Will Howard to Ohio St

Howard spoke to ESPN:

There were multiple pulls to Ohio State. Howard stressed that he enjoyed getting to know both Miami offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson and USC coach Lincoln Riley. But he ultimately found Ohio State to be the most ready to compete immediately for a national title.

"When I started talking to Ohio State, everything kind of lined up," Howard said. "I had a list of things I was looking for, in terms of needing to go somewhere where there was a lot of talent around me and somewhere I could compete for a national championship."

Howard also has individual goals, as he said the feedback he got from the NFL is that he projected anywhere between the late second round and the fourth round.

Howard received a coveted Senior Bowl invitation this week, per sources. But he realizes a season of winning big at Ohio State would go a long way in helping his draft stock.

"The goal I have, I want to go win a national championship," he said. "At the end of the day, I want to go be a starting quarterback in the NFL ... I feel like the best place to stick as a quarterback in the NFL is as a first- or second-round pick in the NFL draft. Going to Ohio State gives me a chance to make a jump and leap into that conversation."

Advertisement
Well the lady has sang!

Go Canes

If the check fits you must commit

oj simpson 90s GIF

McCord was better than Howard statistically. Will be real interesting to see how it plays out. Probably a lot of running and zone reads for him to keep it.
My guess is they're probably going to be shifting to more of a Power-Spread Zone read laden Offense in order to keep up with Mich. The Offense will be orchestrated around the run game instead of the WR's & I don't think it will work in the long run.

Oh ST is at its best with a pocket passer who can operate the RPO & get it out quick to the WR's on the perimeter, which opens up the run game for them.

Glad he’s not the one. Wouldn’t surprise me if he doesn’t win the job there or is viewed by OSU fans like Kyle McCord if he does win it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Howard spoke to ESPN:

There were multiple pulls to Ohio State. Howard stressed that he enjoyed getting to know both Miami offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson and USC coach Lincoln Riley. But he ultimately found Ohio State to be the most ready to compete immediately for a national title.

"When I started talking to Ohio State, everything kind of lined up," Howard said. "I had a list of things I was looking for, in terms of needing to go somewhere where there was a lot of talent around me and somewhere I could compete for a national championship."

Howard also has individual goals, as he said the feedback he got from the NFL is that he projected anywhere between the late second round and the fourth round.

Howard received a coveted Senior Bowl invitation this week, per sources. But he realizes a season of winning big at Ohio State would go a long way in helping his draft stock.

"The goal I have, I want to go win a national championship," he said. "At the end of the day, I want to go be a starting quarterback in the NFL ... I feel like the best place to stick as a quarterback in the NFL is as a first- or second-round pick in the NFL draft. Going to Ohio State gives me a chance to make a jump and leap into that conversation."
OSU produces busts at QB. Only CJ Stroud is passable (so far). It’s understandable, he won’t publicly say that Riley passed him up for Moss and Mario passed him up for Jud the Stud after the visits.

McCord was better than Howard statistically. Will be real interesting to see how it plays out. Probably a lot of running and zone reads for him to keep it.
The story with mccrod is that Day and many inside OSU are sky high on Devin Brown and told him he would come back and compete with him for the job. Mccord and his dad supposedly did not like this and quit on the team.

OSU's plan was to have McCord and Brown fight it out and not get a portal QB. McCord leaving forced their hand.

My guess is they're probably going to be shifting to more of a Power-Spread Zone read laden Offense in order to keep up with Mich. The Offense will be orchestrated around the run game instead of the WR's & I don't think it will work in the long run.

Oh ST is at its best with a pocket passer who can operate the RPO & get it out quick to the WR's on the perimeter, which opens up the run game for them.
You mean the guy that they just kicked out?

What's a bit scary is that kids like Howard, Rogers and Dillon Gabriel committed to the schools that they did and you can make a strong argument that none are better than their predecessors. We're bringing a machete to a gun fight for kids who, frankly, are not needle movers.
Mario has to know that next year is a huge year with lots of expectations. There’s no way he can realistically try to sell JB as QB1 for next season to the fanbase without an outright revolt.

Maybe the kid can turn into QB1 over the next 8 months. We all know he will work his *** off.

Advertisement
Stop campaigning for your mope award.
I selected Mope vs. Soft Mope in the poll... while I sit here watching the Women's Bball team on the computer rooting for a road win over BC.... But, I'll get drawn back into cautious optimism some time after the **** disguised as Spring Ball Kool Aid spills its last drop....

I selected Mope vs. Soft Mope in the poll... while I sit here watching the Women's Bball team on the computer rooting for a road win over BC.... But, I'll get drawn back into cautious optimism some time after the **** disguised as Spring Ball Kool Aid spills its last drop....
You could use therapy. It should be included with your health plan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back