Why no talk of a 6th year of eligibility for Malcolm Lewis?

Advertisement
And, I definitely disagree with some of the posters who say that Berrios is ineffective as a PR. He was effective and made some big plays (4th Qtr against FSU ring a bell?). We just had NO performance on kick returns. Homer should have been returning kicks this whole time.

I said it before - overall, even though Richt wasn't my #1 pick, I've embraced him and believe he'll do a good job, but having Malcolm return kicks when you have a kid in Homer who might have taken one or two back for scores and at minimum would have gotten us better field position, is just a head scratcher. Every yard counts, so why did Mark just those away when he had multiple choices to go with for KR who would've performed better...?

And, I definitely disagree with some of the posters who say that Berrios is ineffective as a PR. He was effective and made some big plays (4th Qtr against FSU ring a bell?). We just had NO performance on kick returns. Homer should have been returning kicks this whole time.

I said it before - overall, even though Richt wasn't my #1 pick, I've embraced him and believe he'll do a good job, but having Malcolm return kicks when you have a kid in Homer who might have taken one or two back for scores and at minimum would have gotten us better field position, is just a head scratcher. Every yard counts, so why did Mark just those away when he had multiple choices to go with for KR who would've performed better...?

imo berrios is a better punt returner than WR. the kid has talent and ability but is too much of a showboat for my liking nad it hurts him. always trying to jump, dive, etc great wr's dont have to do that.

Advertisement
Over the last 6 games:

14 rec, 170 yds

That's 14 yards per catch. Just when the guy started consistently making plays he has to stop playing football.

I say roll the dice and give him another year

That would be a pretty be roll of the dice considering he has no eligiblity left.

He had more than a few big third down catches this year. I'd love to have him back cause he may not be the fastest or most explosive guy on the roster, but he makes tough catches when we need him too.

This isn't even possible OP

3481813.webp

Malcom eligibility is gone but for some of you guys shyting on him, you'll are crazy. He was probably our best 3rd down WR this year...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Malcom eligibility is gone but for some of you guys shyting on him, you'll are crazy. He was probably our best 3rd down WR this year...

How many 3rd down catches did he have all season?

At least one. He had that crazy one against ND that I'm still not sure was actually a catch.
I don't ***ing know. But I can tell you towards the last half of the season, Lewis had at least one or two a game...

Advertisement
And, I definitely disagree with some of the posters who say that Berrios is ineffective as a PR. He was effective and made some big plays (4th Qtr against FSU ring a bell?).

He's awful.

Has it really been that long since we've had a good punt returner that people actually think Berrios is good?

Theron Collier was better than him.

Advertisement
And, I definitely disagree with some of the posters who say that Berrios is ineffective as a PR. He was effective and made some big plays (4th Qtr against FSU ring a bell?).

He's awful.

Has it really been that long since we've had a good punt returner that people actually think Berrios is good?

Guys on this forum must not watch football outside of this team. I seriously believe they don't even watch the team we are playing against.

Dudes think Berrios is effective, Lewis should get another year to steal snaps from guys with talent and Brads production can't be replaced.

We definitely need him on the WR depth chart / happy for him he is a solid possession receiver.

Dare I say it, we could kind of use him next season.

no counting this years recruits Miami has an ok depth chart at the top. Richards, cager, berrios,mullins gives u 4 nice wr's, we need more of course but those 4 arent' chopped liver.

He's awful.

Guys on this forum must not watch football outside of this team. I seriously believe they don't even watch the team we are playing against.

Dudes think Berrios is effective, Lewis should get another year to steal snaps from guys with talent and Brads production can't be replaced.

Depends on your definition of effective...

Sure hands not turning the ball over....or

full burn risking getting lit up with a BIB or holding call to boot.

Just saying, but we don't have the full tilt return guy right now, and Richt is all about keeping the ball in play. Not sure why with his play calling half the season, but we could do worse than BB.

Advertisement
Back