of your future than you just better pray you nail the portal again. Honestly I think we'll make a run at it all this year and end off top 5 top 8, something like that and lose against a team built for power. Because I do have the same concerns. But I know in order to fill them were shooting ourselves in the foot. I'm not comfortable with that. It's a great problem to have. But I'd say winning #7 if we keep this trajectory and we keep cool hand Luke is two years away. It's important to remember we've been **** eaters in large part nationally since 2004. Enjoy the ride.

corrected.

Advertisement
I'm not saying I think Miami is going to win the natty this year, just that that should be the program's standard and goal every year. And you never know, man, Clemson won a couple natties with elite QB and DL play and not much else, when you have an elite QB anything can happen. I mean this offense is going to be elite this year even if they don't add anyone else. We have NFL players all over the offense.

Defense is another story. We're Miami standard at edge and middle linebacker, that's it. Our DB room is scary. Our DTs are just guys. There are ways opposing offenses can attack this defense, especially better teams. Would be nice to patch up those rooms before fall.
Correct.
But how good is he?
I’m not a talent evaluator.
If he was all we needed and we had the money then fine.
You mentioned Clemson. Is he at that level?
Is he a Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence level DT?
If he is then I can see the desire to throw the kitchen sink. I’m not a talent evaluator so I’m not gonna speculate how good he is.

I see he’s going to Oregon and left USC without committing.

Would not be surprised one bit if he actually came back and visited after all the other nil offers.

Look I want him and full court press but that is the dumbest cliché saying that anybody says about recruiting or the portal. The kid gets a voice in it too you know, even if Miami does everything right and even if Miami offers the most money.

I’m not trying to take a direct shot at you but I’m so sick of people saying that when it means nothing and implies a fail if it doesn’t break our way. What if the kid gets an offer for $10 million from Miami but doesn’t like the humidity or beach or that it’s not a college town? Or the scheme? Or Oregon was his original dream school or whoever? Does the school explode? Will there no longer be peace in our time? Will Fraggle post something that’s not baffling? Inquiring minds want to know.

EDIT - also just FYI, his teammate Barrow- who is visiting, is ranked multiple spots higher on On3 portal rankings best available Inside DL 😱

therefore, not even must get on his own team among the must gets....
View attachment 287669
Will Fraggle post something that’s not baffling?
That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff

It’s a tough choice to make.
Do we necessarily have to win a natty to make the Ward sweepstakes worth it?

Do we have to win a natty to make the money that’s been spent on the program the past 2 years worth it?
I really don’t get the notion that anyone is expecting to win a natty this year.

However, I don’t feel that 9 wins is the expectation either.
So I would say that an acc ****le and a playoff run is the expectation.

Now, if people think that the way the team is now can be a championship level team and that we need to make sure that d tackle isn’t thin, then I totally get it if they overspend.

But imo this team is not 1 d tackle away from winning a natty.

Maybe I got too much ptsd.
But I just don’t see going from 7-5 to a ring in one season.
9 wins with this roster and schedule is a failure.
10 wins is the floor.
An ACC title is the goal. That's an automatic qualifier to the CFP.

Correct.
But how good is he?
If he is then I can see the desire to throw the kitchen sink. I’m not a talent evaluator so I’m not gonna speculate how good he is.

Would not be surprised one bit if he actually came back and visited after all the other nil offers.

He resets the line of scrimmage and raises the ceiling of our defense; someone who needs to be accounted for with more than one blocker and would make it more difficulty to double anyone else (Bain).

He fits exactly what we need and his overall impact is incalculable.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Correct.
But how good is he?

If he was at the same level as Christian Wilkens and Dexter Lawrence, he’d currently be preparing for the Rookie Minicamps that start next week

If he was at the same level as Christian Wilkens and Dexter Lawrence, he’d currently be preparing for the Rookie Minicamps that start next week
Those dudes stayed all 4 years even after having day one projections at the end of their junior year.
They loved that slide!!

Advertisement
Lawerence only played 3 seasons. He was a class of 2016 guy
Rumor was that he left because he tested positive for PED’s and was ineligible for the playoffs.
He also would’ve had to appeal the ruling and if it failed he would have to sit a year.
He allegedly wanted to stay for his senior year.
But the fact that the ncaa moves at a snails pace it would’ve put his senior year in jeopardy and the draft was only a few months away.

Advertisement
Not an automatic qualifier.

P2 will find a way to beyotch slap ACC.

🤣
there’s going to be some inherent bias for sure with ratings and influence over the CFP committee, but we also have to acknowledge the P2 have the best teams.

It’s a rough sketch, but I could foresee it going like this:

BIG10 Champ
SEC Champ
ACC Champ
BIG12 Champ
G5 Champ at #12

Those are given. Then 7 at-large bids

SEC #2
SEC #3
BIG10 #2
BIG10 #3
ACC #2
SEC #4
BIG10 #4 vs. ND vs. BIG12 #2 vs. ACC #3 all for that last spot. Probably in that order depending on the strength of schedules / records.

there’s going to be some inherent bias for sure with ratings and influence over the CFP committee, but we also have to acknowledge the P2 have the best teams.

It’s a rough sketch, but I could foresee it going like this:

BIG10 Champ
SEC Champ
ACC Champ
BIG12 Champ
G5 Champ at #12

Those are given. Then 7 at-large bids

SEC #2
SEC #3
BIG10 #2
BIG10 #3
ACC #2
SEC #4
BIG10 #4 vs. ND vs. BIG12 #2 vs. ACC #3 all for that last spot. Probably in that order depending on the strength of schedules / records.
The G5 Champ at #12? :eek:

SEC Champ
SEC 2-4
B1G Champ
B1G 2-4
ACC Champ
BIG 12 Champ

Choose two from below, depending on ranking.
ND
ACC 2
BIG 12 2
Best G5 team

#sarcasam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back