Derrick Harmon - DT MSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Do you know whether we were given a chance to match?

No, but would have to assume we did get that chance because he went to Colorado after USC, just never made the trip out here. Doesn't make sense that Colorado would be given a chance to match but not Miami. But I don't know **** except I want stud DTs for 2024.

I’m sure not landing Bear Alexander and Tywone Malone were massive fails last year too…

Advertisement
The Cribby of 247
Let’s get it straight.. there’s only one Cribby

Can’t be replicated. Just can’t.

IMG_8561.png

Advertisement
How did the Rams win a Super Bowl with a 280 LB. DT. That Aaron Donald guy somehow survived the NFL trenches. Sometimes we can overthink things. With a good rotation we will be fine.
We just saw Washington and TCU play for national titles the last 2 years with undersized defensive lines. As long as you have depth to rotate and a good defensive system you are fine.

We just saw Washington and TCU play for national titles the last 2 years with undersized defensive lines. As long as you have depth to rotate and a good defensive system you are fine.

UW gave up 303 rushing yards. Michigan, which has studs at DT, gave up 46 yards. UGA ran for 250+ on TCU (they didn't even need to run though as the TCU D was swiss cheese) It kinda proved that you can't seriously compete for a title if the other team can run all over you.

I like nearly every move Cristobal has made this offseason, but I think the interior DL is going to be an issue. With Martinez and Ward we could play safe, efficient football (Bro Style Deluxe a la Michigan) and win lots of games, but that doesn't work when the other team is picking up 4.2 yards per carry. I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I feel this is said every year, thank goodness UNC isnt on our schedule if we have that kind of mentality. Some of their RBs need to contribute to our NIL with the film our defense gave them

No but landing Anthony Campbell and Thomas Gore was
Sorry to tell you but Gore and Campbell were nothing more than depth pieces. Malone and Alexander were expected starters commanding close to 2 mil in NIL money

Advertisement
UW gave up 303 rushing yards. Michigan, which has studs at DT, gave up 46 yards. UGA ran for 250+ on TCU (they didn't even need to run though as the TCU D was swiss cheese) It kinda proved that you can't seriously compete for a title if the other team can run all over you.

I like nearly every move Cristobal has made this offseason, but I think the interior DL is going to be an issue. With Martinez and Ward we could play safe, efficient football (Bro Style Deluxe a la Michigan) and win lots of games, but that doesn't work when the other team is picking up 4.2 yards per carry. I'm concerned.
concerned about what? Don’t know if you know this but the run defense was 12th last year and gave up 3.33 per carry. Now it fell off towards the end of the season but that had a lot to do with injuries. And that was done without a big 320+ NT and several undersized guys. We will be bigger at DT this season

Sorry to tell you but Gore and Campbell were nothing more than depth pieces. Malone and Alexander were expected starters commanding close to 2 mil in NIL money

I’m well aware of the discrepancy in their NIL deals. Going for “depth pieces” and not adding atleast serviceable mid impact DTs hurt us, no matter how little in NIL it cost us. I’m hopeful we’ll add significantly better pieces at DT this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back