Derrick Harmon - DT MSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clark isn't bad but he's not NFL material IMO where guys like Harmon and Damonic Williams are. I watched NC State vs Notre Dame and watched Clark on every play, just like I watched Michigan State and TCU's defense, and there's a difference in the talent level.

For example Harmon and Damonic are getting double teamed on every down, but they're still collapsing the pocket. Harmon has more power, Damonic has sick moves and better hands. Clark was getting swallowed up man to man against Notre Dame. NC State also rotated him out much more, and didn't play him on 3rd down while Michigan St and TCU kept their guys in all downs.

Clark isn't bad but he's not that level, JMO
Ay Bud, they is still plenty of time to get a DT. Unfortunately supply is limited. But they are all still available. You are overreacting right now by a lot.

I have been all about NT being or biggest need. But if we did only get Barrow we would make do. And you're point about DB is straight up wrong. We are addressing DB. We got Hill and are going for another CB. We landed every other player in the portal we have wanted. Only thing left is de which looks like we lead for the utenn/Louisville guy. We may get his brother at safety. Probably still going to go for another CB. DT is all that remains that we need. We can make do with 1. I want 2 and would prioritize NT. But if we didn't get that it doesn't mean it's a failure and that our nil is **** or that we can't win lol.

Advertisement
Dude, I know you're smarter than this. Who said COLORADO was given a chance to match?

Visits School A. Offer.

Visits School B. School A suddenly calls and ups the offer.

Never visits School C.

I don't know why this is so hard to conceptualize. Guys change their minds all the time. Maybe he just loves LA, and the money sealed the deal. We just don't know.

Instead, we have guys ****ing and moaning that this is somehow an insult to Miami, or that Miami ****ed up, or that Miami's recruiting is ruined. Except all of that is wrong.
Especially if School B isn't as much of a threat as School C.

Why do you choose to discount the fact we've won a whole bunch of toe to toe battles with them and more since Mario got here just cause you assume you guys know what's going on with this recruitment here? And I suppose players don't have their own minds as well.

Oh I admit I'm probably being unfair. I want us to get the last few pieces this team is missing to get us out of a 20 year purgatory.

I mean 20 ******* years man, yall have been exposed to the same **** just like I have. Well now we have a chance and light at the end of the tunnel with Cam Ward and all the pieces we already have on offense, the new NIL rules.... everything just sets up perfect and we're so ******* close, we just need a couple more pieces including DT but also DB.

I would hate for Miami to miss that opportunity just because they feel like they're good with what they got and no need to get into a bidding war with USC and Texas. It's like we got the ball at the goal line, just punch it in.

I mean let me ask you a question, do you feel like we have enough on defense right now at DT and in the secondary to make a championship run? Or do you agree with me that we're close but still a couple more additions away?

Ay Bud, they is still plenty of time to get a DT. Unfortunately supply is limited. But they are all still available. You are overreacting right now by a lot.

I have been all about NT being or biggest need. But if we did only get Barrow we would make do. And you're point about DB is straight up wrong. We are addressing DB. We got Hill and are going for another CB. We landed every other player in the portal we have wanted. Only thing left is de which looks like we lead for the utenn/Louisville guy. We may get his brother at safety. Probably still going to go for another CB. DT is all that remains that we need. We can make do with 1. I want 2 and would prioritize NT. But if we didn't get that it doesn't mean it's a failure and that our nil is **** or that we can't win lol.

Oh I'm definitely overreacting, I just want Miami back to winning dammit it's been too long. We're really close. If we had Cam Ward for 2 years instead of just 1 I wouldn't overreact so much, but I don't want them to waste this opportunity. The only weakness on the team right now is the interior line and DB. The way I see it getting Harmon for example vs rolling with what we got, the difference is winning one more game, but that game might be the ACC championship or something.

Maybe I'm too focus on NIL but idk man to me these portal guys are mercenaries. How would you feel about Miami's chances if we would have landed Walter Nolen, Derrick Harmon, and Caleb Downs?

Oh I'm definitely overreacting, I just want Miami back to winning dammit it's been too long. We're really close. If we had Cam Ward for 2 years instead of just 1 I wouldn't overreact so much, but I don't want them to waste this opportunity. The only weakness on the team right now is the interior line and DB. The way I see it getting Harmon for example vs rolling with what we got, the difference is winning one more game, but that game might be the ACC championship or something.

Maybe I'm too focus on NIL but idk man to me these portal guys are mercenaries. How would you feel about Miami's chances if we would have landed Walter Nolen, Derrick Harmon, and Caleb Downs?
I have 4 and 18 month olds that whine less than you. We literally went out and landed the top QB and RB's available in the portal and you are bemoaning not getting guys like Nolen or Downs. It's also quite disengenous to compare Harmon to the other two. Not even in the same universe.

Advertisement
I have 4 and 18 month olds that whine less than you. We literally went out and landed the top QB and RB's available in the portal and you are bemoaning not getting guys like Nolen or Downs. It's also quite disengenous to compare Harmon to the other two. Not even in the same universe.
Never have two in diapers at the same time.

Why do you choose to discount the fact we've won a whole bunch of toe to toe battles with them and more since Mario got here just cause you assume you guys know what's going on with this recruitment here? And I suppose players don't have their own minds as well.
Because he’s wrong said Ted

The amount of **** people make up in their minds as happening is unreal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
4 years old. Should have specified. Thankfully was potty trained when my younger one was born.
Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Oh I admit I'm probably being unfair. I want us to get the last few pieces this team is missing to get us out of a 20 year purgatory.

