WTF

Tell me I am reading this incorrectly, we play AT FAU and AT Toledo in the coming years?????

This is a joke right? Who out of their minds scheduled this? Since when did we stoop so low?

They are dumbing down the schedule Fat Albert. Embarrassing.

Actually might not just be about dumbing down the schedule. It's getting increasingly hard to schedule home-and-home games against top competition, since many top-BCS schools don't want to lose the extra home game.

Plus, there's travel costs to consider. If you say, fine, the Alabamas and Michigans of the world won't play us in a home and home, let's play Indiana, or Northwestern, or Utah, or some ****. Well, those schools actually take estimated cost for the away game into consideration, they might decline to play us and instead go with someone closer. So, we're left with the Arkansas States and Toledos of the world. A marquee name actually going to play at one of their dumpy stadiums has value in increased revenue, so they're more willing to do it, rather than take a $1 million dollar payday (a going rate that we simply can't pay due to our lease at Sun Lifeless) to go and lose in a one-game deal at one of the big boys.

Exactly the opposite. The dynamics of the "Strength of schedule" component to the new playoff system is going to mandate that your whole schedule must be filled with Power 5 teams or you wont stand a chance if you are on the bubble. (read Non-SEC with 1 loss)

I'll believe that when I see it in practice.

I will say that expect that our schedule making will follow the same formula that it has for the past 10 years. 1 'big name' FBS team, 2 'mid level' schools (possibly a lesser 'power-5' school), 1 FCS team. The difference is, and what some people seem incapable of understanding, is that the going rate to pay a team like LA Tech to play a single away game has gone up to the point where we can't afford it ($1 million +). We couldn't 10 years ago (think 2003), and we certainly can't now.

Advertisement
Don't mind being unique and dropping the elitist mentality. If anything, would rather travel to FAU and burn an away game there instead of at Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Kansas State or Florida the way we have in the last decade.

We don't have the money to pay lower D1 programs to come here. I don't see this as that big a deal.

A ton bigger problems with the program, mainly the coaching

Tell me I am reading this incorrectly, we play AT FAU and AT Toledo in the coming years?????

This is a joke right? Who out of their minds scheduled this? Since when did we stoop so low?

They are dumbing down the schedule Fat Albert. Embarrassing.

Actually might not just be about dumbing down the schedule. It's getting increasingly hard to schedule home-and-home games against top competition, since many top-BCS schools don't want to lose the extra home game.

Plus, there's travel costs to consider. If you say, fine, the Alabamas and Michigans of the world won't play us in a home and home, let's play Indiana, or Northwestern, or Utah, or some ****. Well, those schools actually take estimated cost for the away game into consideration, they might decline to play us and instead go with someone closer. So, we're left with the Arkansas States and Toledos of the world. A marquee name actually going to play at one of their dumpy stadiums has value in increased revenue, so they're more willing to do it, rather than take a $1 million dollar payday (a going rate that we simply can't pay due to our lease at Sun Lifeless) to go and lose in a one-game deal at one of the big boys.

Exactly the opposite. The dynamics of the "Strength of schedule" component to the new playoff system is going to mandate that your whole schedule must be filled with Power 5 teams or you wont stand a chance if you are on the bubble. (read Non-SEC with 1 loss)

I'll believe that when I see it in practice.

I will say that expect that our schedule making will follow the same formula that it has for the past 10 years. 1 'big name' FBS team, 2 'mid level' schools (possibly a lesser 'power-5' school), 1 FCS team. The difference is, and what some people seem incapable of understanding, is that the going rate to pay a team like LA Tech to play a single away game has gone up to the point where we can't afford it ($1 million +). We couldn't 10 years ago (think 2003), and we certainly can't now.

The Pac-12 teams are already on it. Proactive.

Mid Mjr. is now the new D-II. Bottom of Power-5 is the new mid-mjr.

All they did was raise the minimum wage.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our AD has done an awful job with this. In addition, there is simply no reason to be playing FIU in football. NONE.

Why don't we murder him? Just plain old kill him. They'll hafta hire a new coach, its really all that's left if we wanna save the program. Actually on second thought scratch that. They'd make dorito the new HC & i drown myself in my cell's toilet.

Why not??? It's what OSU & Alabama & many others do every year before getting into conf play.

Advertisement
The Pac-12 teams are already on it. Proactive.

Mid Mjr. is now the new D-II. Bottom of Power-5 is the new mid-mjr.

All they did was raise the minimum wage.

This is straight up bull****, and not surprising coming from you. The only Pac-12 team whose future schedules even remotely resemble anything you posted is USC, and possibly Stanford. The rest of the Pac-12 has the same old non-conference dregs that they've always played.

This stuff is online, so make an effort to look it up before you pretend like you know more than someone else.

Advertisement
Oklahoma plays at Tulsa this year

Stanford played at Army a few years ago...

Who gives a s*it? You guys would be complaining anyway it would be a noon kickoff and the stands empty if we played them here

Clearly you give a chit by defending this practice.

you dumbasses complaining do realize this was in the works BEFORE AL got here lol and before we had playoffs...

Advertisement
Back