Who is a better coach in college baseball than Jim Morris

BearThatAteDBC

Redshirt Freshman
I want to hear because of all the blasting he gets. Start naming those better and how many TITLES they have because that is the BENCHMARK some idiots on here refer to all the time. I would like to win more titles but it is far from easy and to make the NCAA regionals 44 straight years says something. Go ahead and list all better and who would be available because I don't think Gino will be any better.

Advertisement
Tim Corbin
Pat Casey
Paul Mainieri

I dont think we could pull any of those guys though

Real question- Why do you not think Geno will be any better? Truly wondering, are you just basing this on a hunch or? Also, I wish we would take a look at Greg Lovelady because I think it's great what he's been able to do at Wright State, but that may not be a popular opinion and he hasn't proven much.

Tim Corbin (At a private schoool, so he is the only true comparable.)

Brian O'Connor (Public school, so essentially 4-5 times the amount of scholarships that UM has available, so that makes it hard to compare, but he has performed better over the past 8-years.)

Dan McDonnell (Public school, massive resources, stadium as good as most minor league teams and 4-5x times the scholarships available. Reaching Omaha at a better clip.)

Pat Casey (Oregon mimics their every move, so has some arduous challenges.)

I formerly thought that John Savage and Fox were better, but they missed the tourney twice and boast marked advantages over UM. Morris would kill at UCLA.

No one knows South Florida high school baseball better than Di Mare. I have had problems with him in the past, but he will do great at UM. He is not as meticulous as Morris, but he will bring in better talent. Main worry with Di Mare is his adherence to rules.

His family is one of the wealthiest and best connected in South Florida, so we may finally turn Mark Light into a first class venue.

He will do well. There are rumors of friction between he and Arteaga, and hopefully they are unsubstantiated, because Arteaga is an excellent coach and a legend in South Florida.

Advertisement
I'm amazed how none of Morris's biggest detractors on this board have been silent on this subject when all they do is call for his head even though he is winning. Oh well

They might enact a statue of Morris right next to Fraser after he retires in 2018. 1000 wins at Miami and 2 NC's at the minimum.

The downside to McDonell is that he rarely makes Omaha, and they played poorly the two times that he competed there.

Louisville has given him everything that he needs to win. Their talent-base is mediocre, though.

No one knows South Florida high school baseball better than Di Mare. I have had problems with him in the past, but he will do great at UM. He is not as meticulous as Morris, but he will bring in better talent. Main worry with Di Mare is his adherence to rules.

His family is one of the wealthiest and best connected in South Florida, so we may finally turn Mark Light into a first class venue.

He will do well. There are rumors of friction between he and Arteaga, and hopefully they are unsubstantiated, because Arteaga is an excellent coach and a legend in South Florida.

I've heard he's not big on rules

Advertisement
That is what scares me about di Mare. I also heard that he cannot stand Arteaga. Di Mare has never had to deal with true adversity and that worries me as well.

He will win a lot, though. He was a star in high schoool in Miami and at Miami. He knows every high school in South Florida and few people identify talent better than him. He was the only one that offered Braun a scholarship. He and Morris are the masters of scholarship utilization.

My only beef with Morris is he bunts WAY too much, otherwise he is a very good coach.

He is one win away from back to back CWS appearances.

I'd go with Gino, he's naturally more aggressive than Morris, but most certainly will have increased his awareness of small ball through the association. Obviously an extremely knowledgeable recruiter, and more than a little aware of the private school obstacles.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
We have a great coaching staff right now with the trio of Morris, DiMare, and Artega.

The only guy I would trade that trio for is O'Connor with UF. Otherwise, to think we're going to somehow "upgrade" if we would follow the hockey gnome's "advice" and fire Morris is insane

Don't worry if we lose the first game in Omaha or the 2nd game the Jagr's/Antwans of the world will be back on here basking in negativity.

Did you notice that the hockey-gnome completely disappeared after the win. What a riot!

I am not doing the calculations again, but Morris essentially plays with 4.87 less scholarships than the state schools, and this does not include the Bright Futures program. The day the NCAA evens the field, is the day I expect more. Imagine this team with 4.87 more Abreus or Collins.

Advertisement
Did you notice that the hockey-gnome completely disappeared after the win. What a riot!

I am not doing the calculations again, but Morris essentially plays with 4.87 less scholarships than the state schools, and this does not include the Bright Futures program. The day the NCAA evens the field, is the day I expect more. Imagine this team with 4.87 more Abreus or Collins.

We are at a hugeeeeee disadvantage. Danny Garcia will not be back next year and will turn pro because of how much Miami can offer him and what he needs to make it affordable.

My only beef with Morris is he bunts WAY too much, otherwise he is a very good coach.

He is one win away from back to back CWS appearances.

I don't have a problem with the bunts when they're working. This years team doesn't take advantage of the situation following the sacrifice. I feel like every time someone bunts the guy over the next guy strikes out.

Advertisement
Back