What happened to FSU?

1. Hitched his wagon to DJU
2. Horrible portal evals
3. South Florida recruiting busts

4. Loaded the DL with guys chasing $ with poor character. They’ve been held hostage by #5, #11 and #6 for the last two years. All
Three have packed it in effort-wise and are looking towards playing in the league next year.

Shammin doing Shammin things at LB isn’t surprising to anyone who’s seen him do it at UCF, UF, and Miami. He basically recruits himself time and again.

Advertisement
That's the thing, their talent isn't better then their record. I've watched FSU vs Ga Tech, BC, Memphis, California, SMU, Clemson and Duke. They are what their record shows and that's a horrible team. They have no WRs, TEs and their O line is awful. The RBs are the best part of their offense and they're average at best. Lastly, they have no QB. Brock Glenn or DJU, take ur pick cause they are the worst QBs in the ACC. Defense isn't bad but when they played against SMU and Clemson, they were bad. There's not much difference between FSU and Stanford right now. They do have great kickers
*athletics only
Academically not so much.

I hope Mario drops 70 on them.

They’re so bad that College Gameday is going to Bloomington, Indiana to tout 7-0 Indiana against 4-3 Washington instead of coming to sunny SFL. I loathe the ‘noles.

Bad HS recruiting and going after the wrong type of players in the portal. This will be Novell’s third losing season out of five and his two good years were boosted by incredible portal talent. He isn’t good enough to coach at this level.
And his best years coincided with the ACC at a low---esp Clem

Advertisement
They had 10 players drafted, 6 udfa who all played snaps, 3 of them signed with team's

Thats not just 16 regular players like how we flipped our roster with guys entering the portal. They literally lost all of their best players at almost all the important positions

They don’t recruit high school well enough, their portal class was alot of unproven players. And they chose dju as their qb, so they have the 132nd ranked offense or sum ****. Just terrible roster management and development basically

Last edited:
Regressed to the mean.
They kind of remind me of Coker’s last year or so. Bunch of hyped-up guys put together with duct tape, ****** / selfish culture, but nothing really there. The house of cards comparison other posters said makes a lot of sense. I admit I thought they would have a couple losses, but still be competitive this year. I truly didn’t think they were going to be this bad. A couple Gator friends did, and I thought they were being overly biased.

I can’t believe this isn’t being talked about in the national media more. This has to be one of if not the most disappointing season relative to expectations in college football history.

It’s definitely a combination of things but all roads lead back to Norvell. The crazy thing is I think solving these problems will be infinitely harder now. They need to start recruiting high school 3 years ago, so really a Time Machine is the first priority. Now they need to hit the portal again to fix holes caused by relying on the portal too much. But the luster is fully off and you gotta assume they take a hit in funding from donors after this.

Advertisement
Ironic how two QB's cost FSU so much money. Winston's and Travis' talent both got huge raises for otherwise mediocre coaches.

That's the thing, their talent isn't better then their record. I've watched FSU vs Ga Tech, BC, Memphis, California, SMU, Clemson and Duke. They are what their record shows and that's a horrible team. They have no WRs, TEs and their O line is awful. The RBs are the best part of their offense and they're average at best. Lastly, they have no QB. Brock Glenn or DJU, take ur pick cause they are the worst QBs in the ACC. Defense isn't bad but when they played against SMU and Clemson, they were bad. There's not much difference between FSU and Stanford right now. They do have great kickers
They have looked awful, for a team that has been very good at portal acquistions
they but their talent evals this time were awful + HS recruiting has been historically bad.......

I expected a drop off this year especially with DJ behind center but no one could’ve predicted this debacle. They have the athletes, have they just given up? Is this a culture thing? Their talent is much better than their record. They should have been able to win with running the ball and their defense alone. Us and UF are the only games they have left to save their seasons so I expect them to come out fired up.
It's definitely not the culture. They told us that. I mean who else has a head coach that races the team every practice. Culture is amazing. They play as hard as they can every down. What more can you ask? They will play us tough

...for 1 play until they are punched in the face. Then you'll see a line of turtles on the bench with heads hidden. Gonna be fun Saturday.

Advertisement
You obviously underestimated the roster, what they lost and what Norvell didn't bring in this year via the portal or recruiting.

Culturally you have guys that were on last year's team and think they can just waltz out there this year like they're the same 23-4 squad they were the previous two years.

They lost defensive end Jared Verse, wide receiver Keon Coleman, defensive lineman Braden Fiske, safety Renardo Green, running back Trey Benson, defensive back Jarrian Jones, quarterback Jordan Travis and wide receiver Johnny Wilson—and they're shocked their production completely fell off with nobody to replace those guys?

Cristobal is maniacal about recruiting on-brand high school kids, while cherry-picking the portal and getting the best available day-one ready talent there—Norvell not so much.

Anyone who expected the Noles to just reload this year haven't been paying attention to the show Norvell is running over there.

Have you considered that, perhaps, just maybe, FSU is filled with really, really bad people?

Advertisement
They essentially took the second / third line from the Bama/Georgia depth chart at a bunch of positions and convinced themselves they had replaced the Verses and Colemans of the world.

Advertisement
Back