Trenches MIA VS. FLA

Advertisement
...This game is played in the "Swamp" in August. It is going to be hot.... Physically it is going to be an emotional and very hot game.
I understand most of what you're saying, but a Florida team (at any level, let alone NCAA) not ready to play a football game in the Florida heat, simply hasn't been properly conditioned - no excuses.

Now snow or cold is another thing; can't replicate that.

Let's say the heat is a factor on Miami - you also mention their OL size. What, the heat wouldn't effect them as much as a coastal sea breeze hurts Miami?

I feel FLA has to try to get to the QB to win the game. The Canes have the luxury of being able to win the game via the Run or the Pass. FLA has some size but they don't have elite pass rushers all over the DL. Their OL is huge but they will be tested all game with the Canes able to rotate. This game is played in the "Swamp" in August. It is going to be hot. If the Canes can make this a track meet it starts to come down to depth. I don't think that FLA is a team built to be in a shoot-out or play well from behind. If we get up 14 points early you might see players start to quit. Physically it is going to be an emotional and very hot game. Depth will matter, FLA has highly ranked CBs that were giving up a lot of yards last year. If Miami can get up early and lean on the run game to pound the Gators. On defense, the Canes need to get to the QB to protect our secondary and get their QB off schedule.
Wet bulb or GTFO

Advertisement
you're so educated you couldn't spell luxury twice and then blamed it on your finger

TrumpyCane thinks you should get off your high horse
I can spell, I type fast and mistyped it, Please, do you think I can't spell a simple word? Are you here for that? Or for the Canes?

I understand most of what you're saying, but a Florida team (at any level, let alone NCAA) not ready to play a football game in the Florida heat, simply hasn't been properly conditioned - no excuses.

Now snow or cold is another thing; can't replicate that.

Let's say the heat is a factor on Miami - you also mention their OL size. What, the heat wouldn't effect them as much as a coastal sea breeze hurts Miami?
if you go back and look at big rivalry games especially early in the season you will find cramping used to happen often. I would not be surprised if we saw this again during this game.

you're so educated you couldn't spell luxury twice and then blamed it on your finger

TrumpyCane thinks you should get off your high horse

He then proceeded to use "then" instead of "than" in his assertion of elevated learning

Quite the faux pas from our intellectually superior poster

Advertisement
Their OL looks average
DL has some players
Their Offense is going to struggle IMO.
Mertz is not a QB that scares me.
Their center who played the back half of last year seems to be at least decent.

Napier knows how to run the ball but Guidry almost takes run stopping personally so I can’t imagine they’ll have a ton of success.

We shouldn’t underestimate Mertz for the sole reason that he was decent last year and anytime you have an old *** QB like him it’s a lot more difficult to rattle him. We are banking on some of the with Cam also - he’s an old *** college QB who has seen everything. Having said that, if the DL is healthy we can get pressure with 4 and save those LBs for the never ending little flare out passes Napier does. Just have to tackle well.

I can spell, I type fast and mistyped it, Please, do you think I can't spell a simple word? Are you here for that? Or for the Canes?

TrumpyCane doesn't think you can, you had 2 chances to spell it and butchered it twice

Their center who played the back half of last year seems to be at least decent.

Napier knows how to run the ball but Guidry almost takes run stopping personally so I can’t imagine they’ll have a ton of success.

We shouldn’t underestimate Mertz for the sole reason that he was decent last year and anytime you have an old *** QB like him it’s a lot more difficult to rattle him. We are banking on some of the with Cam also - he’s an old *** college QB who has seen everything. Having said that, if the DL is healthy we can get pressure with 4 and save those LBs for the never ending little flare out passes Napier does. Just have to tackle well.
Mertz is going to be under immense pressure from this DL. I see him having multiple turnovers in this game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
if you go back and look at big rivalry games especially early in the season you will find cramping used to happen often. I would not be surprised if we saw this again during this game.
The last 4 SEC Games we lost were from: not being able to pick up the blitz, run the ball or punt, from a dropped TD Pass, from giving up 10 sacks, from lack of discipline, from not being able to cover, from stupid penalties and poor game calling.

Advertisement
Back