Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Crow

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

Thunderdome
Candidates

Stephen Morris
19thbY.Em.56.jpg

Positives: Big arm, Very athletic, Starting experience at UM, A year under Fisch
Negatives: Has had INT problems,

Ryan Williams
40.jpg

Positives: FBS starting experience, Size, A year under Fisch, Will be a Soph
Negatives: Not a very big arm, not mobile, Can get flustered under pressure

Preston Dewey
1.png

Positives: EE, Coached by Ty Detmer, accurate arm, decent mobility, Size,
Negatives: Arm strength questionable

David Thompson

Positives: Very athletic, above average arm and accuaracy,
Negatives: Size, Top 50 MLB prospect

Gray Crow
41.jpg

Positives: Physical freak(looks very much the part), Very smart, Hard worker, EE, Scrambling ability
Negatives: Played in a run heavy offense, Extremely raw in all areas, Will be a project

Advertisement
I think Morris' INT problems can be fixed and that he will develop into a very solid QB for Miami. Dewey will be his main competition immediately I think, Al Golden has shown at Temple he isn't afraid to throw Freshman into the fire but does like to redshirt. I think in the end Morris will win the job and keep it until he leaves.

Looking ahead, I could see Crow surprising a lot of people and being the QB of the future. Learning under Fisch(NFL caliber coach) will really benefit him, he has all the physical tools just needs to work hard to get technically better and become a better decision maker.

I got Morris. Jacory had a big turnaround under Fisch(minus the BC game) and that was only after having been under Fisch for about 8 months. Morris will have had a year and 8 months, by the time the season starts. He should know the offense very well. And a lot of Jacory's and Stephen's INT problems, weren't so much their problems, as it was Whipple's problem as an OC.

im thinkin morris, he has experience at UM and with rumors of williams rubber arm he has the best shot. i don't think any of the freshman can start right away but i do expect dewey to compete for the job.

Advertisement
It's 100% Morris. There is no other explanation for him getting snaps late last year vs Duke and especially FSU.

Advertisement
It's 100% Morris. There is no other explanation for him getting snaps late last year vs Duke and especially FSU.

He came in a few times to replace JH when he was having some sort of injury problem, but we didn't have another QB on the roster except Highsmith? Williams was ineligible still.

I honestly have no clue if it will be Morris or Williams to start. I'm hopeful it'll be Morris b/c he can scramble well and his that big arm. Decision-making is iffy, but I think he may be the best QB on the roster. I just don't know enough about Williams to speak for or against him

Morris is one of the best locally produced QB's to come through Coral Gables -- he could be the real deal. Erickson #1, then a lot of mediocrity (collins, crudup, harris...)

Was Whipple right?

Advertisement
Advertisement

If that is the case, there was no excuse for not playing him 100% of the time once the season was over, after the VT loss.

I hope he improves like no one has before, or we won't win 5 games

Morris is one of the best locally produced QB's to come through Coral Gables -- he could be the real deal. Erickson #1, then a lot of mediocrity (collins, crudup, harris...)

Was Whipple right?

What? One TD pass against Maryland two years ago, a bunch of INTs, and dear in the headlights when the game was on the line is mostly what I've seen.

Hopefully, the miracles Fisch worked with JH will repeat

im thinkin morris, he has experience at UM and with rumors of williams rubber arm he has the best shot. i don't think any of the freshman can start right away but i do expect dewey to compete for the job.

Williams does not have a weak arm. he is accurate and fisch has been quoted as saying he can make all the throws. Morris is below average mentally, IMO. He will never start here. He has shown he can't even run a two minute offense.

i think alot of people are underestimating williams

people say he doesnt have a good arm......not true......his arm is better than most think........but lets also not forget.......dorsey didnt have a huge arm either.....and wasnt very mobile......but he was accurate and he was a smart qb

williams......strikes me a bigger.......but slightly less intelligent version of dorsey

i like him alot

Advertisement
Back