Trenches MIA VS. FLA

Advertisement
This will be a high-emotion rivalry game.

I think the keys to this game:

1. Cam Ward extending plays/running. He will carry the team all year.

2. No big mistakes on defense like blown coverage. Just play correctly. No freelancing.

3. No ******* personal fouls. These penalties will kill drives and literally take points off the board. Our lack of discipline under Mario combined with his gameday ineptitude will lose us this game. I wish these kids knew how to work the refs.
I’ll say what I always say in our big games. DO NOT PUT SOME GUY WHOS TRYING TO MAKE A PLAY ON PUNTS. PUT X BACK THERE I CANT HANDLE ANOTHER MUFF IN A HUGE GAME

Seems like most people have the same concern....

Do we "end this ************ right now" and play to win on offense or do we go clock control bro and play not to lose?

Advertisement
Idk, if I was Billy I would, but obviously I'm not.

With Mertz, your Offense has a very low ceiling & there's just a lot of things he can't do & a lot of plays he can't make. When your QB is limited it effects the entire team & makes it a nearly impossible hurdle to overcome. Lagway has the talent & the upside to make them a viable Offense, he also actually fits a lot better in Napier's scheme than Mertz.

This ain’t 20 years ago, TF QB's have been starting & having success for quite some time now, it's not out of the cards. But, if Billy wants to go 5-7/6-6 again, then yeah keep Mertz in there, ****, I sure as **** will be happy to see him on 8/31 lol
Mertz is fully locked in and is their leader. That said I could see him benched by mid season , maybe earlier. I think he’s a good starter if he’s playing on a loaded team. But he’s not going to be carrying your program or single handidly win you games. He’ll completely 70 % of his passes and get ya 8-9 yards per pass. Check down Charlie.

Sorry if too far off topic but is it too early to know if Dawson made any improvements to our route trees?

2. No big mistakes on defense like blown coverage. Just play correctly. No freelancing.

3. No ******* personal fouls. These penalties will kill drives and literally take points off the board. Our lack of discipline under Mario combined with his gameday ineptitude will lose us this game. I wish these kids knew how to work the refs.

It's nice to have someone who can go off script like Cam.

Advertisement

Ooh Rah, I concur

It's nice to have someone who can go off script like Cam.
This. I think we are going to be presently surprised by how many positive plays he creates by himself. I love D'Eriq King and he was able to extend plays, but primarily with his legs. Ward is a different level and can do it with legs and arm.

Advertisement
So to sum up your points...

Miami can beat Florida if we score more points than they do. We can score offensive points by either running or passing the ball. If we take the lead in the game, that's good. If we're winning at some point in the game, then we can win. Especially if we take a 14 point lead, that's even better than a 15 point lead or more. 14 is a vibe.

Also, UF is fat and the weather in the state of Florida is hot. And the place we're going is called "the swamp," and we all know that swamps are even more hot than not swampy places.
If we score more we win lol so simple. Hot is bad, cause we all know fat people don't like hot swampy places.

Advertisement
Do NOT get up by two scores and then revert to "protecting the lead" ... that is how we lose. Pedal to the metal .... 60 minutes. Score as many points as possible ... both passing and running ... keep mixing it up. Be ready to go deep when they load the box.
Pedal to the metal for 58 minutes. The last 2 minutes take a knee. Sometimes the easiest decisions are the hardest to make.

Advertisement
Back