Derrick Harmon - DT MSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m well aware of the discrepancy in their NIL deals. Going for “depth pieces” and not adding atleast serviceable mid impact DTs hurt us, no matter how little in NIL it cost us. I’m hopeful we’ll add significantly better pieces at DT this time around.
We better because as of today our DT rotation is Clark and Cook starters,Moten and Gore 2nd string and Campbell and Horton 3rd string,then the 3 stud freshmen.No bueno.

Advertisement
concerned about what? Don’t know if you know this but the run defense was 12th last year and gave up 3.33 per carry. Now it fell off towards the end of the season but that had a lot to do with injuries. And that was done without a big 320+ NT and several undersized guys. We will be bigger at DT this season

And we lost our two best DTs in LT and JHH, and haven't replaced them with equal or better. We have good freshman but you can't depend on 17 and 18 year olds to win in the trenches.

We need to close the deal on Burrow and get a legit 300+ pounder. Pay Harmon or get Damonic Williams out here... but I mean if you can't win NIL battles against USC and Oregon good ******* luck going toe to toe with Texas.

Come on Miami, we need some legit studs at DT make it a priority

We got it! For the 20th time- he’s not visiting 😠

Oh Come On GIF

Advertisement
No, but would have to assume we did get that chance because he went to Colorado after USC, just never made the trip out here. Doesn't make sense that Colorado would be given a chance to match but not Miami. But I don't know **** except I want stud DTs for 2024.

Dude, I know you're smarter than this. Who said COLORADO was given a chance to match?

Visits School A. Offer.

Visits School B. School A suddenly calls and ups the offer.

Never visits School C.

I don't know why this is so hard to conceptualize. Guys change their minds all the time. Maybe he just loves LA, and the money sealed the deal. We just don't know.

Instead, we have guys ****ing and moaning that this is somehow an insult to Miami, or that Miami ****ed up, or that Miami's recruiting is ruined. Except all of that is wrong.

And we lost our two best DTs in LT and JHH, and haven't replaced them with equal or better. We have good freshman but you can't depend on 17 and 18 year olds to win in the trenches.

We need to close the deal on Burrow and get a legit 300+ pounder. Pay Harmon or get Damonic Williams out here... but I mean if you can't win NIL battles against USC and Oregon good ******* luck going toe to toe with Texas.

Didn’t we get Clark? Like y’all be talking like dude ain’t on the roster. He is a 300+ guy he’ll cook said he is over 300 now

No, but would have to assume we did get that chance because he went to Colorado after USC, just never made the trip out here. Doesn't make sense that Colorado would be given a chance to match but not Miami. But I don't know **** except I want stud DTs for 2024.
You're right. You don't know d*ck

Dude, I know you're smarter than this. Who said COLORADO was given a chance to match?

Visits School A. Offer.

Visits School B. School A suddenly calls and ups the offer.

Never visits School C.

I don't know why this is so hard to conceptualize. Guys change their minds all the time. Maybe he just loves LA, and the money sealed the deal. We just don't know.

Instead, we have guys ****ing and moaning that this is somehow an insult to Miami, or that Miami ****ed up, or that Miami's recruiting is ruined. Except all of that is wrong.

He hasn't committed to USC though, in fact he might take other visits. Doesn't really matter if he's not coming here though, but to me it's a miss unless we get someone equal or better.

Bro it's not just Harmon. Harmon would have been exactly what we need, but there have been several good DT in the portal that we didn't prioritize. Walter Nolen, I don't think we even tried. We took Clark instead. The DT from Duke peebles, I think he went to Virgina Tech meanwhile we took Marley Cook. Damonic Williams is a stud, but I haven't heard our name connected with him at all. There have been names out there.

We land Barrow and I'll feel a little better, but we're still need that big interior presence. The narrative is that we're supposed to go all in this year and win now. But then we're not addressing major holes in the secondary and interior line, at least not as of today. Maybe they get that fixed in the next few days.

Advertisement
Didn’t we get Clark? Like y’all be talking like dude ain’t on the roster. He is a 300+ guy he’ll cook said he is over 300 now

Clark isn't bad but he's not NFL material IMO where guys like Harmon and Damonic Williams are. I watched NC State vs Notre Dame and watched Clark on every play, just like I watched Michigan State and TCU's defense, and there's a difference in the talent level.

For example Harmon and Damonic are getting double teamed on every down, but they're still collapsing the pocket. Harmon has more power, Damonic has sick moves and better hands. Clark was getting swallowed up man to man against Notre Dame. NC State also rotated him out much more, and didn't play him on 3rd down while Michigan St and TCU kept their guys in all downs.

Clark isn't bad but he's not that level, JMO

Advertisement

You’re quite clueless full of assumptions that Miami is a dictatorship and the player has no standing on this but …

“Mr must get”
steve buscemi people to kill GIF

Last edited:
I mean I get the mindset…

But at the end of the day, it’s not aggression if you don’t kneel. It’s stupidity. It’s asinine and an embarrassment to your lack of football IQ.

The game is over. They can’t win unless you give it to them. It takes one brain cell to realize if I take a knee, the game is over…despite us playing extremely poorly for 4 quarters.

Instead, we had to pound our chest and show off our toughness by playing all four quarters…as if running the ball was going to change the perception of how we played.

There wasn’t a single positive to playing that out. It’s purely idiotic.
People say that because of the result. I saw Washington do the same thing last season. They ran the ball when they just needed to take a knee twice. Coaches don't take a knee more times than you think. The only time it matters is when it doesn't work out. Nobody says anything when the team wins and they didn't take a knee. Same decision. Different outcome.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Clark isn't bad but he's not NFL material IMO where guys like Harmon and Damonic Williams are. I watched NC State vs Notre Dame and watched Clark on every play, just like I watched Michigan State and TCU's defense, and there's a difference in the talent level.

For example Harmon and Damonic are getting double teamed on every down, but they're still collapsing the pocket. Harmon has more power, Damonic has sick moves and better hands. Clark was getting swallowed up man to man against Notre Dame. NC State also rotated him out much more, and didn't play him on 3rd down while Michigan St and TCU kept their guys in all downs.

Clark isn't bad but he's not that level, JMO
Different schemes. Clark was playing NT in ncst 3-3-5 where he was asked to eat up blocks not penetrate. Harmon and Williams both played in 4-2-5 defenses where they were 1 gap guys. Not arguing who is better just saying schemes called for them to do different stuff

People say that because of the result. I saw Washington do the same thing last season. They ran the ball when they just needed to take a knee twice. Coaches don't take a knee more times than you think. The only time it matters is when it doesn't work out. Nobody says anything when the team wins and they didn't take a knee. Same decision. Different outcome.
Yes i remember that game, it was the cfp playoff Washington v Texas. Deboer didn't kneel in the final minute and got their rb Dillon Johnson injured badly. He wasn't available as more than a decoy in the NC game against Michigan and it cost them dearly because they lost their run threat.

Deboer got spanked online by fans/ media for that call. The only difference was it didn't cost them that very game but it did cost them their star rb which cost them the next game against Michigan. The moral of the story is just take the knee and get out asap with the W

Last edited:

Why do you choose to discount the fact we've won a whole bunch of toe to toe battles with them and more since Mario got here just cause you assume you guys know what's going on with this recruitment here? And I suppose players don't have their own minds as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back