Word is fletcher is out for the season…

Advertisement
I don’t know when he will be back, no one likely does. What I do know is, him posting these pics proves nothing either way.
I agree, him standing in a uniform for a photo shoot proves nothing. Hella players are posting these pics right now. It was only the comment that caught my eye Go canes, 4 is back.

When I read it I immediately assumed he was talking about the number since he wore that in HS and was 22 last year. But everyone in the comments started chiming in about medical stuff and he liked one post referencing the medical implications. That is the only reason I brought it up.

Didnt know where else to put this or what Fletcher thread to bump but people in the comments think the caption of "Cant you tell im excited, Go canes 4 is back" is him saying he was/is cleared. I think Mario said at the start of spring ball he expected Fletcher back for Fall but we all know how that goes.

On his most recent YouTube video l, Miami Flo said he is starting to get the feeling that Fletcher will be good to go but it was still too early to make a definitive statement.

Spoke with Mark at the spring game. Here’s a photo of him with my son! He said he’s definitely not out for the season. He doesn’t know if he’ll be ready for the UF game but he assured me he’ll be back this season 🙌🏻
Told you guys he'd be back this season on the day of the spring game when I spoke with him at length, go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think everybody agrees there. The point is we have 3 other capable backs that can compliment one of the best in the county to start the season.

Please explain.

How is CJ and Lyle capable when neither have played a meaningful snap in college?

Allen is a nice number 4 back. Having those as your back RB option heading in Gainesville is less than ideal.

Yall need to stop living in this world of 7 win roster type talent.

Outside of Martinez Miami is in trouble at RB if Fletcher can go. You want to win 10 games you need more than just Martinez and “capable” backs.

Last edited:
Please explain.

How is CJ and capable when neither have played a meaningful snap in college?

Allen is a nice number 4 back. Having those as your back RB option heading in Gainesville is less than ideal.

Yall need to stop living in this world of 7 win roster type talent.

Outside of Martinez Miami is in trouble at RB if Fletcher can go. You want to win 10 games you need more than just Martinez and “capable” backs.

FACTS. I actually posted a comment on the RB Room is Filthy thread, then deleted it because I didn't want to come across as too negative. But Martinez is the only playoff level back on roster.

Last year's Fletcher could get us there because our line is so strong but on his own was "maybe" a top 15-30 back. Last year's Allen was a terrible blocker and an unreliable ball carrier. Last year's Johnson went down when a defender pinky tackled him. Maybe one or more of those guys gets better. Maybe CHW and Lyle (who I really liked as a recruit) are the real deal as true freshman. But I see no proof we've got anyone behind Martinez good enough to help Miami's playoff run this season, other than a potentially healthy Fletcher who is at least as good as he was last season. Fingers crossed.

FACTS. I actually posted a comment on the RB Room is Filthy thread, then deleted it because I didn't want to come across as too negative. But Martinez is the only playoff level back on roster.

Last year's Fletcher could get us there because our line is so strong but on his own was "maybe" a top 15-30 back. Last year's Allen was a terrible blocker and an unreliable ball carrier. Last year's Johnson went down when a defender pinky tackled him. Maybe one or more of those guys gets better. Maybe CHW and Lyle (who I really liked as a recruit) are the real deal as true freshman. But I see no proof we've got anyone behind Martinez good enough to help Miami's playoff run this season, other than a potentially healthy Fletcher who is at least as good as he was last season. Fingers crossed.

Have to hope Fletcher can play and Lyle has an amazing year for a freshmen. Allen is serviceable and CJ is a gadget player.

No clue why CHW brings to the table until I see him play in a game .

Miamis RB room is actually very sketchy after Martinez.

Advertisement
Back