When is showboating counter productive

Advertisement
But otherwise...

original.gif

More of this!

I still don’t know what happened in the video? Is the tall kid talking trash? I’m not sure what anyone is doing wrong here

I think this is getting in the weird "taunting" category the NFL is trying to enforce. In the Chad Ocho Cinco days, you could get fined for an overzealous endzone dance with your own team. Players and fan objected to the "No Fun League" and now they let the entire team run into an endzone and take pics or do a choregraphed dance. For me? I could care less. Sports are entertainment, you can have sportsmanship and still celebrate like a jacka$$.

But what the NFL did is say okay you can celebrate with your teammates but no taunting other players, they don't want Tyreek Hill's peace sign as he slides into the endzone, no CBs or WRs standing over a player if they moss him.

See the below link for some of the dumb "taunting" flags.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nfl...gs-not-planning-to-change-rule-005350001.html

So while I understand the intent behind it, the NFL is doing an awful job enforcing but I feel like that is what led to this flag.

I’m sorry but this society has become weak & lame as ****.

Taunting is & has always been associated w/ any form of competition. As long as u’re calling out someone’s family member, what u’ll do their spouse, calling them derogatory terms, etc. I have no problem w/ it.

At the domino table, u’re talking major chit

On the sticks playing Madden or 2K, u’re talking major chit

Playing street ball or pick up football, u’re talking major chit

Foot racing on the track, u’re talking major chit

It breeds competition. It breeds rivalries. If we were in a gentleman sports like golf or tennis, then I guess…but football is not a gentleman sport. Staring at someone after u made a huge play on them is actually a natural instinct, if imma be honest. Are there limits? Of course, but what was shown was petty & soft af.

Advertisement
I’m sorry but this society has become weak & lame as ****.

Taunting is & has always been associated w/ any form of competition. As long as u’re calling out someone’s family member, what u’ll do their spouse, calling them derogatory terms, etc. I have no problem w/ it.

At the domino table, u’re talking major chit

On the sticks playing Madden or 2K, u’re talking major chit

Playing street ball or pick up football, u’re talking major chit

Foot racing on the track, u’re talking major chit

It breeds competition. It breeds rivalries. If we were in a gentleman sports like golf or tennis, then I guess…but football is not a gentleman sport. Staring at someone after u made a huge play on them is actually a natural instinct, if imma be honest. Are there limits? Of course, but what was shown was petty & soft af.

I didn't mean this as an indictment on showboating or taunting. I just question why a coach isn't teaching his players that these particular efs are calling a game super tight and every penalty call is hurting the team.

Instead he went to social media to mock the officiating. Imo that's hurting his players' development and understanding about what's coming at the next level.

I didn't mean this as an indictment on showboating or taunting. I just question why a coach isn't teaching his players that these particular efs are calling a game super tight and every penalty call is hurting the team.

Instead he went to social media to mock the officiating. Imo that's hurting his players' development and understanding about what's coming at the next level.

I understood ur OP, & I agree w/ u. As a coach, u have to adjust to the rules of the game, whether u agree w/ it or not. Sometimes social media is overused, but it may have been a point of contention where the coach was like, “F this; I need the world to see the b.s penalties that were called against my guys.”

I was just on my soap box tip, pimp juice. Lol. This is a point of contention for me, even bigger than Nike v. Adidas. Lol. I love sports & what’s going on in FB is sickening. I get the targeting rule, although I grew up playing sideline pop in the middle of the street. Lol. But I’ve met many former NFL players who have suffered gr8ly from their time. Many have no regrets, while others wish they had better pay/healthcare during their time, but would still do it again.

Sports is one of the more natural emotional activities anyone can be involved in b/c it’s competitive. The yelling, chest thumping, pointing…all that chit has been going on since gladiator times. This cancel culture we’re in where unicorns have been expected to fly over clouds w/ rainbow sprinkles coming out their *** is for the birds. U can’t mute everything.

Again, as long as I don’t see guys calling out one’s family, or anything personal like that, I’m cool w/ it. I love the smoke bro. I talk chit & expect it back & if I don’t live up to the chit talk, I expect to get clowned & vise versa. Nothing personal w/ me b/c at the end, it’s all fun & competition. ****, I just lost my championship belt in FFB after talking gorilla chit about repeating & I had to hand deliver the belt to my arch nemesis while his family recorded it. Lol. It’s all fun.

Advertisement
In a vacuum, that's a flag. Looks like taunting. That said, I don't think stuff like that should be called unless prior warnings were being ignored or you have a need to keep stuff in control. That's relatively harmless.

Advertisement
Eff that old school mentality of no celebrating.
Let them have their life wins, maybe this is all some kids got in lives.
Old white man rules.
I suspect the old white men of Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Ronnie Lott, etc might, just might disagree.

It shouldn't be the "no fun league" but perhaps tremendous performance/play speaks louder volumes than the "look at me *******" after a 2yd slant amd tackle.

Get of my lawn your crazy kids!!!!!!

Ah, so you're unable (unwilling) to make the distinction between an attack and a response to it. Convenient.
You’re making a fool of yourself you just won’t admit it

Just go on about your business and I will pretend it didn’t happen for your own good

Advertisement
Let kids be kids but once they reach adulthood the expectation should change. A professional should behave as such.

Advertisement
Back