I mean 20 ******* years man, yall have been exposed to the same **** just like I have. Well now we have a chance and light at the end of the tunnel with Cam Ward and all the pieces we already have on offense, the new NIL rules.... everything just sets up perfect and we're so ******* close, we just need a couple more pieces including DT but also DB.

I would hate for Miami to miss that opportunity just because they feel like they're good with what they got and no need to get into a bidding war with USC and Texas. It's like we got the ball at the goal line, just punch it in.

I mean let me ask you a question, do you feel like we have enough on defense right now at DT and in the secondary to make a championship run? Or do you agree with me that we're close but still a couple more additions away?
Depends what you mean by championship run I guess. I think as of right now,staying somewhat healthy the acc is in the bag and playoffs as well. Now once we're in the playoffs is slightly different but there's variables as well. Most teams in the playoffs were gonna have a better offense than by far and we have very big pieces on d. I personally don't wanna have to count on young dudes at do for big games. Cause most of those teams will have an established online and running games. BUT you have to realize that obviously we're starting to see we're having to move on from kids we just got in that we feel pretty good about in most cases just because we don't have anymore of the baggage left on roster. So in order to build this year out a lil more with one year or in some case two year rentals how much more of the 25 or 26 teams are we willing to sacrifice? At this point safety is a far bigger hole than anything else on the team and dt behind that. Let's see how it all plays out though. Cause Mario and staff are doing a **** of a job when it comes to building this roster.

You're responding to every one of my posts trying to get my attention and I'm whining? Fine, maybe I'm whining.

Have you read this board after a loss? How was the mood around here last year after the Georgia Tech game, after the NC State game, after the UNC game? Would you call what 90% of this board was doing at that time "whining?"

It WAS whining. And then you guys go in to your long *** posts about "skeemz" and X's and O's. Meanwhile, the NFL Draft showed EXACTLY what the problem is - this team didn't have the talent.

So what makes more sense.... whining NOW, when UM has a chance to actually do something about it that will make a difference (get better players) or in the fall, when it's already too **** late?

That's the last response I have to you. Games are won in the offseason, ie right now. If it's wrong to whine right now, then don't ******* whine in October when teams are gashing us and try to blame some stupid X's and O's crap. We'll go as far this season as what they're able to accomplish on the trail this week.

Advertisement
You're responding to every one of my posts trying to get my attention and I'm whining? Fine, maybe I'm whining.

Have you read this board after a loss? How was the mood around here last year after the Georgia Tech game, after the NC State game, after the UNC game? Would you call what 90% of this board was doing at that time "whining?"

It WAS whining. And then you guys go in to your long *** posts about "skeemz" and X's and O's. Meanwhile, the NFL Draft showed EXACTLY what the problem is - this team didn't have the talent.

So what makes more sense.... whining NOW, when UM has a chance to actually do something about it that will make a difference (get better players) or in the fall, when it's already too **** late?

That's the last response I have to you. Games are won in the offseason, ie right now. If it's wrong to whine right now, then don't ******* whine in October when teams are gashing us and try to blame some stupid X's and O's crap. We'll go as far this season as what they're able to accomplish on the trail this week.
Whatever they do this week isn't going to make or break our season I'm sorry to say

Depends what you mean by championship run I guess. I think as of right now,staying somewhat healthy the acc is in the bag and playoffs as well. Now once we're in the playoffs is slightly different but there's variables as well. Most teams in the playoffs were gonna have a better offense than by far and we have very big pieces on d. I personally don't wanna have to count on young dudes at do for big games. Cause most of those teams will have an established online and running games. BUT you have to realize that obviously we're starting to see we're having to move on from kids we just got in that we feel pretty good about in most cases just because we don't have anymore of the baggage left on roster. So in order to build this year out a lil more with one year or in some case two year rentals how much more of the 25 or 26 teams are we willing to sacrifice? At this point safety is a far bigger hole than anything else on the team and dt behind that. Let's see how it all plays out though. Cause Mario and staff are doing a **** of a job when it comes to building this roster.

I mean I might catch hate for this but for me a championship run means a natty. I feel like this is Miami and that should always be the expectation regardless of the past 20 years.

We know what talent on a Miami championship team looks like. We need to bring more of it in by whatever means necessary.

But you know defense, I'm glad you're higher on this current room than I am.

Advertisement
😂
we will continue to argue about deficiencies in position groups until it’s filled.
How many pages about hs d-tackle recruitment?
What about receiver?
Remember when Mario failed at qb portal recruitment?

It’s not like it isn’t being addressed.
Everything we’ve all been btching about has gotten attention.
But dudes want to yell from the top of the mountain cause some dude’s agent is shopping him around like Craigslist.

Dude, I know you're smarter than this. Who said COLORADO was given a chance to match?

Visits School A. Offer.

Visits School B. School A suddenly calls and ups the offer.

Never visits School C.

I don't know why this is so hard to conceptualize. Guys change their minds all the time. Maybe he just loves LA, and the money sealed the deal. We just don't know.

Instead, we have guys ****ing and moaning that this is somehow an insult to Miami, or that Miami ****ed up, or that Miami's recruiting is ruined. Except all of that is wrong.
The caterwauling is exhausting.

Win some, lose some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back