What happened to FSU?

Saltycane

Sophomore
I expected a drop off this year especially with DJ behind center but no one could’ve predicted this debacle. They have the athletes, have they just given up? Is this a culture thing? Their talent is much better than their record. They should have been able to win with running the ball and their defense alone. Us and UF are the only games they have left to save their seasons so I expect them to come out fired up.

Advertisement
I expected a drop off this year especially with DJ behind center but no one could’ve predicted this debacle. They have the athletes, have they just given up? Is this a culture thing? Their talent is much better than their record. They should have been able to win with running the ball and their defense alone. Us and UF are the only games they have left to save their seasons so I expect them to come out fired up.

That's the thing, their talent isn't better then their record. I've watched FSU vs Ga Tech, BC, Memphis, California, SMU, Clemson and Duke. They are what their record shows and that's a horrible team. They have no WRs, TEs and their O line is awful. The RBs are the best part of their offense and they're average at best. Lastly, they have no QB. Brock Glenn or DJU, take ur pick cause they are the worst QBs in the ACC. Defense isn't bad but when they played against SMU and Clemson, they were bad. There's not much difference between FSU and Stanford right now. They do have great kickers

How To Get Away With Murder GIF by ABC Network

Advertisement
I think you are vastly overstating their talent, particularly on offense. I don’t see a whole lot of skill position talent. The OL is a mess. And overall, they’re just aren’t many players that pop when you tune in.

Norvell did a bad job cashing in on success. They should have been able to put together a couple good classes and it doesn’t seem like they did.

They had 6 players drafted in the first 3 rounds (and they'd have had 7 if Travis hadn't broken his leg) - 5 (6 with Travis) of them were transfers.

They've clearly missed on their evaluations of transfers this year and their high school recruiting has been poor. It was a house of cards.

Norvell built a house of cards.

Anyone with half a brain knew that DJU was not the answer. Yet that was their top target. That should tell you how they evaluate talent.

Advertisement
Bad HS recruiting and going after the wrong type of players in the portal. This will be Novell’s third losing season out of five and his two good years were boosted by incredible portal talent. He isn’t good enough to coach at this level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Norvell built a house of cards.

Anyone with half a brain knew that DJU was not the answer. Yet that was their top target. That should tell you how they evaluate talent.
Who???
The Portal savvy, Whisperer of QB’s, Offensive genius, CIS favorite, Prison Mike??

Even with his 19 game run, Mario has a better winning percentage here than that guy has.at FSU.

Advertisement
Back